Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

this is what a guy that you guys are claiming to be too old gets lol

True to the Tj thing

We are prob better off going with 2 mid tier guys for the price of one. Then you hope King turns into that true #1.

As for these WR and TE rumors. Well one of two things would need to happen

1) Cut Cobb or Nelson to clear out i think 12 or 10 mil

or

2) Extend Rodgers and clear out 10 mil. Convert some of his 2018 cap hit into a signing bonus or whatever.

Tamba Hali was also released. Perhaps a vet option on the cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Tamba Hali was also released. Perhaps a vet option on the cheap?
    He just HAS to be done. He played like zero snaps last year, lemme look. 99 snaps after he came back from PUP with another knee, IIRC. I would give him vet min, I mean, fine. But he fell fast. Zombo was putting him on the bench and Zombo was considered one of the worst starting 34OLBs more or less, from what I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    this is what a guy that you guys are claiming to be too old gets lol

Just absurd. I would have guessed half that for Grimes. I guess he's aged well, doesn't seem like he fell off a cliff or anything, but geez.

Also, this is absolutely wild. I couldn't stay off my phone at work lol

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Packers did tender Michael Clark, Justin McCray and, Donatello Brown
    HireGute.com

Packers did tender Michael Clark, Justin McCray and, Donatello Brown

RIP Gene Wilder

Well, robinson and watkins gone. Watkins got way more than i thought and that chiefs offense on paper looks fast!

Been thinking, would you guys rather see us pickup someone like butler or trumaine, or shoot for 2 less guys like Claiborne/breeland/gaines??

Iím not a huge butler guy, so you can count me out on paying him huge dollars. For what itís worth, if gute follows the ďwolf guidelinesĒ that Ron Wolf used when drafting that players need to meet certain physical thresholds, butler is shorter than that typical minimum height requirement if you use his pro day measurement. So thereís a chance we aren interested due to that.

I also think johnson is more of a name than a player. Heís good, but I think his reputation is inflated amongst fans some because he was in the news and franchised twice. Heís a good player and would be our best corner, but I probably lean towards two second tier guys, not one top tier guys, but thatís probably partially because the top tier guys arenít really top tier to me.

some observations on the new leadership in Green Bay. so far all fluff. little action. it's going to be different only it's really not going to be at all. they didn't free up money by redoing veterans contracts and so far there has been no extension of Rodgers giving an idea of what money would be available for any needed positions. to be sure there have been FA signings i would have stayed away from. Gute is wise not to play but you have done almost nothing on your own front giving you the option of making/ signing someone. if you don't want to make a splash in FA that is fine. if you don't act like you are interested you again become irrelevant just like Ted.

I mean, teams canít even officially sign free agents yet, so we can relax a little on saying they arenít any different.

And on the restructures, whatís the point of restructuring before you have to, espeically with the non Rodgers guys. Itís likely that for everyone except maybe Jordy, you would have to add a year or two in a restructure. Which would mean some dead money next year. So we are probably going to figure out what we need to do before restructuring. Why add years and money for next year before we know what we need to free up this year?

As for Rodgers, it was always unlikely that he would sign an extension before cousins signed. He was going to let cousins set the market before he did his thing. And thereís a chance that it still lasts a little bit, because he may want to wait to see what matt Ryan does and see if he signs an extension.

you got some good points Crew. as far as Rodgers i think you attempt (do everything you can) to resign him as soon as possible. when you heard last week Kirk was going to test $25 per year in a bidding with 3 suitors you should have signed him immediately. the money Kirk was going to make was always going to rise. Green Bay learned little by waiting for the market to determine QB value. Flacco destroyed the numbers last time and now with how valuable Rodgers is in our system he might want $30 million per year. Show me the money!

Yeah no reason to open the money until you need to. That's been my thought and comment lately. It's more of a peace of mind to us that they'll do something than something that helps them do it

Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast