Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 229
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,732
    This reminds me of the time the Tigers fans clamored to make Alan Trammel the manager.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,416
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    This reminds me of the time the Tigers fans clamored to make Alan Trammel the manager.
    That was pure desperation to sell tickets. That roster was so bad it was crazy. Did they really think people would pay money to watch Trammell sit in the dugout?

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,732
    More reports saying Patricia is taking the Giants job. LOLions

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,416
    Rotoworld:

    ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan reports Patriots DC Matt Patricia is the "favorite" for the Giants' head-coaching job.

    Less than a week ago, PFT reported the Patriots expected Patricia to take the Lions' job, reuniting with GM Bob Quinn. Things have appeared to change course over the last 48 hours, with Patricia now the clear favorite in New York. Per Raanan, the Giants are down to Patricia, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, and Vikings OC Pat Shurmur. Patricia is 43 and has never been a head coach.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N
    Posts
    21,416
    Rotoworld:

    The New York Post's Paul Schwartz reports Panthers DC Steve Wilks, Giants DC Steve Spagnuolo, and ex-Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville are out of the running for the Giants' head-coaching job.

    Wilks was once considered one of the favorites, largely in part to his connection to GM Dave Gettleman from their Carolina days. Wilks looks like he's going to be back with the Panthers, since he opted not to interview with the Colts and hasn't seemed much in the running for the Cardinals and Lions' gigs. Spagnuolo and Studesville were always extreme long shots. The Giants are reportedly zeroed in on Matt Patricia, with Josh McDaniels and Pat Shurmur also still in the mix.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,274
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Rotoworld:

    ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan reports Patriots DC Matt Patricia is the "favorite" for the Giants' head-coaching job.

    Less than a week ago, PFT reported the Patriots expected Patricia to take the Lions' job, reuniting with GM Bob Quinn. Things have appeared to change course over the last 48 hours, with Patricia now the clear favorite in New York. Per Raanan, the Giants are down to Patricia, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, and Vikings OC Pat Shurmur. Patricia is 43 and has never been a head coach.
    This is why I hate the current state of sports "News". ****, this is why I hate the current state of all news. Nothing is news anymore. There is no truth in most articles and things are always speculative. Then, when a complete 180 is made there are no ramifications.

    Look, I've got no idea if we will get Patricia or if the giants will get him. But neither result will surprise me at this point. Hopefully the Lions FO knows all of this (and has known) and they are in a good position.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,732
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    This is why I hate the current state of sports "News". ****, this is why I hate the current state of all news. Nothing is news anymore. There is no truth in most articles and things are always speculative. Then, when a complete 180 is made there are no ramifications.

    Look, I've got no idea if we will get Patricia or if the giants will get him. But neither result will surprise me at this point. Hopefully the Lions FO knows all of this (and has known) and they are in a good position.

    Lions are waiting on Patricia and won't do anything until he tells them what he's doing. It also looks like that is what the Giants are also doing.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    24,021
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Lions are waiting on Patricia and won't do anything until he tells them what he's doing. It also looks like that is what the Giants are also doing.
    Well if we settle again with a HC then I will probably be off the Quinn train as well.

    I swear if any reports ever come out saying the reason why Patrica didnt come here was because we wanted to keep JBC then I will 100% want Stafford traded. Not that I am in love with Patrica as a hire, but the fact that a player has more input then the head coach should just never be acceptable.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Well if we settle again with a HC then I will probably be off the Quinn train as well.

    I swear if any reports ever come out saying the reason why Patrica didnt come here was because we wanted to keep JBC then I will 100% want Stafford traded. Not that I am in love with Patrica as a hire, but the fact that a player has more input then the head coach should just never be acceptable.
    This..... x1000

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Well if we settle again with a HC then I will probably be off the Quinn train as well.

    I swear if any reports ever come out saying the reason why Patrica didnt come here was because we wanted to keep JBC then I will 100% want Stafford traded. Not that I am in love with Patrica as a hire, but the fact that a player has more input then the head coach should just never be acceptable.
    Different sports so the reasoning is 100% sound, but in the NBA the players have waay more say in coaching than in other sports...and it doesn't seem to be a bad thing. Now generally only the greatest players in the league get that pull...and aside from LeBron it seems the players have input but not control...

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,274
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Lions are waiting on Patricia and won't do anything until he tells them what he's doing. It also looks like that is what the Giants are also doing.
    See here's the thing. I don't know if this is true. From the reporting that we've seen, I cannot tell if we are waiting for him or not. Is he deciding between us and the Giants? Or is there no hope and the media just making **** up.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    15,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    Well if we settle again with a HC then I will probably be off the Quinn train as well.

    I swear if any reports ever come out saying the reason why Patrica didnt come here was because we wanted to keep JBC then I will 100% want Stafford traded. Not that I am in love with Patrica as a hire, but the fact that a player has more input then the head coach should just never be acceptable.
    Unfortunately I think it goes even deeper. No question the Fords love Stafford and probably hit Quinn with a similar mandate he had when he first came in...which was keep Caldwell. So now they're telling him to keep JBC because of Stafford.

    IDK I just find it hard to believe Quinn is making this "keep JBC" decision on his own...


    👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    22,916
    I don't really care if we get Patricia or not, this isn't like when rumors started about Michigan getting Harbaugh, Patricia is just some guy. If we end up with him, Vrabel, some other dude, doesn't really matter to me

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    10,732
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    See here's the thing. I don't know if this is true. From the reporting that we've seen, I cannot tell if we are waiting for him or not. Is he deciding between us and the Giants? Or is there no hope and the media just making **** up.

    NFL teams don't wait to hire coaches and both teams aren't interviewing more candidates. Tea leaves read Giants and Lions are focused in on Patricia and once he decides you will see the other team move to option #2. Since he is still in the post season he can't be hired or offered a contract (I think I read that yesterday) so until NE loses both teams will sit there holding their dicks.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I don't really care if we get Patricia or not, this isn't like when rumors started about Michigan getting Harbaugh, Patricia is just some guy. If we end up with him, Vrabel, some other dude, doesn't really matter to me
    I agree that itís not as big of a deal as far as the HC is concerned. Itís the idea of how this organization is ran if all of this stuff were to come true. Patricia not coming here because he couldnít choose his coaching staff, because our superstar player couldnít deal with losing his best buddy in all of this... itís just a terrible way to run business. Maybe their afraid of losing another player to retirement because they just canít win.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •