Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Bruins Game Day Discussion Thread

**NOTE**

I've changed the title of the thread as this now will be the GDT for the remainder of the regular season. If we had more activity then we could do monthly threads (and if I could remember), but we've barley got 5 pages in two months lol.
    Last edited by OneManIsNoMan; 03-12-2018 at 07:51 AM.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Tough loss last night, but the team was resilient. To get a point was a huge plus. Rask was inconsistent. He should have had about of those 2-3 goals but he kept them in it with some other huge saves. Just a weird night from him.

Now the break and then MTL.

"Elite" is just another way to spell "Brad Marchand"

Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Tough loss last night, but the team was resilient. To get a point was a huge plus. Rask was inconsistent. He should have had about of those 2-3 goals but he kept them in it with some other huge saves. Just a weird night from him.

Now the break and then MTL.
    Tuukka was outstanding in the 3rd. But he was terrible in the first. We were due for a bad defensive game tbh... keeps us honest and not complacent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

I'll be honest, I think that may have been Rask's worse game of the year. He just seemed to fight the puck all night and was struggling to make clean saves. I had him with 3 goals that he should have saved, but then I also had 2-3 that we're spectacular saves keeping us in the game. It was def a weird night for him, but to see this team put up 5 goals on the 2nd of a back to back is impressive. BTW anyone notice the teams we've faced on the B2B's?

PIT and WSH (x2). IDK who makes our schedule but that doesn't seem to smart lol.
    "The Next Generation"

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I'll be honest, I think that may have been Rask's worse game of the year. He just seemed to fight the puck all night and was struggling to make clean saves. I had him with 3 goals that he should have saved, but then I also had 2-3 that we're spectacular saves keeping us in the game. It was def a weird night for him, but to see this team put up 5 goals on the 2nd of a back to back is impressive. BTW anyone notice the teams we've faced on the B2B's?

PIT and WSH (x2). IDK who makes our schedule but that doesn't seem to smart lol.
    I was expecting one of these stinkers from Rask, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Sometimes, you will have these games against a very fiery offensive team. I expect him to rebound in the next game.

Haters gonna hate

Not a good game for Rask or the defense. Pittsburgh seemed to dominate the offensive zone for long stretches of the game. Second night of a back-to-back and the team has been rolling. Still managed to pull out a point and the offense has been on fire. Nice little break here, get in some practices and rest.

Bruins are tied for lead amount of games played so far, so after the break they will have one of the most condensed schedules out of any team. Need to get guys rested and make sure the young guys dont hit a wall.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I was expecting one of these stinkers from Rask, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Sometimes, you will have these games against a very fiery offensive team. I expect him to rebound in the next game.
    Ya, I mean with how he had been playing you had to figure that one of these games was coming. No goalie in the NHL is immune to having a terrible game and I think that's what "pink hats" on social media don't realize. I actually looked up some of the goalies that are playing well or the "pink hats" drool over and found this...

Games w/ 5+ Goals Against
    Bobrovsky - 4
    Vasilesvskiy - 3
    Price - 3
    Jones - 1
    Crawford - 1
    Quick - 1

Rask gave up 5+ for the first time this season last night and some "fans" already are jumping all over him.
    "The Next Generation"

slew of updates on the first post.

Its been awful quite in here recently lol
    "The Next Generation"

Great win against the Habs last night. I get they're not good but it still feels awesome when the B's beat them. They are an absolute mess. For one, they're lucky the score wasn't 6/7-1 at the end. Bruins hit quite a few posts. They just dominated play though. What did Montreal go without a shot on net; 18 minutes?

Drouin for Sergachev could go down as an all-time **** up as well. Love everything that is happening to that garbage franchise.

Great win against the Habs last night. I get they're not good but it still feels awesome when the B's beat them. They are an absolute mess. For one, they're lucky the score wasn't 6/7-1 at the end. Bruins hit quite a few posts. They just dominated play though. What did Montreal go without a shot on net; 18 minutes?

Drouin for Sergachev could go down as an all-time **** up as well. Love everything that is happening to that garbage franchise.
    The fact that Beregevin still has a job at this point is comical. I'd almost like them to be relevant again soon just so we can see some Boston/Montreal playoff games or at least competitive regular season games but I'll admit I am also enjoying this.

Nice comeback win for the Bruins, the last 7 games the opposing team has scored first on the B's, yet havent lost in regulation in 18 games. I thought Riley Nash was outstanding last night. Didnt register a point, but he was high energy and in every ottawa passing lane. Not sure you can play a much better game, without registering a point than Riley Nash did last night.

Also I'm done with Frank Vatrano. Despite his ability/willingness to shoot, he is just so poor in the neutral and defensive zone. I know he hasnt been playing much so he was no where near on top of his game, but I would give the ice time to someone else. He is just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Nice comeback win for the Bruins, the last 7 games the opposing team has scored first on the B's, yet havent lost in regulation in 18 games. I thought Riley Nash was outstanding last night. Didnt register a point, but he was high energy and in every ottawa passing lane. Not sure you can play a much better game, without registering a point than Riley Nash did last night.

Also I'm done with Frank Vatrano. Despite his ability/willingness to shoot, he is just so poor in the neutral and defensive zone. I know he hasnt been playing much so he was no where near on top of his game, but I would give the ice time to someone else. He is just that bad.
    But who are you going to give it too? IIRC Bjork is only allowed up because he was an "emergency call-up" and if Boston wants to bring up anyone else, Vatrano is going to have to go down and clear waivers.
    "The Next Generation"

But who are you going to give it too? IIRC Bjork is only allowed up because he was an "emergency call-up" and if Boston wants to bring up anyone else, Vatrano is going to have to go down and clear waivers.
    Yeah, even if you're out on Vatrano, it doesn't make sense to waive him and lose him for nothing, just to call someone else up to take his place. He's serving a depth purpose right now.

Yeah, even if you're out on Vatrano, it doesn't make sense to waive him and lose him for nothing, just to call someone else up to take his place. He's serving a depth purpose right now.
    But that's just it you can't just call someone up. Boston is currently at 24 players and with McAvoy going to IR it brings them down to the league max of 23. For Boston to call up anyone, they have to send someone down or something needs to go on IR. The only players who you can send down with having to clear waivers:

Bjork
    Heinen
    DeBrusk
    Kuraly
    Grzelcyk
    Carlo

I could include McAvoy, but obviously he's hurt and not taking up a roster spot
    "The Next Generation"

I'm saying trade him for a 3rd-5th pick. Or trade him for a better 13th forward. Package him and a 3rd-5th for a guy in a rental deal.

Get any value for Vatrano you can, let beleksey be a place holder if you trade vatrano for a pick. If there is a large gap in time that an important player will miss, call up cehlarik.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 01-26-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast