Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    I guess I don't understand RFA really well. If they first round tender Gordon all we need to do is offer a first to deal with him right? Then they have a chance to match whatever offer we were to give him?

Of course I wouldn't want to offer our first for Gordon but I don't know that they first round tender him either.

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...-Dix-115465005

Not a fan of this rumored HaHa for Martavis Bryant trade. Unless Pettine doesn't like him, why trade a talented (if inconsistent) young safety for a WR who has a lot of baggage to go along with his upside. If we're going for WRs who've been suspended for entire seasons, let's go for Gordon.
    Ya no thanks on HaHa leaving unless we are looking to bring in a guy like T Math or Earl Thomas or something. Although I think those guys are more SS's.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Ya no thanks on HaHa leaving unless we are looking to bring in a guy like T Math or Earl Thomas or something. Although I think those guys are more SS's.
    ET is a FS all day. IDK what to even call the Honey Badger lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    ET is a FS all day. IDK what to even call the Honey Badger lol
    Well the guy they replaced Honey Badger with is pretty much Morgan Burnett so I figured he was that kinda guy. Realistically Honey Badger is Micah Hyde, just a much better version. But I don't see us getting that so I am not going to even entertain the idea. If we did I would be a lot mad that we didnt just retain Hyde last year. I understand this is a different GM but I cant imagine we get this GM and eveything is Day and Night.

To me, honey badger would be best used how we used Woodson, espeically later in his packer career. Hes a blitzer, nickel corner, covers the tight end, and can play some safety. Hed probably be best in a zone system where he isnt asked just to lock one guy up all day.

Love this idea.
    Trade Dix for Bryant
    Sign Moncreif
    Extend Jordy's contract to make a lower cap hit
    Trade, cut Cobb
    Sign Burnett
    Jones takes over Ha Ha's spot and A Rod has weapons!

Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Love this idea.
    Trade Dix for Bryant
    Sign Moncreif
    Extend Jordy's contract to make a lower cap hit
    Trade, cut Cobb
    Sign Burnett
    Jones takes over Ha Ha's spot and A Rod has weapons!
    Jones shouldn't ever play free safety. Haha is way more valuable than pothead Bryant. It's a terrible idea. IDK why any GB fan would want to do this.

I'm down with Moncreif though. He looks like a nice budget get.

Jones shouldn't ever play free safety. Haha is way more valuable than pothead Bryant. It's a terrible idea. IDK why any GB fan would want to do this.

yup. Trade makes no sense. After fitting all the puzzle pieces and connecting the dots, sure you may end up with a "better" team. But with what PCS said, you can instead just sign Moncreif and draft Derwin James instead of keeping Burnett. Pretty much the same outcome and 3 moves less.

in my opinion we can do better than Moncreif. his career summed up. injury riddled. hugely inconsistent. he played opposite a WR that gets doubled regularly. Indy's TE's would often out catch him and get better yardage.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 02-26-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Well, the new Bortles deal likely means Jaguars keep Allen Robinson so yet another Super Star probably off the market. If we aren't in on Moncrief or Richardson our best shot at getting a solid veteran WR is through a trade.

On the bright side, Eifert has been cleared for Offseason work so that is another option for TE's.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    in my opinion we can do better than Moncreif. his career summed up. injury riddled. hugely inconsistent. he played opposite a WR that gets doubled regularly. Indy's TE's would often out catch him and get better yardage.
    Of course you can. That's why I called it a budget play. I wasn't trying to suggest his the best possible option. Just an interesting one that isn't super expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Well, the new Bortles deal likely means Jaguars keep Allen Robinson so yet another Super Star probably off the market. If we aren't in on Moncrief or Richardson our best shot at getting a solid veteran WR is through a trade.
    I'm probably naive here, why does that mean he stays?

Googled it quick and see why now.. It helped their money situation.

Of course you can. That's why I called it a budget play. I wasn't trying to suggest his the best possible option. Just an interesting one that isn't super expensive.
    Plus lets not forget how inconsistent the QB play has been with Luck out. Although even when Luck was in 2 years ago he had a paltry 10.2 YPC in a largely deep throwing offense.

Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast