Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rehasing old trades are silly. The Flyers got a steal when they got Mason for free. Is he Bobrovsky? No. But we got a good (not great, but pretty good) goalie for free, on the return.
    i'm not interested in who won the trade, i'm interested in how people reacted to it at the time.

learn from the past, and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Joy. I just don't get it.

I'm all for some of these kids getting their chances to prove sustained success at the AHL level. I'm not huge on Vecchione and think he's probably a 4th liner. But realistically, he should be getting a shot well before Goulebourne who adds nothing to the current roster.
    I don't get this move at all. If I am vecchione or lindblom I would be pissed lol. Why not just bring up martel again? Kinda confused on this

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    I don't get this move at all. If I am vecchione or lindblom I would be pissed lol. Why not just bring up martel again? Kinda confused on this
    Bc he's being brought up to play on the 4th line and probably play on the pk. You aren't calling those guys up to play 8 mins a night on the 4th line. On the plus side, Hakstol can't ruin Goulbourne because he already sucks.

Fun fact though...Goulbourne was taken 72nd overall taken after him:

Pavel Buchnevich 75th
    Jake Geuntzel 77th
    Mattias Janmark 79th
    Anthony Duclair 80th
    Sven Adrighetto 86th
    Anton Slepyshev 88th
    Oliver Bjorkstrand 89th

And that's just the rest of the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Fun fact though...Goulbourne was taken 72nd overall taken after him:

Pavel Buchnevich 75th
    Jake Geuntzel 77th
    Mattias Janmark 79th
    Anthony Duclair 80th
    Sven Adrighetto 86th
    Anton Slepyshev 88th
    Oliver Bjorkstrand 89th

And that's just the rest of the 3rd round.
    oh god lol. bjorkstrand or buch would have been amazing

Bc he's being brought up to play on the 4th line and probably play on the pk. You aren't calling those guys up to play 8 mins a night on the 4th line. On the plus side, Hakstol can't ruin Goulbourne because he already sucks.
    what happened to leier? Hopefully he can do something on the pk

OH MY FREAKING GOD:

WEISE AND LEHTERA BOTH OUT:

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
    Raffl - Filppula - Voracek
    Weal - Patrick - Simmonds
    Leier - Laughton - Goulbourne

PLEASE let this be true. I would take simmonds out of the pk, have him be moroe focused on EV and PP. Ride with couts, raffl, filppula, laughton, leier, goulbourne.

in acknowledgement of his callup, here's the 2013 draft thread, starting from where we took goulbourne:

Flyers take Tyrell Goulbourne, LW.

Touted as a tough, hard-working forward.
    lol I thought he was a center!! Either way, a fighting Forward.
    Seems like there is a pattern here. With Morin and now Goldbourne another fighter/scrapper. Back to the broadstreet Bully days? That doesn't seem to work in the 2013 NHL. Not sure
    Seems like a kinda crummy pick. Rather take a project with a bit of upside.
    Seen as a hard worker, willing to go through a wall, leadership qualities, well respected and loved by his teammates, brings a lot of energy.
    Eh, I'm not sold on Subban. Right now, he's just a name. He's a bit small to play D in the NHL. I've got no issues with not picking him, but picking a fighter seems to be a waste of a pick in today's NHL.
    I left to walk the dog, I come back and see that we passed on Sven and picked a center thats stats resemble a tough guy?
    Yeah, that pick is a good one to keep the remotes away from the TV. Very disappointed there.
    I went to eat and come back to the Flyers taking another god**mn fighter??
    I'm happy with the Hagg pick, but the rest are kind of head scratchers.
    I'll "deal" with the Morin pick because of upside, blah blah, but Goulbourne was an absolute garbage pick.
    Yeah I would have liked to have sen Bjorkstrand there. He's got speed and skill, nice upside. Was projected a as second round talent.
    Goulborne wasn't even drafted last year, and likely wouldnt have been drafted this year. if you like the kid, invite him to camp, but good lord, don't waste a pick on him. I'd have rather picked up a project of any kind, rather than Riley F-ing Cote 2.0.
    If by Flyers guy you mean thug who can't play hockey, I agree. Obviously I am disappointed with the Goulborne pick.
    Ghoul-Bourne is garbarge. Why the hell do they draft Riley Cote 1.5, when Sven(potential 2nd line), bjorkstrand, and subban are all available. Waste of a 3rd rounder when you can sign a undrafted free agent after the draft who is a BETTER PLAYER. This draft is meh. If Morin doesnt work out than its terrible. (even if Haag is decent)
    yeah, Hagg looks like the pick of the litter. ****ing goulborne. I feel for the kid in a way, he got drafted in the NHL and the draft isnt over and he's already hated by the fanbase lol
    The Goulborne pick makes no sense at all though. We have Rinaldo. We have Rosehill, and we could have gotten Goulborne later or signed as a free agent. He was passed over completely last year, we could have taken him in the 7th likely. Using the third on a guy I highly doubt gets drafted by another team seems wasteful.
    Gys come on. Anything after even the first round of a draft is a crapshoot. So what the point of getting all upset over it...

We drafted an energy guy in the third round. Big deal. We're there arguably better players on the board, yeah sure. Truth is, nobody knows.
    Why waste that pick a potential 4th liner when you could waste it on a potential 2nd liner and then sign a carbon copy of Ghoul-bourne after the draft?
    Exactly. Its not that Im getting upset, its just extremely confusing on why they would pick a player whose highest potential is Dan Carcillo......over a guy like Sven Andreghetto or Bjorkstrand who could be 3rd/2nd liner if they reach the maximum potential.
    definitely a weird pick right there. Its a fine player to draft, but not typically someone you get in round 3. Who knows maybe he has a great 2 way game and they think he'll be a be a big contributor on the PK
    If he becomes max talbot or Zac Rinaldo Ill be ok with it, Im just worried that they passed on to many potential high quality players there.
    lol a lot of people are pissed about Ghoulbourne lol... I agree there was plenty of more people ahead that we could of and should of taken. But hell Ill just hold my lip until I see him and what he can possibly do
    Exactly. I don't care so much about a 3rd rounder never making it to the NHL. I don't really expect them to really make it. But one that looks from the get go like he's got no chance of making it...that's hard to accept.
    Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED 3m
    ISS compares Samuel Morin to Tyler Myers. Compares Robert Hagg to John Carlson.
    Hagg might have saved our draft ... i think we can slot him in as our 5/6 guy in 2014/2015 ... if anyone watched world jr's, you know we got an every day player in him in the future
    And how could anyone hate on a Rinaldo clone? Lol! Honestly after the 2nd rd even in a draft this deep becomes a complete crap shoot. Hell at least half the pick's made were off the board picks, so many teams just went out and picked their type's of guys.
    it's been a long time since the Flyers missed on a 1st round pick. I'll put my money on that before i put it on stats from some computer nerds.
    and yes, the 3rd round pick GHOUL-bourne best case scenario is probobly a Zac Rinaldo type player, but the most likely is that he wont even make it to the NHL. I hate that pick.
    congrats, tyrell. you proved 'random message board poster from 5 years ago' wrong.

this guy saw it coming, though:
    I really don't see any of the rest of their picks ever seeing the NHL, maybe Goulbourne as an injury call up.

this is from a bill meltzer that was linked after that 2013 draft:
    The Flyers will need to show a lot of patience with Morin and not pull the plug on him too fast if his early progress is slow or there are some seeming backward steps along the way. He is still exceptionally raw, and it's going to be a long process. Morin may not be pro-ready for two more seasons, may need as much as a full year in the American Hockey League at age 20 and it could take two or three NHL years beyond that before he might become the finished product the organization envisions.
    International Scouting Services ranked Morin as the second most "overrated" prospect in the Draft pool and Hägg as the fourth most overrated. Strangely, ISS also ranked Hägg as the third best offensive defenseman in the Draft, behind only Seth Jones and Josh Morrissey while also rating Hägg's defensive skills as "very good" (on an ascending rating scale of below average, average, good, very good and excellent). I'm not exactly sure how the same scouting service would rate the player so high offensively, praise his defensive upside and then dismiss him as overrated.

OH MY FREAKING GOD:

PLEASE let this be true. I would take simmonds out of the pk, have him be moroe focused on EV and PP. Ride with couts, raffl, filppula, laughton, leier, goulbourne.
    I honestly would rather see Patrick back on a line with Jake. I don't feel like we gave that enough time to work out. Better option than Flip there and Nolan needs time with better players. Hak isn't giving any lines enough time to build chemistry, so at the least, if these are the lines, he should stick with them for 10 games or so...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I honestly would rather see Patrick back on a line with Jake. I don't feel like we gave that enough time to work out. Better option than Flip there and Nolan needs time with better players. Hak isn't giving any lines enough time to build chemistry, so at the least, if these are the lines, he should stick with them for 10 games or so...
    i would too but at least he has familiarity with simmonds and weal.

Dude, Goulbourne is straight trash. Don't try and justify his call up lol!

OH MY FREAKING GOD:

This lineup makes me happy. Would've been nice if they could've called up a legitimate potential NHL 4th liner in Veccione rather than a known bum...but I digress.

This lineup makes me happy. Would've been nice if they could've called up a legitimate potential NHL 4th liner in Veccione rather than a known bum...but I digress.
    anything to see weise out of the lineup. hopefully next game. If weise killed pk's i woulnd't mind it as much but he doesn't do ANYTHING

would you guys take barzal or patrick? Barzal is a freaking stud

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast