Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 462

Thread: Grudens staff

  1. #241
    mberr Guest
    I forgot about all those MVPs Bill Belichick set and all of the records he set as a player

    Honestly, I don't blame Gannon one bit. As a commentator, he probably does 2 workdays' worth a week. 1 filming, 1/2 traveling, and 1/2 in meetings or telecommuting. Even if it was 3 days' worth of time, it's a sweet gig compared to coaching since all he has to do is show up, remember his talking points, and comment on the game. As a coach, he'd work longer, harder, and for less pay.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    312
    Looks like Seattle just fired Cable as well.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    I forgot about all those MVPs Bill Belichick set and all of the records he set as a player

    Honestly, I don't blame Gannon one bit. As a commentator, he probably does 2 workdays' worth a week. 1 filming, 1/2 traveling, and 1/2 in meetings or telecommuting. Even if it was 3 days' worth of time, it's a sweet gig compared to coaching since all he has to do is show up, remember his talking points, and comment on the game. As a coach, he'd work longer, harder, and for less pay.
    When the season's over, other than staying up on current events, it's easier. Being a coach is all year long. So, it's really a no brainer.

  4. #244
    mberr Guest
    kinda in the same line of thinking...

    Back-up NFL has gotta be a dream job for someone who is realistic about their limitations. Cushy gig, never get hit, for like 7-12 years, then you got a long career after retirement as a commentator or coach.

    I think that's gotta be the best job in all of football. You just gotta be in that sweet spot of talent level.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,275
    All aboard the Josey Jewell & Josh Jackson train.



    krsonekth

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    33,806
    lol Love it, Gannon scared to come coach with Gruden because he knows what will be demanded of him. I cannot wait for the season to start!

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,533
    I don't think we struggle without Gannon. I mean seriously, if our coaching staff can't assist Carr, no one can.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    6,478
    Too much credit was given to Todd Downing for Carr's development. It was Olson who walked him through his baby steps during his rookie season. Olson has a reputation for developing young QBs and fixing any flaws in their game. However, we should be still thankful that Gruden will be calling the plays.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    16,505
    Gannon might not coach Derek Carr full-time, but he's clearly interested in giving Carr some of his wisdom.

    Don't be surprised if Gannon "visits" the Raiders a lot to work with Carr.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    3,760
    Raiders hire Jemal Singleyon as RB coach, previously with Indy Per Ian Rapoport

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    3,760
    Per: Football Scoop we have reached deal with Alabama DB coach Derrick Ansley..

    I haven't seen this reported anywhere else so Im not sure how credible they are

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Per: Football Scoop we have reached deal with Alabama DB coach Derrick Ansley..

    I haven't seen this reported anywhere else so Im not sure how credible they are
    Sweet!!! I thought he had already joined Colorado State, but apparently not. Great news especially for guys like Conley and Obi.

    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...468813003.html

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    Raiders hire Jemal Singleton as RB coach, previously with Indy Per Ian Rapoport
    I love the Jemal Singleton hire. He's one of my fave young guys around at position coach. I've heard nothing but great things about him. Fun, energetic, can be tough. Has a great balance. Gruden plucked a REALLY good one here, #RaiderNation.

    Victor Cotto (@RaidersSource)

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Gannon might not coach Derek Carr full-time, but he's clearly interested in giving Carr some of his wisdom.

    Don't be surprised if Gannon "visits" the Raiders a lot to work with Carr.
    I also read/heard that Gannon *may* work with Carr as a privately paid coach since the CBA limits the amount of coaching allowed by the staff.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    4,618
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerSophist View Post
    I also read/heard that Gannon *may* work with Carr as a privately paid coach since the CBA limits the amount of coaching allowed by the staff.
    This is one of ways you get around cba players hire consultants whom they pay to assist them In Their development. Now we just need our receivers to hire Tim Brown and Jerry Rice, our OTs to hire Lincoln Kennedy and Dbs to hire C Wood

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •