Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I am torn on this. I absolutely love Kenny Omega (first saw him on Candice/Joey show on youtube) and I think he would be a legitimate superstar for wwe. Problem is, VKM did not create Kenny Omega, and thus will not treat him as such. Omega is way too good, too big of a name to go to NXT, and yet like Finn Balor he would get lost in the shuffle because he is not "big enough". Omega is good enough to headline Wrestlemania, but OTOH, Vince will kill everything that make Omega cool. So, I want Omega to stay away from WWE at all costs, and it sounds like he prefers NJPW over WWE, anyways.

Yep. Really like Jericho/Omega match but felt let it told an incomplete story. It's like watching "SW: New Hope", and then no other Star Wars was made. Okada/Naito was the match of the night, for me. My gawd, Okada has a better drop kick then Dolph Ziggler.

WK12 will be better than anything the WWE main roster PPV will do this year, and thus I will not be purchasing any WWE PPV this year. I might purchase a Takeover Special, but PPV is a no go for me.
    Omega is definitely big enough. He's 6'0" and super ripped. His physique is not a problem at all. He's bigger than Styles and the same size as guys like HBK and Bret Hart. And yeah, WWE always takes something away from their characters. That's inevitable. Part of that is the PG program and I assume part of it is simply Vince's vision for each character and how they play out in their story lines. Still, Omega is awesome in the ring and on the mic and he has a great look. He'd be a main event star, no doubt about it.

Now someone like Marty Scurll or the young bucks... they might be too small. The Young Bucks could maybe get away with it perhaps since they are a tag team. Not that I ever expect to see them in WWE. Never say never though. But Scurll, he's short and lacks muscle. He looks smaller than several of the cruiserweights.

Okada is good, but from what I've seen from him, he's a bit overrated. He's good in the ring, but far from one of the best I've ever seen like he's made out to be by some. I thought Omega carried their great matches. Well, maybe carry is a strong way to put it, but I thought he was the more impressive performer. Also, Okada wouldn't be a good fit in WWE at all. He can't speak english and he doesn't have enough of a vibrant personality like Shinsuke has to sort of get away with it. What's unique about him is that he's good in the ring, and that's not enough in WWE when you can't speak english. I wouldn't mind seeing a one time match though between Okada and Reigns, just to see New Japan's golden boy vs. WWE's golden boy.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-09-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Scurll oozes charisma and has an awesome gimmick. He should theoretically be a perfect guy for wwe.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a fit for WWE. I'm saying he's too small to be a main eventer. He would fit in just fine in NXT, but once on the main roster, his lack of size would be exposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Vince would push Omega as a star as long as he got over. The myth that he won't push someone that is already a star that he didn't create is false. Styles is a perfect example of that. Booker T and Flair as well. If they are good enough and they are someone that will make him money, he will push them.

Personally, I'm not convinced Omega would translate into a WWE superstar. I don't know if his act would get over as well with the common fan like someone like Balor, Owens and Styles have. This isn't a knock on him or me saying he wouldn't get over, I'm just not positive it would. He also hasn't had much interest coming to WWE. He is making plenty of money in Japan and gets to do what he wants with an easier schedule. It wouldn't shock me to see him finally come to the WWE in the next few years, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he never did either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac
    Vince would push Omega as a star as long as he got over. The myth that he won't push someone that is already a star that he didn't create is false. Styles is a perfect example of that. Booker T and Flair as well. If they are good enough and they are someone that will make him money, he will push them.

Personally, I'm not convinced Omega would translate into a WWE superstar. I don't know if his act would get over as well with the common fan like someone like Balor, Owens and Styles have. This isn't a knock on him or me saying he wouldn't get over, I'm just not positive it would. He also hasn't had much interest coming to WWE. He is making plenty of money in Japan and gets to do what he wants with an easier schedule. It wouldn't shock me to see him finally come to the WWE in the next few years, but it also wouldn't surprise me if he never did either.
    I’m not familiar w/ Omega as you guys are but I agree that Vince will push you once you’re over. Otherwise he wouldn’t have grabbed or tried to grab stars from other promotions. Matter of fact, Vince will clone someone or find someone similar (look at Demolition) if he doesn’t get the person(s) he wants. If anything Creative might struggle coming up w/ a gimmick.

Vince won’t push you if your over most of the time. He pushes who he wants and only truly protects a few guys. Way to many examples of guys getting over and then getting buried.

If he let Jericho go work a match with him, odds are that he wants to get Jericho’s opinion and see if he would be worth investing in. Obviously Vince couldn’t have stopped Jericho if he wanted to go but they are close enough that I think he knows Vince wants a scouting report.

I really don't think Kenny is signing with WWE anytime soon. He really wants to accomlash more NJPW first like winning the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, and having the freedom to do whatever he wants. In WWE , no more being the elite, no more theme song he picked, no more terminator references, no more Good Bye and Good Night, Bang. He will be whatever Vince decides him to be.
    Fan of Red sox , Chicago bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12