Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL playoff predictions

Who do you think participates, and wins, the Super Bowl? How do you see the games playing out? My picks are,

Wild Card Round
    #6 Buffalo Bills vs #3 Jacksonville Jaguars-I believe this will be a close game. Jacksonville has a strong pass rush and secondary so Buffalo will have to rely on the run game. However Buffalo already needed to rely on the run game because they don't have that much of a pass attack anyway. On the flip side, Bortles isn't that great and has never played in the playoffs. He could easily bomb and cost the Jags the game. The Jaguars have been the better team this season, but that in no way means they will be the better team this weekend. I am going to pick the Jaguars to win, but I feel the game could go either way. Jaguars 24 Bills 19

#5 Tennessee Titans vs #4 Kansas City Chiefs-I feel pretty good about the Chiefs in this one. They have struggled after going 5-0 to start the season, going 5-6 since, but they are still a good team. Their problem is consistency, something that Alex Smith has struggled with his entire career, but I think they can get past the Titans. Kansas City is extremely talented and should have made the AFC a three-team race instead of the two-team race it's been. Not to be disrespectful to the Titans, but they are only here because DeShaun Watson got hurt. Even with the Bills being a lower seed, the Titans are the weakest playoff team in the AFC, and really the entire league if you look at those NFC teams. Chiefs 30 Titans 17

#6 Atlanta Falcons vs #3 Los Angeles Rams-This is easily the premiere game of the Wild Card Round. You have the defending NFC Champions against the upstart Rams with a star sophomore quarterback and superstar running back. The Rams couldn't score points under Jeff Fischer, but now all of a sudden they can't stop scoring. On top of that, Los Angeles has a very good defense led by Aaron Donald. The Rams are one of the most well-rounded teams in football and will not be an easy out. On the flip side, while they aren't as good as they were a year ago, the Falcons are still a tried and tested team with something to prove. Matt Ryan is the second best QB in the NFC playoffs and Julio Jones is the best offensive weapon. They still have the running back duo of Freeman and Coleman, and Sanu and Gabriel as secondary receivers. That said, since losing the Super Bowl by blowing a 28-3 lead the Falcons have not really been the same. Not all of it comes down to them losing their offensive-coordinator, they just don't have the same chemistry. I see the upstart Rams taking them out. Rams 34 Falcons 24

#5 Carolina Panthers vs #4 New Orleans Saints-In another strong game from the NFC, division rivals square off. While the Panthers didn't go 15-1, unlike that team they look like a team that can handle adversity. McCaffery has given them a different dynamic and Cam can still run with the ball and create plays. Their defense is playing well again and they have more experience than most teams in the NFC playoffs. They don't however, have more experience than Drew Brees. On top of that, New Orleans is playing at home where they play extremely well (7-1 at home this year). The Saints defense is the best it's been since they won the Super Bowl and Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFC playoffs, which will matter in a competitive game. I see New Orleans advancing in a close game. Saints 27 Panthers 20

Divisional Round
    #4 Kansas City Chiefs vs #1 New England Patriots-The Patriots are going to be the favorites in every game they play this postseason, and rightfully so. They are #1 overall team, their home record is just stunning, and they have Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. The Chiefs did beat the Patriots in Foxborough in Week 1 of the season, but much has changed since then. The Chiefs have gone 5-6 since their 5-0 while the Patriots have gone 11-1 after starting 2-2. The Patriots are superior to the Chiefs, and this game will most likely go exactly as we would expect it to. Patriots 33 Chiefs 16

#3 Jacksonville Jaguars vs #2 Pittsburgh Steelers-The Steelers should be able to win this game handily. While Jacksonville has a seriously good pass rush and good secondary, Pittsburgh has the most dangerous collection of offensive threats in the playoffs. If it's not Brown taking over it's Bell. If for whatever reason it's neither of them it's Bryant. Someone is always dominating on the Steelers offense. I know Brown is hurt, but I believe the week off will help him and he will be between 70-80% for this game. Pittsburgh's defense is the best it's been in years which gives them a real chance at winning the Super Bowl. Pittsburgh will simply be too much for Jacksonville, and set up a rematch with the Patriots. Steelers 31 Jaguars 14

#4 New Orleans Saints vs #1 Philadelphia Eagles-In what would be the most anticipated game of the Divisional Round, Drew Brees goes against the best team in the conference. At least they were the best team before Wentz went down. Now, they are still very good not likely to be the favorites. Nick Foles isn't a terrible QB, and the Eagles have a legitimate run game and defense. That will be enough to give them a chance in this game, but I can't pick them to win. The Saints have a legitimate run game and defense also and the much better QB. I expect the Eagles to play with a lot of energy behind an excited home crowd, but the loss of Wentz will be too much. Eagles 17 Saints 27

#3 Los Angeles Rams vs #2 Minnesota Vikings-This one might be the lowest scoring game of the playoffs. The Vikings defense is something special, allowing the fewest points and yards in the league while holding four of their last five opponents to 10 points or less. This game would be a rematch from Week 11 where the Vikings beat the Rams 24-7. In that game, Goff played well but Gurley was held to just 37 rushing yards and 2.5 yards per attempt. That game was also played in Minnesota and while I believe the game will be closer, the outcome will be the same. I see both defenses playing well but Minnesota will shut down Gurley again. Goff won't be able to carry the Rams to the NFC title game. Vikings 17 Rams 10

Championship Round
    #2 Pittsburgh Steelers vs #1 New England Patriots-The rematch everyone is waiting for, far and away the two best teams in the AFC square off with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. Not much has changed between these teams since they met back in Week 15 other than James Harrison joining the Patriots after being cut by the Steelers. I'm certain Harrison can provide information to the Patriots but I'm not sure how pertinent it will be considering the Steelers will just have to change signals. Harrison wasn't brought to the Patriots to tattle on the Steelers, he was signed because the Patriots need pass rushing. Even being in Foxborough, I expect this game to be as tight as the Week 15 game. Brown will likely close to 100% going in and the Steelers are absolutely desperate to beat the Patriots. New England always looks at the task right in front of them and no farther, so they will be prepared for the Steelers energy. It all comes down Tom Brady and if the Steelers defense can slow him down. Brady hasn't played as well toward the end of the season, throwing six touchdowns to five interceptions in his last five games, and Pittsburgh has an improved secondary and strong pass rush. If they can get to Brady and limit his time of possession, the Steelers can easily win this game. One way New England avoids teams being able to get to Brady and limit their offense is by utilizing their versatile running backs. Lewis, White, Burkhead, and Gillislee all contribute for New England. The Patriots also have the unguardable Rob Gronkowski, which the Steelers have no answer for. I expect both teams to put up points and it come down to the final minutes. Ben Roethlisberger is great, but Tom Brady is greater. I expect Brady will once again put the Patriots over in a close game. Patriots 31 Steelers 28

#4 New Orleans Saints vs #2 Minnesota Vikings-In Brees' bid to reach his second Super Bowl, he will be facing the same team he beat to get to his first. However these Vikings are different from that Favre-led team. In 2009, the Vikings were known for their offense with Favre at the helm and Adrian Peterson in his prime. In 2017, the Vikings have an efficient offense but the best defense. Drew Brees is great and will probably have a decent game at least, but Minnesota is going to make life hard for him in this game. The team will be playing with energy hosting the NFC championship because Minnesota will also host the Super Bowl this year. With a win, the Vikings would become the first team in NFL history to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium. New Orleans' defense is potent as well and I expect this game to be relatively low scoring. One main factor for the Vikings is success is their offensive line. They have been able to protect Case Keenum all year and if they continue to do so, the Vikings will continue to succeed. Usually, the team with better quarterback wins in January, but the Vikings defense is too special for me to pick against. On top of that, the Saints do not have the same precision on the road as they do at home. Vikings win and become the first team to play in the Super Bowl in front of their home fans. Vikings 20 Saints 16

Super Bowl 52
    #2 Minnesota Vikings vs #1 New England Patriots-In a game that would mired with history, the Vikings would host the Super Bowl against the great Tom Brady. Brady, playing in his eight Super Bowl, would be vying for his sixth championship, the most all time for a player. The Vikings are 0-4 all time in the Super Bowl and haven't appeared in the big game since 1976. I expect the Patriots would be favored in this game because they are the Patriots, but winning this game would be a monumental task. The crowd would be insanely behind the Vikings, mostly because they are in their home city but also because of their opponents. The Patriots are despised by NFL fans because of how often they win. Since 2001, 17 seasons, the Patriots will be in their eighth super bowl and trying to win their sixth championship. They are literally in the Super Bowl every other year and win the championship every third year. In the more short term, the Patriots would be going for the third championship in four seasons, for the second time in the Brady-Belichick era. As for how this game would go, I would expect another relatively low scoring game. In the seven previous Super Bowls Tom Brady has played in, the Patriots have been outscored 15-0 in the first quarter. As crazy as it sounds, the Patriots have never scored in the first quarter of a Super Bowl with Tom Brady as their quarterback. The average score in the seven games have been Patriots-24.1 Opponents-22.4. I would expect this Super Bowl to be similarly close. The Vikings defense is quick enough to stop the Patriots versatile running backs. Brandin Cooks will probably have trouble creating space down the field. The one thing New England's offense does have that would cause problems for Minnesota's defense is Rob Gronkowski. He would be the X-factor in the game. While New England has a lack of talent at the pass rush position, they weren't terrible at getting to the quarterback this season, tied 7th in the league in sacks. The Vikings offensive line has been of the best all season. Their ability to protect Case Keenum will be paramount for their offense, as it has been all year. While I have no doubt that the Vikings will be able to protect Case Keenum, the bigger question is can Keenum actually stand on the opposite sideline and beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl? The Vikings defense will do their part and keep them in it, but can Keenum put the Vikings over in the fourth quarter when the game is tight? We all know what Tom Brady has done in close Super Bowl games and I have too much respect for Tom Brady to pick Case Keenum winning over him. I would have to see it to believe it, but until then I think Tom Brady will once again rise to the occasion and put the Patriots ahead late in the game, winning Super Bowl MVP in the process. Patriots beat the Vikings on their home field to win the Super Bowl again. Patriots 24 Vikings 21

Some moron on national radio last Sunday night was breaking down the AFC title game between the Steelers and Patriots, like it's a foregone conclusion. I can't blame him for the Patriots assumption. But if the Jaguars win, they go to Pittsburgh, where they blew out the Steelers earlier this season. I don't think Jacksonville beats them again, but they might.

Rams > Falcons
    Saints > Panthers
    Bills > Jags
    Chiefs > Titans

Saints > Eagles
    Vikings > Rams
    Bills > Pats
    Steelers > Chiefs

Bills > Steelers
    Saints > Vikings

Bills > Saints

honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons make it to the Super Bowl again

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Falcons have played like *** most of the year, they're lucky to even be in.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Rams > Falcons
    Saints > Panthers
    Bills > Jags
    Chiefs > Titans

Saints > Eagles
    Vikings > Rams
    Bills > Pats
    Steelers > Chiefs

Bills > Steelers
    Saints > Vikings

Bills > Saints
    u put money on them? super juicy odds. you never know.

I'm gonna say Saints vs Pats this year
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I had Carolina winning the NFC going into the season, so I guess I have to stick with them. But I don't want to, since the Saints have beaten them twice already.

The Patriots will repeat. That, along with the all-SEC national championship game, will complete the nightmare for haters {LOL}.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons lose this week.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Falcons have played like *** most of the year, they're lucky to even be in.
    Eh, they've also looked really good other weeks and that their toughest opponent has been their coaching staff. They're also 10-0 when they've scored at least 17 points this season and if they win this weekend they get to face the Eagles. I feel like they're one of those teams that can pullout a hot four game stretch like the Giants and Ravens did the last few years.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons lose this week.
    ok

lol

ok
    The Falcons don't usually play as well on the road. They also don't have the offense to match LA's.
    IF they do beat LA, they would then have to play in the Philly cold. Good Luck.
    Last edited by John S; 01-03-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    The Falcons don't usually play as well on the road. They also don't have the offense to match LA's.
    IF they do beat LA, they would then have to play in the Philly cold. Good Luck.
    You act as if playing Philly will be some super tough task. No one is afraid of them anymore. Foles can still win a game with the talent the Eagles have, but “have to play in the Philly cold” doesn’t scare anyone.

I won’t be too surprised at any team winning the NFC. I don’t see a scenario in which one of the Pats/Steelers isn’t in the Super Bowl though.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    You act as if playing Philly will be some super tough task. No one is afraid of them anymore. Foles can still win a game with the talent the Eagles have, but “have to play in the Philly cold” doesn’t scare anyone.

I won’t be too surprised at any team winning the NFC. I don’t see a scenario in which one of the Pats/Steelers isn’t in the Super Bowl though.
    Philly WILL be some super tough task.
    GOOD - I HOPE that no one is afraid of the Eagles anymore.
    Playing in the Philly cold will scare dome teams and teams in the warmer climates - which is EVERY team in the NFC playoffs this year.

I see the winner of the Saints/Panthers game winning in Philly and going to Minnesota for the NFCCG.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast