Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I know NJ is legalizing weed and all, but what kind of bud makes you believe Foles is a franchise QB? You pro Foles dudes need to knock it off. A month ago, you would have punched somebody in the face if they told you the Jets need Foles. Now we're willing to trade high draft picks for him? Everyone needs to exhale, congratulate the guy for having an all-time three game run, but that's where it ends. Let him be somebody else's mistake, some of you kill the front office for making dumb moves, then you go ahead and propose one.
    I said foles last offseason, and im not claiming hes the franchise guy but he is better than what we have. And if he can be had cheap then why not, last year he could have been had for dirt. A couple years prior his stats were insane, he would be an upgrade not a franchise guy.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

I know NJ is legalizing weed and all, but what kind of bud makes you believe Foles is a franchise QB? You pro Foles dudes need to knock it off. A month ago, you would have punched somebody in the face if they told you the Jets need Foles. Now we're willing to trade high draft picks for him? Everyone needs to exhale, congratulate the guy for having an all-time three game run, but that's where it ends. Let him be somebody else's mistake, some of you kill the front office for making dumb moves, then you go ahead and propose one.
    For some reason I can't go to my history and I can't even access my old jets account on here but I had been saying we should grab Foles the moment he was released July 27th, 2016. He was the better option over Fitz, Petty, Hack, etc and still is better than every QB on the team. Who knows what he could have materialized into. He was 27 and could be had for pennies. Instead, in typical jets fashion, we sign Fitz to a $12M 1 year deal. An absolute waste.

Quote Originally Posted by MySpErmRGrEeN View Post
    For some reason I can't go to my history and I can't even access my old jets account on here but I had been saying we should grab Foles the moment he was released July 27th, 2016. He was the better option over Fitz, Petty, Hack, etc and still is better than every QB on the team. Who knows what he could have materialized into. He was 27 and could be had for pennies. Instead, in typical jets fashion, we sign Fitz to a $12M 1 year deal. An absolute waste.
    I agree with you guys that he is definitely better then what we have on our roster, I just don't want to waste a draft pick trading for the guy. Buy low, sell high. Back in 2016, it would have been a case of buying low, but his value will never be higher then right now. I say draft our QB, resign McCown for now and make the most out of our draft picks and free agency this year and next. Then, hopefully, we'll have a real shot at contending in 2019. I know we want something sooner, but I think the scenario I just laid out is our best chance at ultimately achieving what the Eagle fans are feeling today.

I agree with you guys that he is definitely better then what we have on our roster, I just don't want to waste a draft pick trading for the guy. Buy low, sell high. Back in 2016, it would have been a case of buying low, but his value will never be higher then right now. I say draft our QB, resign McCown for now and make the most out of our draft picks and free agency this year and next. Then, hopefully, we'll have a real shot at contending in 2019. I know we want something sooner, but I think the scenario I just laid out is our best chance at ultimately achieving what the Eagle fans are feeling today.
    That's the whole reason why I'm angry. We had a chance to sign a young QB who if given a chance with a decent scheme, coaching and talent he can produce. He was a text book definition of low risk, potentially high reward. Now, with all this money and obviously a glaring need at QB, the Jets are gonna prob try and blow their load on Cousins and maybe even Foles. I also certainly don't trust them to make the right decision in the draft either because they clearly don't have a clue over there. I'm just waiting to see how this will inevitably blow up in our faces. I just hope we make more right decisions, than wrong this off-season.

What Nick Foles did was amazing. That being said Congrats to the Eagles! I hate the Patriots with a Passion. And my hope for the future is that it's NY JETS GREEN

KC looking to move Peterson per La Canfor

I think we should pounce. Obvious no one wants to overpay for anyone. But it's a position of need and we can afford him. Could really help our defense.it would let us focus even more on offense in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    KC looking to move Peterson per La Canfor

I think we should pounce. Obvious no one wants to overpay for anyone. But it's a position of need and we can afford him. Could really help our defense.it would let us focus even more on offense in the draft.
    Would love to get Peters.

Yes
    Don't know why I wrote Peterson. Marcus Peters would have a great grab.

Miami put franchise tag on Landry. Good I didn't want him anyway.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    Did you stomp your feet and walk angrily to your room, when you said that?

Jakes new Baseball Card

Actually they tagged him so they could trade him. So this might hurt our odds at not getting him.

I mean not really. They'd keep him before trading him to us for anything less then a kings ransom. But he is technically still in play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Yes
    Don't know why I wrote Peterson. Marcus Peters would have a great grab.
    So it looks like Peters is being traded to the Rams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ers-to-la-rams

That would seem to ensure that Trumaine Johnson will be available. I would be happy with him too.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    No I meant that. I really didn't want Landry and I was afraid that if he became a FA that the Jets would try to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    So it looks like Peters is being traded to the Rams.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ers-to-la-rams

That would seem to ensure that Trumaine Johnson will be available. I would be happy with him too.
    I wonder what picks they gave up for Peters though. I would have preferred him. But Trumaine could definitely work too.

Time to cut Dylan Donahue. Anybody stupid and / or arrogant enough to drive past cones into the Holland Tunnel in the wrong direction and cause a head on collision injuring 4 people on a bus going the other way is not the type of player that I want to root for.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast