Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Grudens staff

mberr Guest
    I forgot about all those MVPs Bill Belichick set and all of the records he set as a player

Honestly, I don't blame Gannon one bit. As a commentator, he probably does 2 workdays' worth a week. 1 filming, 1/2 traveling, and 1/2 in meetings or telecommuting. Even if it was 3 days' worth of time, it's a sweet gig compared to coaching since all he has to do is show up, remember his talking points, and comment on the game. As a coach, he'd work longer, harder, and for less pay.

Looks like Seattle just fired Cable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    I forgot about all those MVPs Bill Belichick set and all of the records he set as a player

Honestly, I don't blame Gannon one bit. As a commentator, he probably does 2 workdays' worth a week. 1 filming, 1/2 traveling, and 1/2 in meetings or telecommuting. Even if it was 3 days' worth of time, it's a sweet gig compared to coaching since all he has to do is show up, remember his talking points, and comment on the game. As a coach, he'd work longer, harder, and for less pay.
    When the season's over, other than staying up on current events, it's easier. Being a coach is all year long. So, it's really a no brainer.

mberr Guest
    kinda in the same line of thinking...

Back-up NFL has gotta be a dream job for someone who is realistic about their limitations. Cushy gig, never get hit, for like 7-12 years, then you got a long career after retirement as a commentator or coach.

I think that's gotta be the best job in all of football. You just gotta be in that sweet spot of talent level.

All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.

krsonekth

lol Love it, Gannon scared to come coach with Gruden because he knows what will be demanded of him. I cannot wait for the season to start!

I don't think we struggle without Gannon. I mean seriously, if our coaching staff can't assist Carr, no one can.

Too much credit was given to Todd Downing for Carr's development. It was Olson who walked him through his baby steps during his rookie season. Olson has a reputation for developing young QBs and fixing any flaws in their game. However, we should be still thankful that Gruden will be calling the plays.

Gannon might not coach Derek Carr full-time, but he's clearly interested in giving Carr some of his wisdom.

Don't be surprised if Gannon "visits" the Raiders a lot to work with Carr.

Raiders hire Jemal Singleyon as RB coach, previously with Indy Per Ian Rapoport

Per: Football Scoop we have reached deal with Alabama DB coach Derrick Ansley..

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else so Im not sure how credible they are

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Per: Football Scoop we have reached deal with Alabama DB coach Derrick Ansley..

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else so Im not sure how credible they are
    Sweet!!! I thought he had already joined Colorado State, but apparently not. Great news especially for guys like Conley and Obi.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...468813003.html

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Raiders hire Jemal Singleton as RB coach, previously with Indy Per Ian Rapoport
    I love the Jemal Singleton hire. He's one of my fave young guys around at position coach. I've heard nothing but great things about him. Fun, energetic, can be tough. Has a great balance. Gruden plucked a REALLY good one here, #RaiderNation.

Victor Cotto (@RaidersSource)

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Gannon might not coach Derek Carr full-time, but he's clearly interested in giving Carr some of his wisdom.

Don't be surprised if Gannon "visits" the Raiders a lot to work with Carr.
    I also read/heard that Gannon *may* work with Carr as a privately paid coach since the CBA limits the amount of coaching allowed by the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    I also read/heard that Gannon *may* work with Carr as a privately paid coach since the CBA limits the amount of coaching allowed by the staff.
    This is one of ways you get around cba players hire consultants whom they pay to assist them In Their development. Now we just need our receivers to hire Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, our OTs to hire Lincoln Kennedy and Dbs to hire C Wood

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast