Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which of the remaining players is the best?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • LeBron James

10 47.62%
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

3 14.29%
  • Wilt Chamberlain

0 0%
  • Shaquille O'Neal

3 14.29%
  • Tim Duncan

0 0%
  • Magic Johnson

3 14.29%
  • Larry Bird

0 0%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

0 0%
  • Another player (please specify)

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Not seeing why Bron is this perfect selection when he lacks a perfect season. He's never had that truly indomitable season ffs. He's got the Kobe longevity argument on steroids but he's no apex predator imo

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Not seeing why Bron is this perfect selection when he lacks a perfect season. He's never had that truly indomitable season ffs. He's got the Kobe longevity argument on steroids but he's no apex predator imo
    Well first of all I am not sure that we are judging just one season of play here but overall ability of a player and who you would take.

I will focus on Shaq since you think he or Wilt should be going here. I am not sure but will use 2000 as a basic look at their best statistical years for basics https://www.basketball-reference.com...alsh01&y2=2000

Now Lebron had MVP, FMVP that season just like Shaq did and he clearly matches up statistically. It is the same post season where Bird made that comment about Lebrons run I believe. Game 6 vs. Boston was the epic individual moment even if was are talking about including single moments to the single season. Even if we were saying you have to pick one defining season and match it up (whether accolades, stats, visual impact, key moments etc) he would have a case. If we narrow it down further than just one season to judge best and look at say a finals performance (or best key series since SA for LA) I think 2016 does him more favors than Shaq with those final 5 games/ending.

I mean I already stated I think Shaq is in this tier don't get me wrong but what is the big argument for him over Lebron that is so obvious? Right now I see it as two very dominant players who each have arguments depending on what you value.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz:32083374
    2013????????

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    2013????????
    Yea was going to say this. MVP, championship, Finals MVP, and even shot like 41% from 3.

I know everyone is impressed with current LeBron and skill wise he may be better but 2013 LeBron is easily the best LeBron we've ever seen.
    Don’t forget to smile today, they’re contagious!!!

To add to the idea of not having a "dominant" year, outside 2013, in 2009 he had one of the most dominant years in NBA history by every measure except team success (and as his stats indicate, that certainly wasn't his fault).

Bron posted 28 PPG, 7 APG, 7 RPG, 1.7 SPG on a ridiculous 31.7 PER, .318 WS/48 and 11.6 VORP in the regular season as the Cavs won 66 games.

In the playoffs the Cavs swept the Pistons and Hawks with LeBron averaging over 32 PPG in both series. The Cavs lost in the ECF to the red hot Magic 2-4, but in that series Bron put up:

38.5 PPG, 8 APG, 8 RPG on a .59 TS%.

For the playoffs he put up 35 PPG, 9 RPG, 7 APG on an absurd 37.4 PER, .399 WS/48 and a 18.2 BPM. Statistically, Shaq never had an individual postseason that was even close to that year from LeBron.

I think it's safe to assume if Bron had anyone even close to Kobe's caliber the Cavs would have beaten the Magic that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Kerr didn't say that. He's ignoring the context and making a sweeping generalization. In other words, lolplz gon lolplz.
    He didn't say it verbatim but it's basically what he said.

He was asked about the best ever iirc and he said something like - I don't know how you would measure that, but I've played around a lot of guys and I've never seen anyone impact the game like curry before. If that's your barometer he's #1

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    **** what Kerr said. Outside of delusional GS fans, people would rather face Curry over Jordan in a NBA finals and that's that. There are 2 sides to Basketball, Jordan is miles ahead in that department too.
    Jordan would lock Curry the **** down.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Jordan would lock Curry the **** down.
    Thank you. That **** would be hilarious.

I'm about to go the **** off if y'all keep talking this ******** about Curry. I'm too drunk for this!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I'm about to go the **** off if y'all keep talking this ******** about Curry. I'm too drunk for this!
    How did his 45 in 3 quarters make you feel tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    How did his 45 in 3 quarters make you feel tonight?
    I was pissed he didn't play in the 4th because I wanted to see 60

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I was pissed he didn't play in the 4th because I wanted to see 60
    Unfortunately Curry crushes competition too easily to post 60+.

Giannis. And I'm not joking

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    To add to the idea of not having a "dominant" year, outside 2013, in 2009 he had one of the most dominant years in NBA history by every measure except team success (and as his stats indicate, that certainly wasn't his fault).

Bron posted 28 PPG, 7 APG, 7 RPG, 1.7 SPG on a ridiculous 31.7 PER, .318 WS/48 and 11.6 VORP in the regular season as the Cavs won 66 games.

In the playoffs the Cavs swept the Pistons and Hawks with LeBron averaging over 32 PPG in both series. The Cavs lost in the ECF to the red hot Magic 2-4, but in that series Bron put up:

38.5 PPG, 8 APG, 8 RPG on a .59 TS%.

For the playoffs he put up 35 PPG, 9 RPG, 7 APG on an absurd 37.4 PER, .399 WS/48 and a 18.2 BPM. Statistically, Shaq never had an individual postseason that was even close to that year from LeBron.

I think it's safe to assume if Bron had anyone even close to Kobe's caliber the Cavs would have beaten the Magic that year.
    Yeah Chronz WTF? Dude has like 4-5 perfect years.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    LBJ would have a great argument for this spot but if we’re drafting? I’ll take the most dominant and unstoppable player of all time 01 Shaq Daddy.
    I would take Shaq over everyone in any league outside of the current one and it wouldnt be close...... Id take shaq Over Jordan in prime mode and Lebron but this Era might actually limit would Shaq could do... Lebron and Jordan could play in any era where is SHAQ could play in any era up until this past 5 years or so... The game is just way to fast and reliant on a center and players who space the floor.... SHAQ would still be damn good but his impact in todays game wouldnt be the same as what it was during his prime.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast