Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Apparently Stafford runs the show now. There isnít anyone else moving forward to blame if this offense is still crappy next year. I hate the idea of an organization bending over for a player like that. Should have made JBC the head coach then and not look completely pathetic in the process. I think that seriously questions whether or not Quinn knows what he is doing.

Maybe this is all a stunt to get JBC the HC job.

Quote Originally Posted by Primestein View Post
    Apparently Stafford runs the show now. There isnít anyone else moving forward to blame if this offense is still crappy next year. I hate the idea of an organization bending over for a player like that. Should have made JBC the head coach then and not look completely pathetic in the process. I think that seriously questions whether or not Quinn knows what he is doing.
    Feels like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I guess we should've kept Austin as DC because Darrius Slay is playing the best of his career as well...There's no question JBC has improved Stafford's play but wasn't Stafford already on this trajectory prior to Lombardi becoming his OC? It's not like Stafford was a bust prior to JBC or JBC brought new life to this offense, we already knew what Stafford was capable of thanks to Schwartz & Linehan "throw it till your arm fall off" offense that lead to 5kafford.
    Should have kept Caldwell...Stafford & Slay had career years under his leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I guess we should've kept Austin as DC because Darrius Slay is playing the best of his career as well...There's no question JBC has improved Stafford's play but wasn't Stafford already on this trajectory prior to Lombardi becoming his OC? It's not like Stafford was a bust prior to JBC or JBC brought new life to this offense, we already knew what Stafford was capable of thanks to Schwartz & Linehan "throw it till your arm fall off" offense that lead to 5kafford.

JBC has done 0 to improve this running game. Our playcalling is too conservative which admittedly could've been a Caldwell issue, but at this point I'm not willing to gamble and find out. Like I said if they love him so much to the point that they plan on keeping him regardless of who's their HC they should just make him the HC. Honestly, I would think less of whoever takes this job if there's a "keep JBC" clause factored into this job...including Patrica.
    i wouldn't mind a new OC. we'll see what happens.

I'm okay with keeping JBC if they hire a good OL coach + run game offensive assistant. If Patricia is out, wonder if Vrabel is our guy. If so, it'll be cool that the Lions fired Jim Schwartz only to get their 2nd option in Caldwell, and then firing Caldwell to get their second option in Jim Schwartz. SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Lets assume Patricia is HC & Cooter is OC. Any idea's on DCs? Any Pats position coaches Patricia might want to poach?

Although usually first time head coaches like to surround themselves with veteran DCs.
    What about Steve Spagnola from the Giants...he was a horrible head coach but an excellent D coordinator and may be looking for a job soon.

The main problem of trying to poach someone from the current ranks is a db coach is considered an assistant coach and a defensive coordinator is also an assistant coach so you can block those guys from moving to another team if you want.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post

yall are so quick to forget that JBC has Stafford playing the best ball of his career. Stafford and JBC have had no run game at all to work with at all... we still finished 7th in points.

Do you remember the days of Lombardi??? ungrateful fr fr

I don't really care if we bring in a new OC or not but everyone on the team has to learn a new offensive system... that will set us back a bit.

with that being said, John D for Head Coach !
    I like our offense and Stafford better under Linehan...... though Stafford was more sloppy under him. He also was not the best, but better than what we have.
    2015 Detroit Lions Prediction Game WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Zspooner View Post
    I'm okay with keeping JBC if they hire a good OL coach + run game offensive assistant. If Patricia is out, wonder if Vrabel is our guy. If so, it'll be cool that the Lions fired Jim Schwartz only to get their 2nd option in Caldwell, and then firing Caldwell to get their second option in Jim Schwartz. SOL.
    If we knew that Patrica was not coming here we probably would have already hired Vrabel.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    If we knew that Patrica was not coming here we probably would have already hired Vrabel.
    Yup. Lions are either waiting to have MP tell them he's coming or passing, or he has already told the Lions he's their HC.

Can't say I disagree with him here.

Latest I read was that Patrica would like the Giants over the Lions to be closer to his family and his wife's family in Mass. But that the Giants want to go more of an offensive minded coach so have someone else in mind first and Patrica second I guess. As usually for things like this, it could all be rumors.

Maybe we lose out on everyone and hire JBC as our head coach or decide to bring Caldwell back, lol.

2018 Lions:

HC: Jim Bob Cooter
    OC: Joe Lombardi
    DC: Joe Cullen

Quinn drafts zero D-Lineman, but stocks up on WRs, TEs and special team ACES.

Lions finish 0-15. (On the way to their season opener, the team bus (driven by Joe Cullen) gets stuck in a Wendy's drivethru, trapping everyone onboard & they're forced to forfeit one game).

Stafford will shatter the NFL record, by throwing over 1200 passes in a season. Lions fans everywhere will claim his 6,000 passing yards proves he's the greatest QB to ever play the game.

The entire OL gets injured in week 2.

Joique Bell opens up the year with a 99 yr run but receives zero carries for the rest of the game. He doesn't come close to 100 ever again.

Ameer Abdullah, signed by New England, leads the league in TDs.

Darius Slay is the only Lion to make the Pro Bowl. Glover Quin, who leads the NFL in awesomeness, retires out of disgust.

Martha Ford undergoes stem cell treatment, guaranteeing her another 30 years of life at least.

Kingwood makes his return to PSD to take his Told Ya So crown back from Rocket.

Whooligun makes $1 million betting on the Super Bowl because he correctly predicted that the new-look Redskins would go undefeated after they changed the team name to The Avengers and signed the actors from the movie to play, in character/uniform, on D.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    2018 Lions:

HC: Jim Bob Cooter
    OC: Joe Lombardi
    DC: Joe Cullen

Quinn drafts zero D-Lineman, but stocks up on WRs, TEs and special team ACES.

Lions finish 0-15. (On the way to their season opener, the team bus (driven by Joe Cullen) gets stuck in a Wendy's drivethru, trapping everyone onboard & they're forced to forfeit one game).

Stafford will shatter the NFL record, by throwing over 1200 passes in a season. Lions fans everywhere will claim his 6,000 passing yards proves he's the greatest QB to ever play the game.

The entire OL gets injured in week 2.

Joique Bell opens up the year with a 99 yr run but receives zero carries for the rest of the game. He doesn't come close to 100 ever again.

Ameer Abdullah, signed by New England, leads the league in TDs.

Darius Slay is the only Lion to make the Pro Bowl. Glover Quin, who leads the NFL in awesomeness, retires out of disgust.

Martha Ford undergoes stem cell treatment, guaranteeing her another 30 years of life at least.

Kingwood makes his return to PSD to take his Told Ya So crown back from Rocket.

Whooligun makes $1 million betting on the Super Bowl because he correctly predicted that the new-look Redskins would go undefeated after they changed the team name to The Avengers and signed the actors from the movie to play, in character/uniform, on D.
    2nd week of the year and we already have a "post of the year" nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    2nd week of the year and we already have a "post of the year" nominee.
    I was going to add: "Slug says something positive in a Game Day Thread", but I thought the site might crash.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast