Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Edge couldve been a need as much as CB. Unfortuntely King did nothing much in year 1 so not having him wouldnt of mattered.

Im also now more mad about Ryan Ramcyck who we couldve had and still carl lawson over biegel.

Saw this tweet too
    7) GB in 2017 could have had a draft of:

Ryan Ramczyk
    JuJu Smith Schuster
    Eddie Jackson
    Carl Lawson
    George Kittle
    Aaron Jones
    Xavier Woods

They could have also had James Connor, Alvin Kamara, Larry Ogunjobi,

So its more than just Tj Watt. Waaay more

At the end of the day TT was thinking short term
    Almost all those picks from that tweet wouldnt of been the biggest needs at the spot. The Montravius Adams picked is looking pretty stupid though

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Edge couldve been a need as much as CB. Unfortuntely King did nothing much in year 1 so not having him wouldnt of mattered.

Im also now more mad about Ryan Ramcyck who we couldve had and still carl lawson over biegel.

Saw this tweet too
    7) GB in 2017 could have had a draft of:

Ryan Ramczyk
    JuJu Smith Schuster
    Eddie Jackson
    Carl Lawson
    George Kittle
    Aaron Jones
    Xavier Woods

They could have also had James Connor, Alvin Kamara, Larry Ogunjobi,

So its more than just Tj Watt. Waaay more
    I mean every team could do this with every draft. If you looked at any draft you'd go nuts with what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean every team could do this with every draft. If you looked at any draft you'd go nuts with what could have been.
    I wasnt doing it either. I was showing how there was more than just Watt yet thats STILL the only dude anyone focuses on. Obviously you cant play that game and just change every pick lol

Yea I've done that too with regards to watt. Everyone just focuses on him and no one else. I competely agree. Honestly, taking Jones over juju and Kamara looks far worse.

And the other thing that gets me is people point to kings injury history as a reason it was a bad pick. But honestly, watt had a much more extensive injury history than king in college. You can only go off the information you have at the time it happened. And at that time, watt was a bigger injury risk.

That being said, I didn't love the king pick mainly because I didn't love king as a player and don't think our system uses him correctly. Something like Seattle's scheme would have been better for him. But any full man scheme where he has to cover full route trees, primarily in breaking and crossing routes doesn't use his strength. He isn't super quick twitch but he's long and fast. He should be press cover on the outside where he can pass off crossers and use his length and the sidelines to help him.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea I've done that too with regards to watt. Everyone just focuses on him and no one else. I competely agree. Honestly, taking Jones over juju and Kamara looks far worse.

And the other thing that gets me is people point to kings injury history as a reason it was a bad pick. But honestly, watt had a much more extensive injury history than king in college. You can only go off the information you have at the time it happened. And at that time, watt was a bigger injury risk.

That being said, I didn't love the king pick mainly because I didn't love king as a player and don't think our system uses him correctly. Something like Seattle's scheme would have been better for him. But any full man scheme where he has to cover full route trees, primarily in breaking and crossing routes doesn't use his strength. He isn't super quick twitch but he's long and fast. He should be press cover on the outside where he can pass off crossers and use his length and the sidelines to help him.
    I'm to the point that the Packers could have drafted anybody that year and there would still be a group of people who would have *****ed and complained that they didn't draft TJ Watt. Again, if it had been someone with a completely different name and from a completely different college, they would not be so upset.

The Green Bay Narrative
    The Podcast about Packers fans hosted by a Packers fan.
    http://www.thegreenbayguy.com/podcast.html

That why TT had to go. His drafts kept getting worse and worse every year. He shoulda been gone like 3-4 years ago. He really set this team back in the prime of Rodgersí career. Thatís why I think loyalty is a bit overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I'm to the point that the Packers could have drafted anybody that year and there would still be a group of people who would have *****ed and complained that they didn't draft TJ Watt. Again, if it had been someone with a completely different name and from a completely different college, they would not be so upset.
    i don't follow college football so the homer of me being from Wisconsin part doesn't apply. there was a lot of predraft hype about Watt. what Watt did in the preseason, his rise to a starter made me feel more uneasy over the pick. it wasn't the school or the name. it was what he did on the field. it was him becoming a leader by action. it was his disruption on the field. he sometimes over pursued and was out of position but he was a rookie. he was going to get better. i think he finished with 8 sacks in his first year. (i checked, stats say 7.) i felt and feel that Watt with the system we had was going to have more impact.

Watt has been exactly what everyone criticizes Matthews. Of his 7 sacks his rookie year, 3 came against the browns and only 1 came agsinst a team that finished with a winning record. He also only had 1 sack in a loss.

Of his 10 sacks this year, 8 have come in just 3 games. None of those 3 teams have winning records. He again doesn't currently have a sack against a team with a winning record, as 6-6 Carolina is the best team he has a sack against.

Clay finished with 7.5 sacks and that was the exact criticism of him. Everyone said they all came in like 2 games that didn't matter. But watt does the exact same thing. He has 17 career sacks. 1 of those has come in a loss and 1(same sack) was against a team with a winning record, and that was against Jacksonville last year.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516