Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I really don't understand why people crap on Carlo so much, I really don't. Big Z was a dumpster fire his first few years (-34 over the same GP as Carlo whose a +19) and the Islanders gave up on him...didn't turn out to for them did it. Defense is the hardest position to learn at the NHL level and when your as big as guys like Z & Carlo, it takes time to get your timing/coordination down.

It just amazes me how last year all the Carlo talk was "I wound't include him in a deal to COL" now people want to trade him for anything just to get rid of him. Looks like when Rask calls it a career, Carlo will become public enemy #1 of Hackerty and the Pink Hat Army
    I think its just a product of people getting high on him last year and now expectations are high and he's having a slightly less good year/sophmore slump, whatever you want to call it. I certainly wouldn't want to trade him though, future is real bright for this kid. Maybe playing behind McAvoy rattled his confidence a bit, who knows. You're right though, defense is the hardest position to learn and the big guys tent to take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    I think its just a product of people getting high on him last year and now expectations are high and he's having a slightly less good year/sophmore slump, whatever you want to call it. I certainly wouldn't want to trade him though, future is real bright for this kid. Maybe playing behind McAvoy rattled his confidence a bit, who knows. You're right though, defense is the hardest position to learn and the big guys tent to take longer.
    I don't know that playing behind McAvoy rattled him as much as he's had to play a different role this year. Last year he had Big Z on his left and as we all know Big Z is still a solid shutdown guy. Because of this Carlo basically had a safety net defensively. This year w/ Krug, he has to be the safety net and lets be honest, Krug is jumping up on the play every chance he gets. My question would be, is Carlo so concerned with being defensively responsible that he's gripping the stick to tight and not just letting the game come to him?

Even with that though, Carlo's oiSV% is up to 92.2% and last year it was a 90.7% playing w/ Chara. Then you look at his hit/gp which is up from last year, block shots/gp is slightly down (roughly .5 per game), he's already got more takeaway than last year and even his possession numbers have improved (still a negative though).

I'll admit the eye test has been hit or miss for Carlo, but I think so many fans see what McAvoy is doing and hold Carlo to that same standard. The problem is McAvoy is the exceptions not the rule and Carlo plays a completely different style and has a different set of skills. IDK, it's just mind numbing to me that this fanbase as been screaming for young RHD for years and we finally have two amazing pieces to build around and those same fans want to run Carlo out of town.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Wow I feel bad for the Carolina players. The fanbase down there is so bad that they routinely get outnumbered by opposing fans. If I was blind I would have thought Boston was playing a home game. Then the away team gets a hat trick and you have to stop the game for all the hats on the ice.

Move the team, Carolina doesn't deserve a hockey team. Put them in a location where they'll be appreciated.
    "The Next Generation"

Wow I feel bad for the Carolina players. The fanbase down there is so bad that they routinely get outnumbered by opposing fans. If I was blind I would have thought Boston was playing a home game. Then the away team gets a hat trick and you have to stop the game for all the hats on the ice.

Move the team, Carolina doesn't deserve a hockey team. Put them in a location where they'll be appreciated.
    I dont think its as much Raleigh, NC that is the problem as it is the owners. Carolina had the 2nd lowest team cap hit in the NHL for this season. If they would spend money, they could easily be a much better team and attract more fans

From a 2002 to 2014 they averaged roughly 16,500 fans per game. But if the owners dont want to put money in to the team, fans wont put their money in to hurricanes owners pockets.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Bring them back to Hartford as the Whalers? Or move them to Seattle rumor as been going around the NBA may give them another NBA team? So why not.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I dont think its as much Raleigh, NC that is the problem as it is the owners. Carolina had the 2nd lowest team cap hit in the NHL for this season. If they would spend money, they could easily be a much better team and attract more fans

From a 2002 to 2014 they averaged roughly 16,500 fans per game. But if the owners dont want to put money in to the team, fans wont put their money in to hurricanes owners pockets.
    Second in cap, but only 7 point out of a Wild Card spot with 12 games to go. Sorry, but it irritates me to see a fanbase not support their team. The fact that the team is in the playoff hunt and yet they still get outnumbered by other fanbases at home is a joke.

Its not like this team is the cellar dweller like Arizona. They have some good young players and if they keep building around them they'll have a good future very soon.
    "The Next Generation"

Second in cap, but only 7 point out of a Wild Card spot with 12 games to go. Sorry, but it irritates me to see a fanbase not support their team. The fact that the team is in the playoff hunt and yet they still get outnumbered by other fanbases at home is a joke.

Its not like this team is the cellar dweller like Arizona. They have some good young players and if they keep building around them they'll have a good future very soon.

Just another bad market that doesn't care about hockey. Time to go....

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

We should definitely talk about how ridiculous that game was last night though...this team doesn't quit. The character comparisons to the 10-11 team isn't far off.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    We should definitely talk about how ridiculous that game was last night though...this team doesn't quit. The character comparisons to the 10-11 team isn't far off.
    I'll admit I missed the second half of the game after it was 1-0 B's . I thought it was gonna be an easy win.
    Watched the replay of the game was like WTH LOL. BTW I heard we had three players who got injured but I don't know who though.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I'll admit I missed the second half of the game after it was 1-0 B's . I thought it was gonna be an easy win.
    Watched the replay of the game was like WTH LOL. BTW I heard we had three players who got injured but I don't know who though.
    Krug, Chara and DeBrusk all left and did no return. Not sure on the severity of their injuries. Has it been reported anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    Having Bergeron, Marchand, Chara and Krejci helps a lot- add in Backes to that mix even though he wasn't on that team. They all play the game with a very high compete level and that becomes contagious. Not to take anything away from the young guys, because they are character guys too, but I really think the leadership is as strong this time around as it was in 10-11.

Bruins Game Day Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by general_tso View Post
    Krug, Chara and DeBrusk all left and did no return. Not sure on the severity of their injuries. Has it been reported anywhere?
    I havenít seen any updates yet, but they didnít make a call up before flying to Florida which means they think at least one of Chara or Krug will be able to go tonight

UPDATE: Anton Blidh and Oul Postma were recalled on an emergency basis, so it looks like most, if not all 3 of them will be out tonight
    Last edited by tomsa592; 03-15-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    I havenít seen any updates yet, but they didnít make a call up before flying to Florida which means they think at least one of Chara or Krug will be able to go tonight

UPDATE: Anton Blidh and Oul Postma were recalled on an emergency basis, so it looks like most, if not all 3 of them will be out tonight
    Not that you want to see injuries, but I'm a big Anton Blidh fan. The kid brings some chippiness to the game and I think is someone who could be a great energy line guy
    "The Next Generation"

Unless the Bruins would prefer the LHD/LW in the lineup with JDB coming out, I don't see Blidh getting in there with Wingels here. Blidh seems to be recalled as the extra forward. They could always slot Schaller up to the 3rd line LW and then put Blidh on the 4th line LW but I think they just insert Wingels.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Unless the Bruins would prefer the LHD/LW in the lineup with JDB coming out, I don't see Blidh getting in there with Wingels here. Blidh seems to be recalled as the extra forward. They could always slot Schaller up to the 3rd line LW and then put Blidh on the 4th line LW but I think they just insert Wingels.
    I don't imagine he slots in either, just nice that he got the call. My guess:

Marchand - Nash - Pastrnak
    Nash - Krejci - Backes
    Heinen - Wingles - Gionta
    Schaller - Kuraly - Acciari

I could also see something like....

Marchand - Nash - Pastrnak
    Heinen - Krejci - Nash
    Wingles - Backes - Gionta
    Schaller - Kuraly - Acciari

Blidh plays both LW/RW so maybe if a guy needs a rest he could slot in, but I imagine he doesn't see the ice before being sent back down. Same goes for Postma.
    "The Next Generation"

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast