Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Anyone else think this year’s NHL schedule has sucked for the fans because of all the long gaps, but for the first year in a while we benefitted from breaks in the schedule (they came during the start of bad play/needed time to regroup)?

Things to note, I’m thrilled that Dale Weise is finally not playing at all

Patrick centered Voracek and Simmonds at practice Monday and projected to today ... he has been “promoted” to 2nd line center and has been a stud over the last 12 games. Well deserved.

Yes.......there are not nearly enough games.........................

when we're winning

and too many games.......................

when we're losing

Laughton is a great option as a 3C. Even better when Vorobyov is ready which leads me to...

I don't want any part of Filppula coming back. He's done and it gets real ugly when you look at the underlying numbers. There is no need to sign a Plekanec or Sedin either.

No I don't want another bad contract back for MacDonald.

No to dumpster diving.
    laughton's career high in points is 21. i'm fine with him as a 2nd or 3rd choice, but he's not a great option for anything yet.

filppula is overexposed as the 2nd/3rd line center, but i think he's a good fit as a 3rd line LW/4th line C. i'd rather have him on a contract similar to weal's (2 years/3.5MM) than weise, lehtera and probably weal.

all bad contracts are not equal. turning macdonald into brandon sutter would be addition by subtraction for our defense corps and would give us a legit checking line (laughton-sutter-raffl).

there's no risk in dumpster diving. NYR pulled grabner out of a dumpster and he's given them 50 goals in a year and a half. they also got good value out of nick holden and desharnais. CBJ pulled gagner last year and he gave them 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    laughton's career high in points is 21. i'm fine with him as a 2nd or 3rd choice, but he's not a great option for anything yet.

filppula is overexposed as the 2nd/3rd line center, but i think he's a good fit as a 3rd line LW/4th line C. i'd rather have him on a contract similar to weal's (2 years/3.5MM) than weise, lehtera and probably weal.

all bad contracts are not equal. turning macdonald into brandon sutter would be addition by subtraction for our defense corps and would give us a legit checking line (laughton-sutter-raffl).

there's no risk in dumpster diving. NYR pulled grabner out of a dumpster and he's given them 50 goals in a year and a half. they also got good value out of nick holden and desharnais. CBJ pulled gagner last year and he gave them 50 points.
    Filppula is overexposed as a 4th line center let alone 2nd line center at this point. Leighton has driven play regardless of his liberates. He's proven already that he's ready for a larger role.

Filppula is overexposed as a 4th line center let alone 2nd line center at this point. Leighton has driven play regardless of his liberates. He's proven already that he's ready for a larger role.
    that's either autocorrect or sleep deprivation.

i'm not against laughton earning the spot next year, but he hasn't proven anything yet. it might be worth considering if he picks up his production after the deadline, but if that doesn't happen, he can't be plan A next year.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    that's either autocorrect or sleep deprivation.

i'm not against laughton earning the spot next year, but he hasn't proven anything yet. it might be worth considering if he picks up his production after the deadline, but if that doesn't happen, he can't be plan A next year.
    Well...he has proven things. He's proven he can drive play. And he's proven whomever his linemates are, he can hang. He hasn't proven he can drive play on a higher line, but he really hasn't been given that opportunity this year. So while it's easy to say he *hasn't* proven it, he also hasn't proven that he can't since he's begun to figure out the NHL.

well, new 2nd line paying off early.

Nice start. Give the kid good linemates and see what he can do. And I don't want to compare Laughton to Couturier, but look what happened to Couts when he got good wingers. Might be time to try him at 3rd line C. It would be nice to see some more young guys and no more Weise, Lehtera, Goulbourne, or Filppula. Gimme Leier, Lindblom and NAK or Vecchione.

Top 2 lines on the board early.

Like I said before keep playing Manning and it will hurt you.

What an absolutely brutal 2nd period by Manning and Neuvy. Manning showing why he is at best a 7th D. Difference has been goaltending. Holtby standing on his head and Neuvy can't stop anything.

Neuvirth has pretty much sucked ever since returning from injury.

Didn’t see the game but saw the highlights, sweet mitts by Patrick ... love to see that. He is starting to show “16” year old Patrick that looked like Auston Matthews lite in the WHL ... him and Couturier as 1 and 2 is just a godsend

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Didn’t see the game but saw the highlights, sweet mitts by Patrick ... love to see that. He is starting to show “16” year old Patrick that looked like Auston Matthews lite in the WHL ... him and Couturier as 1 and 2 is just a godsend
    Who played well and who didn’t?

MacDonald and Manning looked terrible like normal. Patrick looked good. Unless Lyons steps up we are in trouble in net.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930