Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    For ASJ two years for 8m seems fair. In the NFL that means very little it is the guaranteed money that counts. You can offer 20m for 2yrs but if you only guaranteed 4m then the contract is for 4m. I would like more info on the contract that was offered.

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    But are the Jets in a position to do such a thing? And as I have said before on this site, why did Goff and Wentz get better this year as compared to last year when the Rams were 4-12 and the Eagles were 7-9? I think it has more to do with the additions of such players like Andrew Wentworth, Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Alshon Jeffrey, Jay Ajayi, Torrey Smith, along with better coaching than anything else.
    Look, no team wants to trade multiple first rounders, but over the long run, if it works out, it would be well worth it. Would you today, trade three first round picks for Aaron Rogers at 22 years old? Of course you would, because we know what he developed into. The problem is, you better damn be right if you make that kind of move, because if you're not, you will literally be crippling the franchise. BUT, then again, we have not made the playoffs in 7 seasons, so you can argue we've been crippled for years anyway, and that's without making an effort to draft a franchise QB. I know I rambled a bit, but at the end of the day, we need to try doing something different and if they consider any of these QB's as a true franchise guy, then I say go all in and get him!

So after so many busts with second round picks, the Jets finally did OK last year, though most wouldn't have drafted a second safety. Perhaps the curse is over and we will do well with one or both of our second round picks this year. Hopefully, we get a QB with the first round pick and a couple of solid second round picks (perhaps one of them can be a stud running back in a running back rich draft).

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Seriously, every important call goes to the Pats. No way was that even close to offensive PI on Decker

Jakes new Baseball Card

Foles and Bridgewater may be trade targets after the season

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

One of the big names expected to hit the free-agent market is quarterback Kirk Cousins. As expected as I was told tonight that the Washington Redskins have not given up on re-signing their starting signal caller.

If not the Redskins, look for the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and/or Arizona Cardinals to bid for the services of Cousins.

Should the Browns sign Cousins, the belief is that they would not use the first pick of the draft on a quarterback, as they’d go a different route and select Penn State running back Saquon Barkley.

The Jets have been a quarterback-hungry franchise for a while but may be locked out of the top three quarterbacks with the sixth selection in the draft. Cousins would be the immediate remedy, and they could still keep one of their young passers around, likely Bryce Petty.

When the name of Christian Hackenberg was brought up in conversation tonight the response was, “Stick a fork in him -- he’s done.”

People inside the organization and even some teammates feel Hackenberg does not have a future with the team and don’t believe he will be with the franchise much longer -- though it may not be the Jets who cut him.

One possibility has the Jets trading Hackenberg for a conditional late-round pick rather than going through the embarrassment of releasing their 2016 second-round selection.
    http://draftanalyst.com/shrine-game-monday-night-notes

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

If the Jets could get a late round pick for Hackysack, they should run and get it.

Denver looking to cut salary. Maybe to make a run at Cousins, I hope. Want to trade Aquib Salib. He's an All-Pro cornerback, but he's expense at $11 million. Denver looking for a conditional second or a third, but might have to cut him, because at that salary, there might be no takers. Would you offer a 4th round pick for him and potentially solve a CB issue and give Denver more money?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Denver looking to cut salary. Maybe to make a run at Cousins, I hope. Want to trade Aquib Salib. He's an All-Pro cornerback, but he's expense at $11 million. Denver looking for a conditional second or a third, but might have to cut him, because at that salary, there might be no takers. Would you offer a 4th round pick for him and potentially solve a CB issue and give Denver more money?
    He's 31. I wouldn't trade for him but I would sign him short term if he wanted to play here. 2 year deal with one guaranteed? 11 mil is a good deal for him. Get him and resign Claiborn? Skrine becomes your nickel. Not a bad group of DBs.
    I am still curious how Clark and Jones progress. Clark is a big CB at 6'3" 220. Those two were draft and stash picks. I hope they push for a spot next season.

Jakes new Baseball Card

Cut Skrine.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Cut Skrine.
    Doubt Mac does that. He's our best corner which isn't saying much

I just wanna know when we're gonna start being competitive

The Jets need to cut Anderson and draft a WR. He is clearly a stupid, ****ing idiot, and it doesn't appear that is going to change any time soon.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/19/jets-s...florida-again/

No reason to wait this out. Just need to focus on finding a replacement who won't be suspended for some portion of every season.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    The Jets need to cut Anderson and draft a WR. He is clearly a stupid, ****ing idiot, and it doesn't appear that is going to change any time soon.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/19/jets-s...florida-again/

No reason to wait this out. Just need to focus on finding a replacement who won't be suspended for some portion of every season.
    Nah. I would hold onto him If we cut him he will be on the Pats next year. I agree he's a knucklehead but he's too good to give up on so quickly

Jakes new Baseball Card

It would be a mistake to cut him. He has a lot of ability and is costing very little to keep him. This seems to be a maturity problem that he will hopefully outgrow. The Jets need to add a WR to their list of positions to improve this off season however because they can't count on him for much this season.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast