Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Every time this team has a few days off they always come back uninspired and not ready to play. That's gotta be on the coach.

Time to move on from a bunch of vets. Seems like we aren't in a hurry to move forward so might as well entertain offers for everyone. There is no one on this team that would be safe if the offer was right. If Hextall won't make a coaching change, then it's time for him to go too.

I just don't understand this team. I agree, the lack of urgency and being prepared starts with the coach. We continually play guys who don't belong on the ice while we sit and decrease the confidence of our young guys. I sit here and watch the Penguins fourth line score two goals within minutes. I just don't get it. We are stuck in neutral. We have the prospects, we have a handful of solid veterans, what are we missing, a coach? I unfortunately don't get many of the Flyers games so I can only go on the ones I do get, which like tonight aren't always the good ones. Maybe someone watching on a regular basis can give me a little more insight.
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

we just don't have enough firepower to keep up with...*squints*...ryan reaves...and...*strains eyes*...jamie oleksiak.

did anyone ever see the movie "serenity"? how about the "doctor who" episode "gridlock"?

I just don't get it. We are stuck in neutral. We have the prospects, we have a handful of solid veterans, what are we missing
    fear.
    urgency.
    hunger.
    ambition.

it's not that simple, but it would help if there was anyone in the organization who just appeared to care when the team is not playing well.

really big missed opportunity here

I don't for the life of me understand why dale weise gets pp time and TK gets absolutely none. amac was terrible on the pk and handcuffed provorov on one of them.

I hate the amac-hagg pairing. It gives the puck moving job to amac and that spells disaster. I don't know why provorov has never been paired up with gudas.

provorov-gudas
    hagg-ghost
    sanheim-amac

Why is there no change coming for the pk? Its been one of the biggest downfalls of this team. Its such a huge momentum breaker. We are going to a couple pk's per game, it almost seems as if the team tries so hard not to make a mistake because they know they can't trust the pk to do anything.

Next game is a must win if they want to gain some ground. Come on boys.

NJ and Vegas continue to roll. Many here thought they would slow down but they are both most likely going to be a playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    NJ and Vegas continue to roll. Many here thought they would slow down but they are both most likely going to be a playoff team.
    Stats show that teams tend to stay where they are at in the standings when December hits.

2nd pp is back to being awful. I would add sanheim in there to mix it up. We have let in several shorties and if they want to "mix" things up by adding dale weise you might as well try a 2 D unit.

from the 2012 bobrovski traded to CBJ thread:
    Hate it.

I'm gonna love watching him be the backbone of that franchise in 3 years, though.
    I am right with you and will not hesitate for a moment to wallpaper this forum with "I told you so" posts 5 years from now when Bryzgalov is an expensive backup and Bobrovski is a top 5-10 goalie in the league.
    very solid move by homer ... good bye bob ... thanks for making that year with boocher easier to watch.
    Not thrilled with the return. Should've gotten more, but at least he's going to CBJ. Its not like Howson has a realistic shot of putting a decent team in front of him any time soon.
    Should have gotten more.I hate to see Bob go especially since now we have no choice but to put all our hope in Bryz and I for one am worried...
    I do understand what Homer is trying to do and I still have faith in him his decisions have been great for the most part..
    ok enough of the fighting back and forth on whether it was a good move or not.

fact of the matter is, it was necessary. at the least, it makes Bryz more comfortable knowing he doesn't have a 23 year old backing him up. at the most, it sheds salary and gets them something in return.

i just think this move is a precursor to something else. has to be.
    Bob has all the talent in the world, his flaws in North American hockey become cured with experience. When the guy is 27, watch out.
    Homer has a uncanny ability to find undrafted talent out there...and he turned Bob into 3 draft picks...
    look, like it or not, Bryz is here for the long-haul.

postscript:
    bobrovski literally won the vezina that next year
    bryzgalov was bought out the next summer

Goulbourne will save the day. His goal scoring prowess is just what this team needs to get into the playoffs. I can't wait to see a line of him, Weise, and Lehtera. The speed and skill will put fear into opposing teams.

Bad trades happen. Every franchise in every sport in the history of forever has made one. Most have done so in the last 10 years. It also doesn't really change some of the arguments that it was necessary. The Flyers made the wrong choice in terms of goaltending the day they signed Byrzgalov. I wasn't happy about that contract then, I hated it through the lifespan. With that said, the Flyers realistically had to deal Bobrovsky, the Blue Jackets got a hell of a deal on the other end. Which happens.

Rehasing old trades are silly. The Flyers got a steal when they got Mason for free. Is he Bobrovsky? No. But we got a good (not great, but pretty good) goalie for free, on the return.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    Goulbourne will save the day. His goal scoring prowess is just what this team needs to get into the playoffs. I can't wait to see a line of him, Weise, and Lehtera. The speed and skill will put fear into opposing teams.
    Joy. I just don't get it.

I'm all for some of these kids getting their chances to prove sustained success at the AHL level. I'm not huge on Vecchione and think he's probably a 4th liner. But realistically, he should be getting a shot well before Goulebourne who adds nothing to the current roster.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast