Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 107
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    54,972
    PG - Stephen Curry
    SG - Klay Thompson
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    PF - Draymond Green
    C - Kevin Durant

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNpigeon View Post
    Curry
    Klay
    KD
    Lebron
    AD

    in Kerr's Offense.

    All unselfish players who can play off the ball. They can all Shoot 3s, Pass, Cut and Defend.
    Kerrs offense over Pops, or D'antonis? [emoji848]

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    By "Lebron ball," do you mean "playing at a ridiculous level in the postseason that only Michael Jordan was ever capable of matching?" There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want Lebron James in their starting five, and they'd be insane to say otherwise.
    No, he means LeBron ball. LeBron ball hogs, and can shoot out of out games. He is the anti-warriors.

    Just lol @ whoever called him the best passing forward in the league. [emoji23]

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And I completely get that, but I think more like the Dream Team, at a certain point the sheer individual talent level of each player becomes too much to deal with lol
    Nope.

    The Nash/Gasol/Kobe/Howard Lakers say hi.

    Terrible assumption to make.

    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea I get this, this is my whole point. This is why we wouldn't want lebron on our team, he never "fits" next to other very good to elite dominant players.
    As stated before the stats show that currently Love is killing it next to Lebron (as does the eye test). To many this isn't overly shocking because with Kyrie gone and IT out we see that he will get the benefit of being the 2nd option.

    Love and Bosh were 3rd options on their teams because there were two better ones already there to take a high volume load. Unlike Draymond they aren't as capable of affecting other areas so they fall off on offense without said volume so in the 3rd option role they are more diminished (which is why I have long stated I prefer a Green type over them next to other stars, I even picked him in this thread). It has to do with the talent on the entire team and how it fits not just Lebron.

    The best individual seasons by impact/stats for Curry/Klay/Green as individuals came before Durant got there. This so far has arguably been Durants worst season since 2012. This is what happens when a lot of talent gets together there is going to have to be some sort of drop off because not everyone can stay at their same volumes etc. What seperates this GS team from others is that they have extreme talent like no one else before and generally have players that fit very well together and are more interchangable to other systems.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    As stated before the stats show that currently Love is killing it next to Lebron (as does the eye test). To many this isn't overly shocking because with Kyrie gone and IT out we see that he will get the benefit of being the 2nd option.

    Love and Bosh were 3rd options on their teams because there were two better ones already there to take a high volume load. Unlike Draymond they aren't as capable of affecting other areas so they fall off on offense without said volume so in the 3rd option role they are more diminished (which is why I have long stated I prefer a Green type over them next to other stars, I even picked him in this thread). It has to do with the talent on the entire team and how it fits not just Lebron.

    The best individual seasons by impact/stats for Curry/Klay/Green as individuals came before Durant got there. This so far has arguably been Durants worst season since 2012. This is what happens when a lot of talent gets together there is going to have to be some sort of drop off because not everyone can stay at their same volumes etc. What seperates this GS team from others is that they have extreme talent like no one else before and generally have players that fit very well together and are more interchangable to other systems.
    Oh, I get you, yea I agree, him plus one more is probably a good fit. But he keeps going for big 3's, I don't know, I guess boston convinced him of something.

    Oh, Bosh was more than capable of controlling the paint in miami. Bosh is stupid underrated, for him to have adjusted his game and then become that good at it, completely flies under the radar. He became a completely different player (one that stats don't really show up for) and thrived on it. That's why I keep saying, he really was a borderline elite talent. He made the biggest sacrifice in miami, he was the one who allowed them to try and become a cohesive team.

    I don't know what we're seeing different here, but this has to be kd's best season in his career. The guy is just becoming flat out unstoppable in key moments. Curry seems to kinda be hitting a peak too. They are both way better with the ball in their hands now than ever before, that's what I see. They just don't have the ball in their hands as often
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    24,494
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Nope.

    The Nash/Gasol/Kobe/Howard Lakers say hi.

    Terrible assumption to make.
    Nash was 38, Kobe was 34, Pau 32. Dwight was the only young player on that entire team. They did bad because they were too old. If it were prime Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight they'd have won multiple titles.

    Contrast with my team where the only player over 30 is LeBron and my point stands.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh, I get you, yea I agree, him plus one more is probably a good fit. But he keeps going for big 3's, I don't know, I guess boston convinced him of something.

    Oh, Bosh was more than capable of controlling the paint in miami. Bosh is stupid underrated, for him to have adjusted his game and then become that good at it, completely flies under the radar. He became a completely different player (one that stats don't really show up for) and thrived on it. That's why I keep saying, he really was a borderline elite talent. He made the biggest sacrifice in miami, he was the one who allowed them to try and become a cohesive team.

    I don't know what we're seeing different here, but this has to be kd's best season in his career. The guy is just becoming flat out unstoppable in key moments. Curry seems to kinda be hitting a peak too. They are both way better with the ball in their hands now than ever before, that's what I see. They just don't have the ball in their hands as often
    That is the point with Love and what has made the big difference now lol. It's his most efficient season of his career and his volume is up because there is less talent around them.

    They might be better in specific moments but as a whole their impact is not the same as their best seasons. If you don't remember the 72 win season I can understand blocking it out due to the ending but they were going nuts on the league individually as a trio lead by Curry. That just isn't happening in the same sense anymore but it isn't because Durant is holding everyone back, just comes down to the fit/need.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,036
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    That is the point with Love and what has made the big difference now lol. It's his most efficient season of his career and his volume is up because there is less talent around them.

    They might be better in specific moments but as a whole their impact is not the same as their best seasons. If you don't remember the 72 win season I can understand blocking it out due to the ending but they were going nuts on the league individually as a trio lead by Curry. That just isn't happening in the same sense anymore but it isn't because Durant is holding everyone back, just comes down to the fit/need.
    no block out necessary, we followed it up with arguably the biggest joke of a competition we've ever seen in the playoffs. And NO ONE'S EVEN TAKING PAYCUTS, lmao, we're just so much better at basketball than anyone that its a joke. Why would I ever block out anything that had to do with creating that situation?

    The 73 wins were great and exciting and a lot of fun, but this team is built to win chips, that one wasn't. This team is without a doubt superior, built better, more versatile, and both curry and kd are dictating the game like never before, showing the right aggressiveness at the right times. They're both in complete control of their game, like lebron started showing at the end of miami.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nash was 38, Kobe was 34, Pau 32. Dwight was the only young player on that entire team. They did bad because they were too old. If it were prime Nash, Kobe, Pau and Dwight they'd have won multiple titles.

    Contrast with my team where the only player over 30 is LeBron and my point stands.
    Oh my Lord, stop valade16.

    [emoji23]

    They did bad because chemistry and system /scheme matter in the NBA as underrated and unquantifiable as they are.

    The age excuse. You're better than that dude.


    Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    no block out necessary, we followed it up with arguably the biggest joke of a competition we've ever seen in the playoffs. And NO ONE'S EVEN TAKING PAYCUTS, lmao, we're just so much better at basketball than anyone that its a joke. Why would I ever block out anything that had to do with creating that situation?

    The 73 wins were great and exciting and a lot of fun, but this team is built to win chips, that one wasn't. This team is without a doubt superior, built better, more versatile, and both curry and kd are dictating the game like never before, showing the right aggressiveness at the right times. They're both in complete control of their game, like lebron started showing at the end of miami.
    Lol Durant literally just took a pay cut. Too bad your eyes didn't give you the goods this time.

    The team that won a chip and set the wins record following was not built to win chips. If you mention 2016 finals however GS fans like yourself point out Curry injury or Green suspension etc (you just did in the other thread lol).

    I agree the league is a joke now because Durant was a ***** to such a large extent. It sucks for people who like competition in the NBA and watching for the road to a title etc. You guys can enjoy the titles and I will continue betting on Warriors to win lol.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Curry
    Kawahi
    Bron
    Durant
    AD
    I consistently agree with you more than anyone on psd, and this list proves it.

    I kinda want to get cute and put Giannis at center...yes, no?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,654
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Dude, you can't possibly tell me that Lebron shouldn't be listed on every team in this thread. I get that you're a Warriors fan, but take off the homer goggles for a second.
    😂💣

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    10,654
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And I completely get that, but I think more like the Dream Team, at a certain point the sheer individual talent level of each player becomes too much to deal with lol
    I agree.

    You canít make a team better than 5 Lebrons or 5 Mikes. At some point talent is all that matters. Great talented players are smart enough to adjust and fit in.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Swinging from Bruce Bochy's sack
    Posts
    48,377
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I agree.

    You canít make a team better than 5 Lebrons or 5 Mikes. At some point talent is all that matters. Great talented players are smart enough to adjust and fit in.
    I disagree with that entirely, as as suggested above with the Nash/Kobe team as the best recent example, the Dream Team Eagles being another.

    It's not just about talent, it's about fit, and system. The best talent on paper doesn't always translate to success. It's not that simple.

    And no, a team of 5 Jordans isn't going to beat more traditional makeups.

    a team of 5 Jordans would be swept by Durants Warriors. Jordan was the greatest ever, but he wasn't the greatest ever at everything in the game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •