Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Are you implying Henderson was a power hitter?
    Henderson hit for power.

I like acquisition of Solarte it gives a switch hitting multi position player who I think is a much better option than Barney and Goins. I loved GoGo's defense but I'm ok with having Solarte and Diaz as upgraded depth. Still think this team needs to look toward someone with speed where right now our throttle looks be set on turtle..
    [CENTER]Maple Leafs/Blue Jays/Raptors/49ers

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Henderson hit for power.
    He had some pop but not 40 HR capability. Not even close.

Good luck getting a guy that can hit 40 and bat .300

actually RJ, when he was an old man, with the mets I once witnessed him hit 23 of 25 pitches out of the park during batting practice before a game against the cardinals. Yes I know it was batting practice, but the guy was going on 41 at the time and even the cardinal players were cheering him on. he had more power than you might think

Heh I remember watching Henderson in his prime, he definitely had power. He would never hit 40 homers cause that's just not the type of hitter he was. In other words, he wasn't one of those guys who tried to hit the ball into orbit with every swing.

Despite all that, and without looking it up, he still hit 25-30 home runs what... Twice? Maybe even 3 times? Obviously that's not his game, as evident by his 4 million stolen bases.... But the guy did have a lot more power than people realize.

Rickey does hold the record for most lead off dingers. I spent a good chunk of my child hood watching Those A’s teams, as a kid I was such a hard core Oakland team.

Early on but Solarte trade is certainly looking good. He hit 18-64 last year, at Rogers he could hit 20-75 here. That is good production from the 2b position. He should be everyday 2b instead of Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Early on but Solarte trade is certainly looking good. He hit 18-64 last year, at Rogers he could hit 20-75 here. That is good production from the 2b position. He should be everyday 2b instead of Travis
    Travis had a **** April last year then went on an absolute tear in May before getting hurt. I want to give Travis some time. With that being said, if there’s any sort of injury that arises then Solarte is our everyday 2B moving forward.

Depending on Morales turning it around... I am leaning toward Travis being our full-time DH. I have much more optimising in Travis hitting than Morales. Put solarte at 2b.

Why would you not just leave travis in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Why would you not just leave travis in the field?
    the goal would be to get Travis everyday at bats and mitigate the potential injury risks of him playing every day, as well as getting Solarte in the lineup everyday. That post was made before Donaldson went on the DL though. As long as Donaldson is out there is no issue getting Travis/Solarte and Morales into the lineup.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456