1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors

1 100.00%
  • Rockets

0 0%
  • Rockets + refs

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation The Rivalry!!! Game 39: Warriors (30-8) @ Rockets (27-9)

VS

Thursday, January 4, 2018

5:00 PM Pacific Time

Toyota Center, Houston, TX

PROJECTED LINEUPS

The Dubs

PTS/G: 115.4 (1st of 30) - Opp PTS/G: 105.8 (15th of 30)
    SRS: 9.25 (1st of 30)

Warriors regular season home record: 15-5
    Warriors regular season away record: 15-3

Rockets

Paul
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela

PTS/G: 115.2 (2nd of 30) - Opp PTS/G: 106.6 (20th of 30)
    SRS: 8.09 (2nd of 30)

Rockets regular season away record: 13-4
    Rockets regular season home record: 14-5

Injury Update

Rockets: James Harden (Hamstring, out), Luc Mbah a Moute (Shoulder, out), Troy Williams (Knee, GTD)

Warriors: Kevin Durant (Calf, out), Iggy (Knee, out), Omri Casspi (Ribs, out), Mookie Blaylock (left calf strain, questionable), Chris Boucher (Knee, out)

lol, please' Key Matchups:

Klay vs Paul
    mightybosstone vs nastynice

Thread goal: 100.0 posts

#FULLSQUAD
    Last edited by lol, please; 01-04-2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Durant is out

Must win game. No other way to slice it.

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Must win game. No other way to slice it.
    You and I have very, very, very different opinions of "must-win" game. A regular season game the first week of January in which both teams are missing top 5 players and which has pretty much no bearing on anything is about as far from "must-win" as you can possibly get.

In a related note, Durant is out.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    You and I have very, very, very different opinions of "must-win" game. A regular season game the first week of January in which both teams are missing top 5 players and which has pretty much no bearing on anything is about as far from "must-win" as you can possibly get.

In a related note, Durant is out.
    haha it's actually an inside joke with the warriors forum, the must win game thing.

Sad about Durant, but with Harden and Luc out too, no excuses on either side this time MBT.

isnt durants calf the same BS injury that kept him out for a huge chunk of the playoffs last year..... it seemed to really come out of nowhere that time as well. Im wondering if it is just code to rest him

I think the warriors are basically sitting durant just to say F U to the league for scheduling the telavised game on the back end of a back to back

Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    haha it's actually an inside joke with the warriors forum, the must win game thing.

Sad about Durant, but with Harden and Luc out too, no excuses on either side this time MBT.
    The Rockets will be missing three key pieces of their 9-man rotation. They're thin to say the least. Gerald Green (who was added off the street a week ago) was their leading scorer last night, and Tarik Black and Briante freaking Weber will be getting big minutes tonight. So there's plenty of excuses to go around with this Rockets team right now. Until we see these two teams at full health, it's impossible to really draw any real conclusions from a game between them.

The last time these two teams were at full health, the Rockets won. That being said, nobody (myself included) would pick Houston to beat Golden State in a 7-game playoff series right now.

The Rockets will be missing three key pieces of their 9-man rotation. They're thin to say the least. Gerald Green (who was added off the street a week ago) was their leading scorer last night, and Tarik Black and Briante freaking Weber will be getting big minutes tonight. So there's plenty of excuses to go around with this Rockets team right now. Until we see these two teams at full health, it's impossible to really draw any real conclusions from a game between them.

The last time these two teams were at full health, the Rockets won. That being said, nobody (myself included) would pick Houston to beat Golden State in a 7-game playoff series right now.
    I kind of wish the Warriors didn't let Weber go. The Warriors don't have any ultra quick defensive minded guards.

For whatever reason the Warriors start the season really slow and this year in particular where training camp had supposedly 3 total home practices with their trip to China so they were a mess to start the season. They lost 3 of the first 7 games then 3 of the next 25. I really think Kerr is more focused on rest than winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I kind of wish the Warriors didn't let Weber go. The Warriors don't have any ultra quick defensive minded guards.
    I like Weber, but the guy is absolutely terrified to shoot, which makes him a poor fit in Houston. If he could consistently shoot and make 3-point shots, or he was a little more aggressive driving to the basket, he'd be a solid bench guard to have and a useful rotational piece for D'Antoni.

For whatever reason the Warriors start the season really slow and this year in particular where training camp had supposedly 3 total home practices with their trip to China so they were a mess to start the season. They lost 3 of the first 7 games then 3 of the next 25. I really think Kerr is more focused on rest than winning.
    Yeah, I was just saying in the other thread that it's a bummer we won't likely get to see these two teams play each other healthy again in the regular season, but opening night isn't exactly a great barometer of regular season performance either. I wish we had at least one game together in February or March when both teams were healthy and hitting their strides.

If they make it to the conference finals, that may be the first time we get to really see these two teams face off.

I like Weber, but the guy is absolutely terrified to shoot, which makes him a poor fit in Houston. If he could consistently shoot and make 3-point shots, or he was a little more aggressive driving to the basket, he'd be a solid bench guard to have and a useful rotational piece for D'Antoni.

Yeah, I was just saying in the other thread that it's a bummer we won't likely get to see these two teams play each other healthy again in the regular season, but opening night isn't exactly a great barometer of regular season performance either. I wish we had at least one game together in February or March when both teams were healthy and hitting their strides.

If they make it to the conference finals, that may be the first time we get to really see these two teams face off.
    I think this would be a really fun series for a conference finals.... but houstons gotta take care of san antonio in the second round. As a warriors fan- I was rooting for you guys last year too

not that it makes any difference because the warriors are the worst team in basketball to try to predict a game based on the vegas spread- but warriors are favored by 4. I think warriors were favored by 9 on the season opener though.... so who knows

Need the Splash Bros to have good games today. Have a feeling Paul is going to go off, seems to always have good games against the Warriors.

Bell.

Houston getting all the calls early.

Klay cold, Curry warm, close game nonetheless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast