Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Isn't that a photo of McDaniels?
    that boy gone off the henny

Isn't that a photo of McDaniels?
    That's what happens when you blindly post things without doing any research.

I am already past this hire and looking at who we will hire 25 years from now!
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    So do we switch to the 3-4?
    This isn't too big a deal these days. Base formation is Nickel in today's game, anyhow. To run base 34, we probably don't have the personnel, but in NE the Pats have always ran a multiple scheme. So they've had mixtures of both 34/43. We might see a little bit of 34, but as far as scheme goes, it's not that big a deal.

Philosophy wise will be interesting, though. You could clearly tell our DBs played with more of a ball hawk mindset under Caldwell/TA compared to Schwartz. Obviously that's just one group, but the differences will be worth watching next year as we transition to a new coach and whatever new philosophies that come along.

Looks like TA is being offered the Bengals DC job as well as an assistant coach + DB coach in Oakland/Las Vegas.

One thing I am really hoping for is a more efficient offense. I think Matty P will do well with the defense just because that is his thing. I am hoping to see an improvement on the offensive side. Not necessarily improvement in the counting stats, but I just want to see less of the dumb mistakes. Less of the plays that make no sense (run up the middle when we can't block, stuff like that).

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    1. I like that it's a first time head coach.
    2. I like that it's a defense first coach.
    3. I like that it's a coach that comes from a winning organization (regardless of how other coaches under bb have performed as HCs).
    4. I like that this coach and gm are familiar with each other. It could lead to better synergy in team development, drafting, and signing free agents.

I suppose the only thing I don't like is that coaches that have been under BB have not really had much success when leaving the pat's. But that seems circumstantial to me... There is not necessarily any reason for that to have happened.

I'll be happy with this because I have no tangible reason to dislike it.
    i feel the exact same way.
    the only thing i can add that's a plus (i hope i read this correctly) is that

1) Quinn & Patricia both scouted defensive players together during their time in NE.

2) I am happy that it's not an offensive guru looking to come in & change it up. So theres a chance JBC could stay (if needed)

what sucks is that if the pats go to the Super Bowl, it'll be a pretty late start on his coaching staff and personnel hires. I know it happens all the time, but there's a chance we don't "get the guy" he wants and thus have to settle for a 2nd or 3rd tier scrub. But like I said, if it came to that the worst case is that JBC could stay another year.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    i feel the exact same way.
    the only thing i can add that's a plus (i hope i read this correctly) is that

1) Quinn & Patricia both scouted defensive players together during their time in NE.

2) I am happy that it's not an offensive guru looking to come in & change it up. So theres a chance JBC could stay (if needed)

what sucks is that if the pats go to the Super Bowl, it'll be a pretty late start on his coaching staff and personnel hires. I know it happens all the time, but there's a chance we don't "get the guy" he wants and thus have to settle for a 2nd or 3rd tier scrub. But like I said, if it came to that the worst case is that JBC could stay another year.
    Pats will be out after next week

Pats will be out after next week
    Bold. I like it.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Steve Wilks?

Steve Wilks?
    I would not mind him at all. The work he has done with the Panthers defense would be greatly accepted here Vrabel could be another option.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I believe the way it works is that he can accept, but there can be no forma announcement.

I'm confused.... can we hire the guy?? this is an unfair advantage to the hiring team. We should at least be able to pen the guy to a contract so He has creditability when recruiting his coaching staff.

Is this one of those rules that isn't enforced?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I'm confused.... can we hire the guy?? this is an unfair advantage to the hiring team. We should at least be able to pen the guy to a contract so He has creditability when recruiting his coaching staff.

Is this one of those rules that isn't enforced?
    Yes, I think we can. However, we cannot announce it.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast