Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    I donít have one guy, but corner makes way too much sense. Itís a pretty decent class of corners and we could use someone with some experience.

Thereís a fair amount of good rookie corners in the draft, but going into next year with Randall, king and a rookie as the starters is probably risky

Throw all the money in the world at Trumaine Johnson and Kyle Fuller. But I am going to be realistic and believe that isn't going to land us either of them.

I see Butler probably landing in New York so he can face NE twice a year after that Super Bowl. That is also where I suspect Claiborne to stay as well.

Truthfully I would like a guy that is a bit older that can give some guidance to our young talent. That seems to work well for a lot of secondaries. So I am not opposed to the Brent Grimes/Jonathon Joseph mid to lower 30 year old vets. I would say Revis but he has always been a money machine and we can't afford an outrageous contract on a guy like that.

Beyond that find us a TE and head into the draft with the mindset that we need:

A) A young pass rusher
    B) Offensive line help
    C) A more talented backup QB

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I canít get behind cutting clay. Iíd be okay with a restructure, but I donít see any advantage for him to do that. The other two can maybe be talked into it. Plus. We need clay. He doesnít have an obvious replacement and that spot will be the most difficult to replace.
    So if there's no advantage for him in restructuring, then we have to cut him. It's a blown offseason in FA if Clay's still making $13 Mil. He's not woth close to that and there are better players in FA that could become Packers if we cut him. You pick Clay or a top end CB, say Butler or Johnson.

1) Trey Burton
    2) Kyle Fuller or Butler or Johnson or Talib
    3) J Brown, John or Jaron
    4) Conner Barwin
    5) Justin Pugh

Need to create some cap space to make all this happen. So restructure or cut Clay, Jordy, Cobb, Bulaga?
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 02-14-2018 at 05:18 PM.

Let's be realistic. They aren't cutting Clay and they likely aren't restructuring his deal this year either. We don't have the depth at LB to cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Let's be realistic. They aren't cutting Clay and they likely aren't restructuring his deal this year either. We don't have the depth at LB to cut him.
    But he's not worth $8 Million much less $13 Mil. Were stupid to pay that to a mostly washed up OLB. I'd prefer we cut him and replace him with Fuller and Barwin for about the same money. Barwin is nearly as productive at less than half the price.

Clay was fairly healthy last season compared to previous few. I'll bet you $20 he misses 6 or more games this season.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 02-14-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    But he's not worth $8 Million much less $13 Mil. Were stupid to pay that to a mostly washed up OLB. I'd prefer we cut him and replace him with Fuller and Barwin for about the same money. Barwin is nearly as productive at less than half the price.

Clay was fairly healthy last season compared to previous few. I'll bet you $20 he misses 6 or more games this season.
    id bet we dont get both those players for the same money.

for one Barwin is gonna resign with Rams. I dont see that changing. For 2 i think you pay Mathews salary for Fuller.

and lets be honest. im not sure fuller is proven yet.

1) Trey Burton
    2) Kyle Fuller or Butler or Johnson or Talib
    3) J Brown, John or Jaron
    4) Conner Barwin
    5) Justin Pugh

Need to create some cap space to make all this happen. So restructure or cut Clay, Jordy, Cobb, Bulaga?
    Barwin is terrible. Fuller and Ansah intrigue me though. Cheap olb Murphy it Okafor off of suspension. This class is pretty terrible and everyone has crazy money though.

Want Burton too.

About the same money for barwin. Dudes got one foot in the grave man. Trust me, you don't want him.

id bet we dont get both those players for the same money.

for one Barwin is gonna resign with Rams. I dont see that changing. For 2 i think you pay Mathews salary for Fuller.
    I doubt they even really want him back that much

and lets be honest. im not sure fuller is proven yet.
    Oh no doubt. No had some upside as a rookie but some bad stuff there. Then just average in the middle and a good year last year. I think he'd be a solid #1 but who knows. This class just doesn't leave us with many options. Bad time to have money to burn and a possibly interested GM

All this talk in the news about a potential Rodgers extension...I'm just saying this now, I would never extend him for over $30M/year. Sorry but you can't win a title with that contract on the books. Its never been done. No team has won a superbowl with the QB eating up more than about 11.5% of total cap space. $30M would be around 17% of the team cap, too much.

If he's really demanding that kind of money, I'd consider drafting a new QB fairly high and developing them to take over. If we can't find someone good enough by the time Rodgers current deal expires then we just franchise him. We could franchise tag him for 3 years after his current deal and he'd be around 39 then, I just don't see the point of extending him past unless he takes a team friendly deal anyways.

I think the thing people forget is that contracts arenít flat in the nfl. We can extend Rodgers and probably actually lessen his cap hit. We can probably sign a corner to a contract with an $11 mill per year average annual value, but he likely only counts for $7-8 against the cap. So in theory, we possibly could sign barwin and a corner to $13 mill for this year, but on average, theyíll probably cost more.

That being said, thereís other areas we can save money and clayís contract is done after this year. Clay is probably the last guy i consider cutting or renegotiating of the big names for us. If we are going to be active in free agency and need money, cobb and Nelson would be higher on my list.

But honestly would you consider is wise to sign Rodgers to a Goropollo type deal?

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast