Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I agree, but I expect him to get claimed before us.
    Can't see a chance in hell he's claimed.

Def feel like this is the one we make, even though IDK if he's the world's best fit for what Mike P likes to do with OLBs usually? But just make him a 100 pass guy, and just tell him GO KILL
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Rumor is Jordy Nelson is going to announce his retirement tomorrow

The Green Bay Narrative
    The Podcast about Packers fans hosted by a Packers fan.
    http://www.thegreenbayguy.com/podcast.html

Good day around the nfc for the packers playoff chances though. Losses by Atlanta, Seattle and Philly makes it look more and more like 9-7 is the best case scenario for those teams especially with their upcoming schedules. So it does leave the door open for us potentially getting in at 9-6-1. We basically have to beat Minnesota or hope the bears fall apart, which wouldn't be shocking. They havent beaten a team over. 500 yet.

But as it sits right now, barring any major streaks, it looks like the most likely nfc wild card teams will be one team from the south and one team from the north.

We will do just enough to get the 6 seed and get bounced first round.

A little NFC North news: Vic Fangio is officially out of the NFC North, while they still have a pretty talented core on defense, Fangio was a fantastic coordinator. Glad to see he finally landed a job, and he is taking his skills to the AFC with the Broncos.

The browns fired Gregg Williams. you got to think he is a little miffed. he did pretty good in Cleveland and then out the door. I understand it cause most coaches want to build their own staff but, it still kind of sucks. If we didn't retain Pettine, I wouldn't have minded signing Williams

The Green Bay Narrative

Ok, so you guys want to hear a joke,

The Cardinals are interested in bringing Dom Capers in for Defensive Coordinator

The Green Bay Narrative

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Ok, so you guys want to hear a joke,

The Cardinals are interested in bringing Dom Capers in for Defensive Coordinator
    They're going all in on fired coaches like the NFC North on coaches named Matt.

Browns hired Freddie Kitchens as their head coach and now its being reported that Adam Gase is taking over the Jets. that was the 2 landing spots that people really thought McCarthy had a chance for. is it possible he isn't even coaching this year?

The Green Bay Narrative

Reports confirm McCarthy taking the year off. Maybe that might set up for a "homecoming" of sort of the Pittsburgh job opens. I think a year offs the right call, get his head straight, reinvent, and come back strong like Andy Reid did.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MM was forced to take on an OC job before teams would consider looking at him for the HC gig.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Reports confirm McCarthy taking the year off. Maybe that might set up for a "homecoming" of sort of the Pittsburgh job opens. I think a year offs the right call, get his head straight, reinvent, and come back strong like Andy Reid did.
    That’s a really interesting possibility.

sounds like Zac Taylor is going to be the Bengals HC

The Green Bay Narrative

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    perhaps i'm being too critical of ol fathead but what are his strengths vs his negatives? right now he seems to have far more negatives and only some of those are play calling. with the focus on QB's right now he cannot recently say he has had any success in that category. besides Flynn no backup has come from Green Bay and done anything. two years running his backups have been severely lacking in almost all categories. they don't look NFL ready. he has not been able to spin off assistant coaches that seem competent. does he know the rule book AFA challenges? his time management was frequently mentioned this year as being one of the worst in the NFL. he was able to coach in the NFL for a very long time and have a winning record which is significant. up until this year he was known as having a tight unified locker room and was well liked. he stood by players and coaches which is both a strength and weakness. he might be a head coach again in the NFL but i am not seeing a wunderkind. i see an average coach that sometimes exceeds expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    perhaps i'm being too critical of ol fathead but what are his strengths vs his negatives? right now he seems to have far more negatives and only some of those are play calling. with the focus on QB's right now he cannot recently say he has had any success in that category. besides Flynn no backup has come from Green Bay and done anything. two years running his backups have been severely lacking in almost all categories. they don't look NFL ready. he has not been able to spin off assistant coaches that seem competent. does he know the rule book AFA challenges? his time management was frequently mentioned this year as being one of the worst in the NFL. he was able to coach in the NFL for a very long time and have a winning record which is significant. up until this year he was known as having a tight unified locker room and was well liked. he stood by players and coaches which is both a strength and weakness. he might be a head coach again in the NFL but i am not seeing a wunderkind. i see an average coach that sometimes exceeds expectations.
    The fact that the team and players let him back in speaks to how well respected he was. The ability to spin off assistants is nothing. No one would ever say they wouldnt hire belichek because his assistants stink as head coaches.

And the qb thing is also overblown. I did the math a few days back. I'd estimate that roughly 29 of the 32 teams reasonably have their opening day starting qb on their roster for next year assuming everyone is healthy. 21 of the 29 are first round picks, 3 are 2nds, 1 was a 3rd, 2 were 4ths and Brady. We drafted brohm in the 2nd like 10 years ago and outside of that, the 5th we spent on Hundley has been the highest pick until Kizer, who had like 4 months under mccarthy. Not sure what you expect him to do with the group of guys he was given. It's not like the guys the mcvays and Shanahan of the world are developing are nobodies.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast