Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wow Mark Davis going all in. Don't think it will blow up in our face but expectations will be huge

Why not? They are moving to vegas.... This is a huge name and paying coaches doesnt count against any cap... Isnt this something Washington use to do a ton? Not this exact thing of course but paying their coaches big time bucks across the board? New cultural with an extremely loyal fanbase and a brand new area.... smart get.... If it blows up in their face ya just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Why not? They are moving to vegas.... This is a huge name and paying coaches doesnt count against any cap... Isnt this something Washington use to do a ton? Not this exact thing of course but paying their coaches big time bucks across the board? New cultural with an extremely loyal fanbase and a brand new area.... smart get.... If it blows up in their face ya just move on.
    Yea that's what it seems like. The fascination for the Jon "Chucky" Gruden is huge from Raiders fans and Mark knows this. I still think he could help Carr a lot and bring excitement back to the team

What the **** that contract is absolutely insane

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Nice move for Gruden even if it doesn't work out.

10/100 for Gruden?

Screw sabermetics.

Damn!!! Him and his agent milked the Raiders and how badly they wanted him.

I'm interested to see how he adjusts as the game has somewhat evolved. He does have clout and does command respect from what he did in the past so guys should listen and buy in early on. You just hope he doesn't lose the locker room with his chucky face and tantrums by halfway through the contract. That's going to be a lot of dead money if he gets canned with even 2 years left. Some newbie coaches don't even get 20 million as a 4-5 year package lolol.

Agree with the person who said coaches don't count against the salary cap. If I were Jerry Jones I would pay Sean McVay 25 million a year to replace Jason F'n Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Agree with the person who said coaches don't count against the salary cap. If I were Jerry Jones I would pay Sean McVay 25 million a year to replace Jason F'n Garrett
    Not saying McVays won't continue his success, but let's give it more time. there have been many first year coaches that came out swinging and fizzled. Chip Kelly for example, but college gimmick offenses rarely translate to the nfl level, and McVay is coming froma pro background. We will see, I'd take a chance on McVay too.

Raiders Sign Gruden to 10/$100mil Deal

Nice

"Killer Instinct"

Could be worse. Could be 10 years of Vance Joseph...

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Still holding a grudge over SBXV? Let it go man.

No I think only Raider fans still hold up 83 as something to brag about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

I know I'm a little bit late to the party, but WOW.
    Thats a big time investment for a guy who hasn't coached in nearly a decade.
    I like Gruden and I hope he does well, but I won't be surprised if it doesnt.

I don't blame the Raiders. $10 million a year for a decade is about right for Bill Belichick, who's an all-time great. Wait, what? It's Jon Gruden that got that deal? And Belichick isn't really leaving NE? Never mind.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 01-09-2018 at 01:56 PM.

it's not like his salary counts against the cap.

don't really understand the nonsense "this is an overpay" crowd
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast