Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Curry legit got shaq like dominance! lmao

Hes the exact oppsite of Shaq. He draws defenders away from the basket the way Shaq drew them in. At an absurd rate
    It is crazy. I've heard a lot of conversation surrounding Curry's 'gravity'. I think that is the best for for it.

This video displays it as best as I can imagine.
    https://gfycat.com/UnlinedWhisperedA...diseflycatcher

This is an example. This doesn't happen every play. It is in part, bad defense and bad communication on the opposing team's part; however, Curry is so good that he creates these kinds of mistakes. He doesn't simply benefit from the mistakes; he generates them.

Kerr said it best here:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Kerr
    I think Steph is at his absolute peak right now, physically and emotionally. This is probably as good as he's ever going to be. I think he's better now than he was last year or the year before. And that's saying something.

He is the most impactful offensive player, in terms of what he does to the defense, maybe ever. There's guys, obviously Michael Jordan impacted things, but the way Steph plays puts the fear of God into defenses like no one I've ever seen. Nobody has been able to shoot off the dribble from 35 feet in a normal setting. But he does that, which changes the entire game. So everything we do revolves around Steph.

You can talk about where he stands in terms of the best players in the league. He's obviously one of the best, by that standard he's the best. If you want to just say: ‘Who affects the game the most offensively?' Steph is the best player in the NBA. But there's different ways of measuring that stuff. From a two-way standpoint, if you like the two-way guys, maybe it's Kawhi Leonard or (Kevin Durant) or LeBron because they're bigger or stronger and can protect the rim.
    This is coming from a guy who has KD and Klay on his team, and who has played with Duncan and Jordan, and against Shaq.

Shaq would have been AMAZING in a generation where so many guys can shoot .400 from the arc. His beast most in the paint would have opened things up for them, and his passing ability in the LAL onward part of his career would have utlilized the with amazing efficiency. The same could be said of Hakeem (I mean, look at what he did with guys shooting between .300-.350 from the arc).

But the fact that Curry does this in reverse? Pulling them to the perimiter with his 'gravity'? It is just insane.

I would have been curious to see Shaq and Curry on the same team... or if the Warriors has a slasher that cut the basket off the ball to get some crazy ally-oops, like maybe Griffin (though it'd work better with a guy who shoots the 3-ball well).

Great post. nastynice.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Not to stir up the pot or anything but isn't cp3 too high on most these lists? You give curry 2 stars and he turns them into a dynasty you give chris paul 2 stars and they struggle to make it past the 2nd round, somethin about himm that just screams overrated to me, well it did happen in LA, he was on the big stage and lots of people over rated him because of it. People don't even take into account all the rest he gets, of course he's going to have better numbers if he's resting 30 percent of the time, lol. my 2 cents.

IMO nash isn't getting much love, he turned PHX into one of the best offensive teams this league has ever seen and is a 2 time mvp and one of the most efficient player to ever shoot the ball. He could of easily avg over 25 ppg and shoot over 50percent from anywhere on the floor but thats the good thing, he actually liked passing the ball lol.

Just a utter joke that cp3 is ahead of steve nash on every list, i'm about to vomit lol.
    Last edited by Legitimate; 01-05-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    Not to stir up the pot or anything but isn't cp3 too high on most these lists? You give curry 2 stars and he turns them into a dynasty you give chris paul 2 stars and they struggle to make it past the 2nd round, somethin about himm that just screams overrated to me, well it did happen in LA, he was on the big stage and lots of people over rated him because of it.

IMO nash isn't getting much love, he turned PHX into one of the best offensive teams this league has ever seen and is a 2 time mvp and one of the most efficient player to ever shoot the ball. He could of easily avg over 25 ppg and shoot over 50percent from anywhere on the floor but thats the good thing, he actually liked passing the ball lol.
    The stars cp3 played with were more suited for generations past. Griffin has a shaky jumper, and DJ has no jumper. In an era of stretch bigs and high volume shooting from distance it is a big draw back. OTOH, both guys are good rolling to the basket, as it is also a PNR league now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    The stars cp3 played with were more suited for generations past. Griffin has a shaky jumper, and DJ has no jumper. In an era of stretch bigs and high volume shooting from distance it is a big draw back. OTOH, both guys are good rolling to the basket, as it is also a PNR league now too.
    Ok i'll take another jab, since you bit :P. If you wanna make excuses to what cp3 would of did with big men who can shoot (opposed to what he had with LA clips). Then I'm going to make a case with Steve Nash of what he would of did if he was on the current houston team. Steve would be god like in that offense, everything he touched including the ball would turn into gold, and most importantly he wouldn't make excuses he would just lead them to the finals, and harden would of been his side kick lol. So then why is cp3 ahead of steve nash, when nash actually produced in the playoffs and was actually clutch(which is seriiously overlooked by most posters in this). My 2 cents.

Don't get me wrong, i really think cp3 is a really good pg and one of the best in a pg heavy league. but to have him ranked top 3 on every damn list in here? man somethings gots to give lol. I wouldn't even have him ahead of jason kidd or curry till he actually does something inthe playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Legitimate View Post
    Ok i'll take another jab, since you bit :P. If you wanna make excuses to what cp3 would of did with big men who can shoot (opposed to what he had with LA clips). Then I'm going to make a case with Steve Nash of what he would of did if he was on the current houston team. Steve would be god like in that offense, everything he touched including the ball would turn into gold, and most importantly he wouldn't make excuses he would just lead them to the finals, and harden would of been his side kick lol. So then why is cp3 ahead of steve nash, when nash actually produced in the playoffs and was actually clutch(which is seriiously overlooked by most posters in this). My 2 cents.

Don't get me wrong, i really think cp3 is a really good pg and one of the best in a pg heavy league. but to have him ranked top 3 on every damn list in here? man somethings gots to give lol. I wouldn't even have him ahead of jason kidd or curry till he actually does something inthe playoffs.
    That is fair. Playoff success does matter, but when you look at his numbers and percentages he is one of the rare guards and wings that actually maintains his efficiency in the playoffs. I do not have a problem with anyone knocking cp3 down a bit due to playoff success. He did play his part in the OKC choke. I think it is fair to say even with the steady playoff numbers cp3 needs to take his team to another level, to cement his status as a top 3-5 goat PG. Even without it though, there will always be people who support his advanced numbers both regular season and playoffs. I respect both sides of the argument. This coming from a big cp3 fan.

On a side note, when I address most these lists, why is it people insert - best new pg in the new era on top of every list, seems a bit homerish to me , as if you don't know your basketball. You can't take away what players in the past have done just because they wouldn't be good in this era and also vice versa! too many new age cats on this forum i'm about to bounce, lol. anywho good morning all....

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee:32079898
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    1. Lonzo
    2. Lamelo
    3. Liangelo
    4. Chalmers
    5. Mike James
    5-tied. Lavar
    Which one? Obviously they're both contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Great post. I value longevity more than most but this is a pretty compelling argument. Maybe I should move Paul up on my list.
    It's all a matter of perspective. Would Stockton have had the same longevity or success if he had to carry Paul's load? Would Paul have more longevity if he never had to be the best player on his own team?
    Call me an optimist but I am hoping Paul will still build on his resume and longevity in Houston.

People forget Karl Malone was consistently plugging out 30ppg seasons and 82 games like clockwork. It was insane. So Stockton played the prototypical pg role perfectly. The most interesting thing is if guys like Stockton or Mark Price were in the NBA now coaches would have them bombing 6s per game instead of 2.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Y'all are smoking that good crack, CP3 over Steph Curry?

Steph Curry revolutionized basketball, won 2 MVPs, most important player on a 73 win team, won a ring against LeBron James, there's not a single season Chris Paul has had that comes close to the 15-16 season Curry put together.

Paul is and always has been the most overrated player on this board.

I still can't believe this

You mean to tell me if both players retired today CP3 would be ranked higher all-time?

Paul has played 930 career games including playoffs. Curry has 675. That's basically only THREE seasons.

What is the argument over Curry?

2x MVP
    Best player on a 73 win team
    2x NBA champion against a top 2 player all-time
    Best shooter of all-time
    2015-2016 absolutely crazy regular season, most of us thought someone has finally surpassed LeBron James as the best player (even though in the end that wasn't the case)

Not even a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    I still can't believe this

You mean to tell me if both players retired today CP3 would be ranked higher all-time?

Paul has played 930 career games including playoffs. Curry has 675. That's basically only THREE seasons.

What is the argument over Curry?

2x MVP
    Best player on a 73 win team
    2x NBA champion against a top 2 player all-time
    Best shooter of all-time
    2015-2016 absolutely crazy regular season, most of us thought someone has finally surpassed LeBron James as the best player (even though in the end that wasn't the case)

Not even a debate.
    Chris Paul was better every season from when he entered the league until about 4 seasons ago (2014). So this is just the 4th season we are seeing a better version of Curry than CP3 in the NBA. Considering it is CP3's like 12th season that means something. He has played about 30k minutes to 20k for Curry. His advanced stats are very arguably better both RS and post season still on top of the longevity as well ( he leads PER, WS/48, BPM for career in both RS and post season. More efficient, more apg, better defender but yes Curry has the edge scoring wise for sure.

Curry will get there but CP3 has a pretty solid argument on taking him still imo. The top end for Curry (last 3 seasons) are definitely where he starts to make his case and has the edge over anything Paul has done.

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    Y'all are smoking that good crack, CP3 over Steph Curry?

Steph Curry revolutionized basketball, won 2 MVPs, most important player on a 73 win team, won a ring against LeBron James, there's not a single season Chris Paul has had that comes close to the 15-16 season Curry put together.

Paul is and always has been the most overrated player on this board.
    In an all-time discussion, you have to take overall accolades and longevity into account. Peak Curry is unquestionably better than peak Paul, but his peak has not lasted very long. This is only his fifth year of All-NBA caliber production and only his third year averaging 25+ points per game. Paul has been putting up All-NBA level production for almost a decade and has basically been at least a 17/11/4/2 guy for 12 consecutive seasons, which is ridiculous.

Also, I don't necessarily think you can just give Steph a huge edge in postseason resume. Yes, he has the two rings and Paul hasn't played in the conference finals, but Paul's postseason numbers are actually much better than Steph's, Steph has obviously played on superior teams and Steph hasn't exactly stepped up huge in the postseason, with no Finals MVPs despite the two rings.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

You know the guy almost averaged a triple double in the finals last year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You know the guy almost averaged a triple double in the finals last year, right?
    Last postseason was easily the best of Curry's career and the only year where he didn't see a steep decline from his regular season production. If he keeps that up, he'll absolutely lose any narrative that he struggles at times in the playoffs. And while he was excellent in the Finals, he was clearly the third best guy on the floor behind Lebron and Durant, which didn't do him any favors.

Over time, another thing that will be interesting to watch and could have a huge impact on where Curry falls in any all-time discussion will be Durant's effect. If Durant is the No. 1 guy on this team moving forward and Curry becomes like a super No. 2 in the same way Wade did in Miami, that will definitely hurt his legacy. Curry was on pace to be an all-time top 10 guy before Durant came along, but I'm not so sure he is anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    Just trust me, Hou wont make it all the way to the WCF 😉
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Houston may make the WCF again, but barring injuries they are no longer a serious threat this year imo.

Magic
    Paul
    Oscar
    Steph
    Stockton

It really is a shame this is the first time we've seen Paul play with elite talent. Because if he had better teams and players around him, this is a guy who could have possibly surpassed Magic. He's as perfect as a PG as you can get. Fantastic defensively, great shooter, good finisher, elite playmaker, solid defensively. He really doesn't have a flaw besides the fact that before this year he spent 6 years with David West as his 2nd best player and then another 6 with the limited DeAndre Jordan and the always injured Blake Griffin. Probably has another 2-4 seasons of playing at an All-Star/All-NBA level.

Steph will no doubt move into the top 2. While I think Paul's peak gets underrated (his 2007-2009 he was probably the 2nd best player in the league and would have been the best if LeBron hadn't been utterly ridiculous at that time), Steph still has the better peak. Just need to see a bit more of longevity from him.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Players who've actually played the PG position for the majority of their careers...
    LeBron has been his team's floor general all but one of his seasons in the NBA, so I'm counting him. Deal with it

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast