Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    would you guys take barzal or patrick? Barzal is a freaking stud
    They were pretty much the same caliber of prospect in their respective draft years. How Kyle Connor and Barzal ever fell to the middle of the 1st round I'll never understand. As much as I'm happy they moved up to get Konecny, I was screaming for Connor on draft. That said, right now you have to take Barzal even if he is 2 years farther along in his development.

anything to see weise out of the lineup. hopefully next game. If weise killed pk's i woulnd't mind it as much but he doesn't do ANYTHING
    It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other for me. The most important thing about it is this: it's the wrong call up. We need to find out more about Vecchione who's more suited for that role, and Martel probably needs a shot based on his hot start. A real one. In 2 or so weeks, bring up Lindblom, too. It's sadly just not going to happen though.

Well the overall from this game is: we actually have been beating the Islanders to death. Which is nice to see.

But it also probably means more Brandon ****ing Manning.

EDIT: And the Islanders score the moment I press "post".

Also, what the **** is Hakstol doing putting Weise and Manning on the damn PP over Koneceny right now?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other for me. The most important thing about it is this: it's the wrong call up. We need to find out more about Vecchione who's more suited for that role, and Martel probably needs a shot based on his hot start. A real one. In 2 or so weeks, bring up Lindblom, too. It's sadly just not going to happen though.

I've mentioned before there are 3 or 4 guys that deserve a shot that just aren't going to get it. I thought Martel actually looked pretty good and wasn't really given a fair shot. I also think he should have been with G or Jake. Vecchione makes a lot of sense on the 4th line and if Lindblom keeps up his strong play, he can't be far. But who sits out? To me Weise is the only easy choice. But they have such a hard on for him I don't know if he'll ever sit out again. Leier and Weal are the only guys to sit out and those are guys I want to see play.

Manning reminds me of one of those solid bench players in baseball. Performs well in short stints but once you start playing him regularly you see the law of diminishing returns. He is the perfect 7th D guy really. How much longer are we going to see Sanheim sitting out? So frustrating.

Are they seriously going to blow a 3 goal lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    I've mentioned before there are 3 or 4 guys that deserve a shot that just aren't going to get it. I thought Martel actually looked pretty good and wasn't really given a fair shot. I also think he should have been with G or Jake. Vecchione makes a lot of sense on the 4th line and if Lindblom keeps up his strong play, he can't be far. But who sits out? To me Weise is the only easy choice. But they have such a hard on for him I don't know if he'll ever sit out again. Leier and Weal are the only guys to sit out and those are guys I want to see play.

Manning reminds me of one of those solid bench players in baseball. Performs well in short stints but once you start playing him regularly you see the law of diminishing returns. He is the perfect 7th D guy really. How much longer are we going to see Sanheim sitting out? So frustrating.

Are they seriously going to blow a 3 goal lead?
    BSH made a good point that they seem to be holding Sanheim accountable for his defensive lapses at times, which he's had. But he's been driving play at a good clip. At the same time, despite shooting more tonight, Hagg has zero offensive game and the team doesn't seem to want to hold him accountable for his inability to drive offensive play, which doesn't make much sense. Both should be held accountable or neither should be.

Manning is a great 7th guy. I wouldn't mind if he played 30 games if he had to because of injuries. It's another thing to sit Sanheim so Manning can play.

It's good to see the Flyers still have a pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    For me, its not 6 in one hand, 6 in the other (and after this game I think you would agree). I don't want anything to do with weise or manning. The fact that manning actually gets pp time over sanheim tells me he wants to win to keep his job, like you said earlier. He is just trying to be safe.

A powerplay with manning-provorov-patrick-weal-weise is just unbearable/unacceptable when you have tk/sanheim in the lineup.

To hold sanheim accountable for his D lapses is one thing, but to put manning on the pp over sanheim is asanine to me. Mannning, amac...hell even most of the dcore make as many mistakes as sanheim. We win and we have sanheim sit more games...worse combo haha.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 01-05-2018 at 04:52 PM.

For me, its not 6 in one hand, 6 in the other (and after this game I think you would agree). I don't want anything to do with weise or manning. The fact that manning actually gets pp time over sanheim tells me he wants to win to keep his job, like you said earlier. He is just trying to be safe.

A powerplay with manning-provorov-patrick-weal-weise is just unbearable/unacceptable when you have tk/sanheim in the lineup.
    Considering manning has a 3 game pts streak, and the second unit had a goal last night. Don't expect that to change.

To hold sanheim accountable for his D lapses is one thing, but to put manning on the pp over sanheim is asanine to me. Mannning, amac...hell even most of the dcore make as many mistakes as sanheim. We win and we have sanheim sit more games...worse combo haha.
    He seems to be following the same playbook as with Ghost and TK......at a certain point in the season give them some games of "to see things from above" ....Hakstol does't seem the guy to change his roster after a win so I'm assuming Saturday is the same lineup as Thursday

No. I still think it's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other between Weise, Goulbourne and Lehtera. None of them need to be there over a few other guys. That's why I said that. Whether it's Dale Weise or Rinaldo Jr in Goulbourne, neither have an argument over someone like Vecchione or someone. Which is why between the three I really couldn't care less who's in the lineup...because they're all wrong.

And with Manning...yeah that's a completely different story. That's a joke. Sanheim sitting in favor of Manning is a joke.

Wonder which team will show up today.............

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Wonder which team will show up today.............
    My guess? The good one, just because Ghoulbourne & Manning are in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    My guess? The good one, just because Ghoulbourne & Manning are in the lineup.
    Leier was a -3 last game so Lehtera will probably be in also.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast