Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    isn't it crazy that people are upset that after signing Davante Adams to a deal, the packers have "too much money invested in the WR position" so they want to cut or restructure Jordy and Cobb but, yet want to throw big money contracts out to FA WRs
    I haven't seen anyone say that we have too much money signed towards the WR position. I have seen a lot of people say we have too much money invested in our WR situation. We have one of the highest paid 1-3 WR's in the league and none of them are named Antonio Brown or Julio Jones.

Now I understand how we got here. The Cobb signing was to shore up a then solid core. The Nelson signing was to shore up a then healthy stud. And the Adams signing makes perfect sense. But all 3 together now makes for an average receiving core that has had troubles for 2 seasons getting open.
    Last edited by hallzi43; 01-18-2018 at 01:51 PM.

isn't it crazy that people are upset that after signing Davante Adams to a deal, the packers have "too much money invested in the WR position" so they want to cut or restructure Jordy and Cobb but, yet want to throw big money contracts out to FA WRs
    I don't mind spending money on a really good wr. Our issue is we have a lot of money tied up in our WR core that's pretty mediocre right now. Adams is the only one that can make plays it seems like. Cobb and Nelson are not worth the money they're getting. I would mind keeping Jordy just cause him and Rodgers are like peas and carrots but he needs a restructure and i wouldn't be upset if we like Cobb walk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I don't mind spending money on a really good wr. Our issue is we have a lot of money tied up in our WR core that's pretty mediocre right now. Adams is the only one that can make plays it seems like. Cobb and Nelson are not worth the money they're getting. I would mind keeping Jordy just cause him and Rodgers are like peas and carrots but he needs a restructure and i wouldn't be upset if we like Cobb walk.
    I expect Jordy to restructure, and Iíd be fine with Cobb restructuring as well...if his contract turns into 21 mil over 3 years it could be viewed as a bargain in year 2 and 3.

I expect Jordy to restructure to something like 2 years 14 mil.

I really have no idea, but I could see either happening, and would be pleased if both did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you read my post, I wasn't suggesting we sign Landry. It was an example of why we need to restructure or cut Nelson and Cobb. I was suggesting that we replace one of them with John Brown and perhaps Paul Richardson, both of whom could be signed for less money than what we are paying Nelson and Cobb.

FYI, even if we hadn't resigned Adams, I would have been looking to cut or restructure Nelson and Cobb. The 2 combined are not worth 1 of their 2 salaries. The same goes for Clay.

Loyalty in the NFL is for teams that don't want to win. You can't afford to pay players more than $10 Mil per season if they are no longer capable of producing at that level.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 01-19-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I expect Jordy to restructure, and Iíd be fine with Cobb restructuring as well...if his contract turns into 21 mil over 3 years it could be viewed as a bargain in year 2 and 3.

I expect Jordy to restructure to something like 2 years 14 mil.

I really have no idea, but I could see either happening, and would be pleased if both did.

If they were to restructure Cobb to 3 yrs/$21 Mil, I'd be fine with that, but then we should let Jordy walk. Jordy can't get open any more. He did manage some early season TD's, but wasn't open then either. I will be very disappointed if both Nelson and Cobb are back next season, unless we cut Jordy and resign him for like $2.5 Mil. He'll get over $2 Mil with the guarentee money when cut. Jordy is no better than a WR#4 at this point and declining fast.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    If they were to restructure Cobb to 3 yrs/$21 Mil, I'd be fine with that, but then we should let Jordy walk. Jordy can't get open any more. He did manage some early season TD's, but wasn't open then either. I will be very disappointed if both Nelson and Cobb are back next season, unless we cut Jordy and resign him for like $2.5 Mil. He'll get over $2 Mil with the guarentee money when cut. Jordy is no better than a WR#4 at this point and declining fast.
    Jordy and Arodg had as good of a connection as ever on 3rd downs and in the red zone just this last year. Granted it wasnít a whole seasons work...

But, if you go back and watch the production he STILL has with Rodgers heíd be worth every penny.

Iíll be shocked if they straight up cut him. Coaches notice chemistry although fans donít always see it.

i feel like a lot of people undervalue nelson at this point. after his injury i was skeptical how well hed respond but he had a phenomenal year. last year he was solid before rodgers went out. dont let hundleys bad play overshadow how good he can be. that being said i think cobb and nelson HAVE to restructure, i would like to see both back if only to have stability at the position, but no way for those prices. if one leaves there are some solid FA options at the moment. i wouldnt want to draft wr at moment just because i feel we have so many other needs right now on defense, plus we need a TE and oline depth.

Quote Originally Posted by StickyGreenFan View Post
    i feel like a lot of people undervalue nelson at this point. after his injury i was skeptical how well hed respond but he had a phenomenal year. last year he was solid before rodgers went out. dont let hundleys bad play overshadow how good he can be. that being said i think cobb and nelson HAVE to restructure, i would like to see both back if only to have stability at the position, but no way for those prices. if one leaves there are some solid FA options at the moment. i wouldnt want to draft wr at moment just because i feel we have so many other needs right now on defense, plus we need a TE and oline depth.
    We have to draft some wr's as well as add a FA. The cupboards are bare and even if we keep Nelson and Cobb, Nelson is on his last huraah. The only need that is greater than WR is edge rusher. Even with both Cobb and Nelson, we only have 2 WR's Adams is one and Cobb and Nelson combined equal 1. No one else on the roster has proven worthy of any serious playing time. TE is a need, but we don't use them even when we have them, so we'd be much better off adding WR help. Jared Cook, who is a good TE did nothing till the last couple weeks of the season and the playoffs. His numbers were poor, but he made a few plays late in the season and in the playoffs and thats all anybody remembers. He did nothing the 1st 10 weeks of the season.

Nelson was just fair prior to Rodgers getting hurt. He had the TD's, but his catches and yardage were both down. If you really thought his Td's were going to continue at that rate, then I'd keep him, but we were lucky on a couple of those TD's and without those TD's he wasn't that good. He's also going to be a year older, a little slower and he's probably due to get hurt again.

Yes Rodgers is capable of throwing him open on occassion, but it would sure be nice to have somebody that actually got open, so Rodgers doesn't have to hold the ball 8 to 10 seconds on every play. As it is he'll have to throw the ball out of bounds to Jordy hoping he can make the sidelines grab, because Adams will get 2 defenders and no one else can get open, other than an RB occassionally down the field.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 01-19-2018 at 05:58 PM.

ESPN Milwaukee both guys say cut Cobb and split with who to restructure between Clay and Jordy.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    ESPN Milwaukee both guys say cut Cobb and split with who to restructure between Clay and Jordy.
    if the FA market was not such a bumper crop this year i would say try to trade Cobb even for a lower round pick. as it is we have to move on in order to get new blood into the WR core. if everyone comes back it will be like 2017 all over again. 12 WR's in camp with 2 draft picks in that number and no new talent seeing the field after final cut down.

Free Agency - who we should sign:

1) TE Trey Burton Eagles - A down field threat who started 2 games for injured Zach Ertz and scored 3 TD's in those 2 games and 5 total. Not a household name, but could be the recieveing TE we've been looking for at a reasonable price. offer 3 years - $12 Milion

2) WR John Brown Cardinals - A reasonably priced deep threat with great speed. He has had numerous injuries, so he'll come cheap, but if he stays healthy could be a steal and exactly what our WR corp lacks. 3 years - $10 Mil

3) OLB Conner Barwin Rams - Still productive at age 36, would make a very good and experienced 3rd OLB with decent pass rush skills. 2 years $10.5 Mil

4) CB Kyle Fuller Bears - A top end corner just entering his prime. Didn't produce any big plays, which makes him somewhat affordable, but was still rock solid in coverage. 3 years $20 Mil to $25 Mil This addition would solidify one of our weakest positions and make CB about our 6th or 7th team need going into the draft.

4 good players at key positions of need for about $20 Mil per season. Sign these 4 players, draft well and have a little luck with our team injuries and we can bring the Lombari trophy back where it belongs.

I have a feeling Burton is going to get a little bigger deal than that. He doesnít have a ton of experience, but he showed enough to get himself a good deal. I bet he gets more like $6 mill per year, possibly more, especially since itís not a great tight end FA class.

I love John Brown. But he canít stay on the field, pass.

im on the burton bandwagon too, i think hes showed a lot of potential

I think CB Fuller and Jimmy Graham I'd like to see GB go after hard. Take a CB or OLB in R1 or trade down in R1 and maybe still get Jackson or Oliver. Then take OLB or Evans from Bama maybe. Then in R2 maybe Kirk or Pettis fall to GB.

Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast