Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Fans here get insulted when another fan tells the truth. Again, I like KP and think that he is and will be a great player but he has to be tuffer! KP and KG (Kevin Garnett) are and should have similar game. KG changed the game being a 7'er who relied on his midrange jumper and his defense using his length around the paint. KG was very thin and athletic similar to KP as well but what you never saw was other players outside of Shaq pushing him around. LA and Gasol aren't the biggest strongest guys in the paint but they literally abused KP down low last night.

It's not KP's physical strength fellas. It's his heart. It's his lack of court vision to kick it to the open guys when he draws those double and triple teams. He has a lot of the same faults that Melo had in that regard.

So I'm not saying KP is a flop, he is just NOT the man. Maybe he needs to go see the Wizard for some heart and stop all that flopping. KP's jersey is on the floor more than the towelboys towel.

I grew up and went to high school with Conzo Martin who is Missou coach. He is guaranteeing that Michael Porter Jr is not entering the draft this summer. Porter has some serious problems with his back and maybe damaged goods. So please stop hoping for him in the draft. Even if the Knicks make the playoffs and get a later pick, the SFs, SGs will all be available. This draft is big man heavy so it will be ok picking 15-30 for what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I like KP but I've been telling other Knicks fans that he is not the type of player to take the Knicks to a championship. KP is way too soft and inconsistent. He literally stood under the basket a couple times tonight while LA and Gasol and even Kyle Anderson just tried harder than he did on the boards. He never recognizes the double teams coming and almost never makes anybody around him better with his passes.

Look, I say all these same things when they win too. The only difference is his shots are usually falling in games they win but that and a couple of blocked shots is all he does in most games.

Sounds ridiculous but Beasley is a more efficient scorer, out rebounds KP in less minutes played, and is definitely a better passer. Beasley should start games at SF next to KP just because he can create his own shot which will create space for open shooter.

KP is just too soft to be the man on a championship level team. KP needs a universal player who will get in his face or anybody else on the team when they let the opponent push them around. Noah should get Qs minutes because he brings toughness and length.

Now let's watch the Morris twin man handle KP tomorrow...
    I think he'll get better at that stuff. He's 22 and still figuring things out. I'm just really bothered that he misses so many open and/or easy shots.

KP struggle might be because of mental, too much iso and refs who are letting players be more physical against him.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I think I've said this before...in the beginning of the season....KP can't post up bigger stronger players....he just can't.....He obviously has a tough time with LA but he was constantly attempting to post him up. KP is a perimeter player.

The reason I wanted to start BEASLEY from the start was because of his physicality and toughness ...ability to rebound and post up guys. I didn't know dude could score like that.

Lets start Beasley until Timmy gets back....bring Lance off the bench for defense and hustle.

When KP has an advantage on his man, then we post him up but lets get Beasley down on the post up and spot KP up more....both buys can run and Beasley is a pretty good passer as well.....he's really thriving in this offense.

We got to move Lance, just not a fan of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by thenyknicks View Post
    Kp is getting double and triple teamed right now. Defenses are focusing to stop him. As the main guy, he feels he still needs to get his shots off even if they are bad shots and the Knicks really have no other choice.
    This season is a growth season for him anyway. Heís not going to be at his greatest unless his body gets way stronger and heís able to handle this kind of defensive focus, he still needs a couple of seasons for this.

In this particular game, the Knicks just didnít play well. The spurs kept getting to the rim, and the Knicks just kept chucking outside shots. They just got schooled.
    This just isnít what happened. Kp was not doubled and tripled. He got the same looks he was hitting at the start of the season and this has been true many times since the elbow faired up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by PJAF View Post
    KP will be fine.There are a few teams that have his number, but for the most part, that is true about other players too. Very few guys can go and play their A game night in and night out. As far as PF's I can think of only a few in the past when they were in their prime so i am not worried about KP.
    I think he is going to be a great player regardless I just hope he can consistently become a guy you can play through and control pace with. Yeah he can pick and roll, run the floor, etc but if he can be a 7í3 dirk in the mid post he is a monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Backup player in France. He is 19. He doesn't have the aggressiveness built in - through habits - yet. It's different then college where say DSJ has to be the alpha - Frank never had to do that. Learning to be alpha might take longer than learning how to adjust to anything else in NBA. Kid is a project. We all know that. We have to wait. We just played a man (K. Leonard) that was the same type of raw defensive talent coming out of college. It took him years to get a shot and to become more assertive. We act like we bout to win a chip tomorrow. We have time to let him develop. Enjoy the process.
    We not about to win chip and it maybe premature but by watching these games you cannot say he currently has a healthy fear to go inside. Start him and let's force him to start learning so we can get that lotto ball this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    We not about to win chip and it maybe premature but by watching these games you cannot say he currently has a healthy fear to go inside. Start him and let's force him to start learning so we can get that lotto ball this year.
    Frank has his flaws obviously but I also want to see him start soon. Pretty sure his +/- is still consistently better than Jack's...

I said that in another thread. KP at the beginning of the season, was constantly moving, receiving and shooting. It was a quick decisive sequence. Defenses adapted and he stopped moving, probably also because playing 35 minutes a night, being banged up and having all the responsibility is a lot for a 7 3 bean pole to ask for. He needs to adapt, his body is still three years behind his height. BUT also hornacek and the PG's have to make a better job, getting him into moving, rythm and his spots as long as he can't overpower guys. They need to be more creative. Timmeh will help.
    `

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Agreed we need to add a top talent this year with KP but my concern is Frank. It may be to early to be concerned but damn this guy truly looks afraid to get into the paint or finish at the rim. When he was on that one on one break did you see him hesitate, look back then get his shot blocked from behind. Damn you ar 6"5 take that **** to the rim. He looked like he was hoping someone was trailing so he could dump the ball off. At 6"5 he should be a nightmare match up with opposing guard especially with his length but he limits his own effectiveness with his unwillingness to go the basket or only willing to take shots if he is completely open or hiding behind a screen.
    I'm not concerned about Frank long term but I agree with you he is absolutely still reluctant and timid to go to the basket and try and create. He just wants to set up the offense as it is drawn up and fit in. There is something to be said for that but at times I've seen him get his guy on his hip which should have the man beat and instead of taking the angle and getting inside he immediately pulls out or passes out before making the defense help and collapse. So I absolutely agree with you. I just think we need to give him more time. I also agree with you that Jeff can start to force the issue a bit and tell him he needs to create. Frank seems to have very high bball iq and very good court awareness, but he also seems to be timid and lacks confidence at times. I think Jeff has already pushed him to be more aggressive in looking for his shot and I think Jeff needs to force the issue more and make him penetrate. As you said who cares what we do W&L wise. I would play games with Frank and reward him in some way for getting into the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    I'm not concerned about Frank long term but I agree with you he is absolutely still reluctant and timid to go to the basket and try and create. He just wants to set up the offense as it is drawn up and fit in. There is something to be said for that but at times I've seen him get his guy on his hip which should have the man beat and instead of taking the angle and getting inside he immediately pulls out or passes out before making the defense help and collapse. So I absolutely agree with you. I just think we need to give him more time. I also agree with you that Jeff can start to force the issue a bit and tell him he needs to create. Frank seems to have very high bball iq and very good court awareness, but he also seems to be timid and lacks confidence at times. I think Jeff has already pushed him to be more aggressive in looking for his shot and I think Jeff needs to force the issue more and make him penetrate. As you said who cares what we do W&L wise. I would play games with Frank and reward him in some way for getting into the lane.
    Agree with both - I'm not necessarily concerned about it though as he's a kid and these are his first months in the toughest league in the world. But it is an area that he personally needs to improve upon, and equally as importantly, our coaching staff needs to develop with him and instill confidence as he grows as a player. I do think he'll get there within a couple seasons, and we'll see growth along the way. He's not unathletic or slow, and that's big imo. It's more of a mental thing with him where he needs to learn when he can attack - again that's on him as he develops to figure it out, and our coaching/development team.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Backup player in France. He is 19. He doesn't have the aggressiveness built in - through habits - yet. It's different then college where say DSJ has to be the alpha - Frank never had to do that. Learning to be alpha might take longer than learning how to adjust to anything else in NBA. Kid is a project. We all know that. We have to wait. We just played a man (K. Leonard) that was the same type of raw defensive talent coming out of college. It took him years to get a shot and to become more assertive. We act like we bout to win a chip tomorrow. We have time to let him develop. Enjoy the process.
    Really, really good point.

The new Yankee star, Luke Voit

Frank early on against Wash is being aggressive great to watch

Great points and good comparison to Leonard. I think Frank has a chance to be GREAT one day.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567