Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I thought Hughson only worked Saturdays. Let's see how many shots he takes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I thought Hughson only worked Saturdays. Let's see how many shots he takes tonight.
    can't watch the game tonight, let my know how many Sedin mentions there are.

I mean why keep the kid in that would help with puck possession? It's better having guys who can't do anything with the puck.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I mean why keep the kid in that would help with puck possession? It's better having guys who can't do anything with the puck.
    Funny that Babcock mentioned rotating the bottom 3, and Polak wasn't in the bottom 3 lol the vets get wayyyy to much slack on this team.

If its Hainsey,Marleau, or JvR fine. but bad players like Polak and Martin, who fail the eye and analytic test should be moved by management. At some point you have to stop the coach from making the team worse.

Babcock is a very good coach but he trusts his vets to a fault. Ask Wings fans about that.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 01-10-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Marner better shoot a billion pucks this off-season. You know he won't shoot. Boys must have taken the buy week early.

The Goat is flying tonight.

Another irritating way to lose a game. Reilly was the best player on the ice tonight but makes one idiotic pinch. Then (Don't know how many times Phaneuf did this in TO) on a 3 on 1 Hainsey skates right at the puck carrier leaving two guys open. Unbelievable. You're taught not to do that in novice hockey at 5 years old. Utter stupidity by both on that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox:32092819
    Another irritating way to lose a game. Reilly was the best player on the ice tonight but makes one idiotic pinch. Then (Don't know how many times Phaneuf did this in TO) on a 3 on 1 Hainsey skates right at the puck carrier leaving two guys open. Unbelievable. You're taught not to do that in novice hockey at 5 years old. Utter stupidity by both on that goal.
    Yeah man, I'm equally frustrated.

The Leafs played well again though. I really think we are about to go on a run here. Hopefully these losses don't discourage them.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98:32092311
    Funny that Babcock mentioned rotating the bottom 3, and Polak wasn't in the bottom 3 lol the vets get wayyyy to much slack on this team.

If its Hainsey,Marleau, or JvR fine. but bad players like Polak and Martin, who fail the eye and analytic test should be moved by management. At some point you have to stop the coach from making the team worse.
    Couldn't agree more!

Last 2 games were pretty frustrating to watch. 1st 2 periods of Columbus game looked good, although they were largely out-played. We all know what happened the last period! The Ottawa games was just a down-right barn fire, exposing so many of the little and big things wrong with this team. T.D. was playing very well, and with a 5 day layoff in the wings, why not play him last night, then send him down?

Here's some observations;
    Whenever Polak, Carrick and Gardiner are on the ice, bad things tend to happen.

Is Matthews playing injured? He doesn't look like the same dominant player from the 1st 20 games.

Did Zac Hyman save Bab's life, or donate an organ to a Lamorillo family member? Other than a grinder, how does a guy with ZERO finish and hands of stone keep playing on the top line?

Are they looking too far ahead? It seems that Babs has them trying to play tighter playoff-style hockey, and the offense has been suffocated. They've strayed too far away from their strengths, and I fear that pretty soon we'll be saying "wait, Florida/Detroit is only 6 points back...how did that happen?"

Has Kadri's family been notified that he's been abducted? 'Nuff said!

Leafs REALLLLLLY need a #1 RHS Dman to pair with Reilly. Hainsey is starting to show his age, and making a few more mistakes consistently. He's better suited as a #3-4 guy, and I think 20 min/game is good. He'll be out of gas by season's end, particularly playing top-pairing minutes.

I think I'm ready to move on from Matt Martin...yes...me, the big proponent of keeping him over Sosh or Kap for the physical presence. Over the past 10-12 games, I haven't seen the intimidating, physical presence from him.

IF they don't bring in a true, responsible 20 goal 1st line winger...a true top pairing RHS Dman, and another 3rd pairing upgrade...and improve their 2nd line C position over Bozak, then I sign off on this team now as a 6 or 7 seed, and out 1st round. It's just not a roster built for a deep run.

Chirping Hockey Dads: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_lgUZtRXCs

Pretty funny video

Quote Originally Posted by passengershawn View Post
    Last 2 games were pretty frustrating to watch. 1st 2 periods of Columbus game looked good, although they were largely out-played. We all know what happened the last period! The Ottawa games was just a down-right barn fire, exposing so many of the little and big things wrong with this team. T.D. was playing very well, and with a 5 day layoff in the wings, why not play him last night, then send him down?

Here's some observations;
    Whenever Polak, Carrick and Gardiner are on the ice, bad things tend to happen.

Is Matthews playing injured? He doesn't look like the same dominant player from the 1st 20 games.

Did Zac Hyman save Bab's life, or donate an organ to a Lamorillo family member? Other than a grinder, how does a guy with ZERO finish and hands of stone keep playing on the top line?

Are they looking too far ahead? It seems that Babs has them trying to play tighter playoff-style hockey, and the offense has been suffocated. They've strayed too far away from their strengths, and I fear that pretty soon we'll be saying "wait, Florida/Detroit is only 6 points back...how did that happen?"

Has Kadri's family been notified that he's been abducted? 'Nuff said!

Leafs REALLLLLLY need a #1 RHS Dman to pair with Reilly. Hainsey is starting to show his age, and making a few more mistakes consistently. He's better suited as a #3-4 guy, and I think 20 min/game is good. He'll be out of gas by season's end, particularly playing top-pairing minutes.

I think I'm ready to move on from Matt Martin...yes...me, the big proponent of keeping him over Sosh or Kap for the physical presence. Over the past 10-12 games, I haven't seen the intimidating, physical presence from him.

IF they don't bring in a true, responsible 20 goal 1st line winger...a true top pairing RHS Dman, and another 3rd pairing upgrade...and improve their 2nd line C position over Bozak, then I sign off on this team now as a 6 or 7 seed, and out 1st round. It's just not a roster built for a deep run.
    I agree it's not a roster built for a long run. The age of a lot of the important players means in time there should be improvement from within. That being said the glaring hole is on defence. I think the team is two top 4 D men away from being a legit contender. Dermott could be one in time. He's trending that way but not there yet. Likely not for another season or two. Also a responsible centre for the PK. Friggin Komarov is taking draws on the PK.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 01-16-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Tuesday, January 16th
    Blues(26-17-3) vs Maple Leafs(25-17-3)
    7:00 pm et
    TSN4

Please put Brown on Kadris line and bump Leo down.. jesus

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast