Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Cowboys have released Dez Bryant. He would look good in a Packer uniform on a 1 year deal with the chip he's going to have on his shoulder. I get that he's far from the perfect team player. But a motivated Dez playing with Adams, Cobb and Jimmy Graham, would give Rodgers plenty of options. This would be the true all in move.
    I'd love him on a reasonable one year deal but he's repeated he has his heart set on staying in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Gross.

No he wouldnít. He would look like **** on the sidelines *****ing at our coaches and being a whiny *****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't hold back now! Haha

Please grab dez.... dez, Adams ,and Cobb with graham too.... thatís just nasty good

Grab some defense and OL in draft

Make a freaking super bowl run

I hope we don't get mad when we don't get him and pretend we sat on our hands. Don't think dude would come here and he's not without issues both football and non football.

He is an emotional guy but outside of that what are his real issues off field?

His down seasons have come from some mediocre quarterback play at best. Definitely some drop issues last season but Dak also doesnt throw great balls. If he finds himself on a team with a legit quarterback he will do well.

We have a lot of turds at wr right now. Would be nice not to hope that 2 draftees work out. That especially worries me because our scouting department is a ghost town.

He also doesnít run a compete route tree, which is typically something we ask of all our WRs,and he doesnít get a ton of separation, which is workable with Rodgers. Iíd be fine with dez at the right price, but Iím not anticipating we actually are front runners for him.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    He also doesnít run a compete route tree, which is typically something we ask of all our WRs,and he doesnít get a ton of separation, which is workable with Rodgers. Iíd be fine with dez at the right price, but Iím not anticipating we actually are front runners for him.
    I just said the route thing and got dropped this twenty minute video, I've try to watch it all, that supposedly proves he can run the whole tree because a guy has clips of him running every route. Well duh, everyone in the NFL can actually run and do run every route lol. They're just not good at all of them.

I'm all for it too if he wants to come here. I don't think that's the case. I'd say odds are less than 10% he comes here.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    He is an emotional guy but outside of that what are his real issues off field?

His down seasons have come from some mediocre quarterback play at best. Definitely some drop issues last season but Dak also doesnt throw great balls. If he finds himself on a team with a legit quarterback he will do well.

We have a lot of turds at wr right now. Would be nice not to hope that 2 draftees work out. That especially worries me because our scouting department is a ghost town.
    I'm not scared of Dezs stuff. But he's been in minor trouble a few times. Kicked out of NCAA for whatever went on with prime. He got in trouble for hitting a woman iirc. Arrested at a mall for something stupid. Destroyed some rental house or some ****. Didn't the cowboys hire a dude to babysit him?
    Like they made all these rules and had someone to follow him and make sure he did? That's kind of a red flag.

It'll be a short deal here so I kinda don't care. But there's been some stuff, even if nothing major.

I just googled it. His domestic violence incident was that he pushed his mom in a fight with his half brother. All his other stuff is just sort of immature, hot headed behavior it seems.

His off the field stuff doesnít really bother me a ton either. If we sign him, itís a one year deal or maybe a 2 year deal with an out. And winning games usually has a way of sorting that stuff out. Plus, on a short contract, he should be motivated to prove himself, so that would help as well. We all obviously remember the Bennett fiasco this pas my season, but even that didnít really occur until Rodgers got hurt. Winning solves a lot of that crap.

Dez seems hell bent on revenge for Dallas. Itíll be interesting to see what he does. He wants to play them twice a year, but going to probably 7 win max teams in New York or Washington doesnít really spell revenge to me. Maybe when he cools off a little, heíll realize going to a team with a good qb, who is a playoff contender is better revenge, especially if he puts up good numbers and potentially wins a ring. Thatís why to me, Green Bay and Carolina make some sense for him. Iím not sure whereís heís at in his process or what his motivations are. I bet he gets a few okay multi year offers, so if thatís his goal, GB likely isnít his landing spot. If his sole revenge goal is to destroy Dallas head to Head next year, then we donít fit either. But if he wants to win and play with someone who makes him look good, we would make sense.

Well from reports, none of the NFC east teams are interested. I still assume Gutey is in on the conversation at the very least from the opening reports of immediate interest in him and then the reporter going on to rave about Rodgers to Dez and how great that duo would be.

I am on the fence about Dez. I think Rodgers could get a productive year out of him, but it still doesn't give us a receiver who can stretch the field reliably. So if he comes at a reasonable one year deal, then why not. Definitely wouldn't break the bank for him though.

All that said, I give us our chances of signing him <5%

If we do make an offer, it shouldn't be more than we offered jordy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    I'd love him on a reasonable one year deal but he's repeated he has his heart set on staying in the division.
    Just because his heart is set on staying in the division doesn't mean any of those teams want him.
    The only team I could really see making a play is the Redskins. OBJ and Dez on the same team would have unreal potential but they would probably cause an even bigger headache.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    If we do make an offer, it shouldn't be more than we offered jordy.
    I love Jordy and I think he can still be more productive than he was last season. However, although Dez has struggled I think he still has potential to have some great seasons. I wouldn't want to break the bank on him but I wouldn't be mad if they paid him a little more than Jordy was offered.

Is giving him a competitive offer even possible with our current cap situation? Still need to pay Rodgers

Ya would be a nice luxurious signing. But does the risk outway the reward.

Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast