Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official: Ted Thomson out as Green Bay GM

Wow!

@RapSheet
    Sources: #Packers GM Ted Thompson is expected to transition into a new role within the organization. The team will begin a search for a new GM. Bombshell.

One has to wonder if axing Capers wasn't enough to save Thompson, if it will also mean the end for McCarthy.

I was expecting Norm to be on here by now but I guess he's abandoned PSD for the other forum he is usually referencing.

Rodgers was able to mask the ****** job Thompson/McCarthy have done with that team up until he got hurt. Good move for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Rodgers was able to mask the ****** job Thompson/McCarthy have done with that team up until he got hurt. Good move for them.
    TT was a damn good GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    One has to wonder if axing Capers wasn't enough to save Thompson, if it will also mean the end for McCarthy.
    I don't think McCarthy is done because most likely the Packers are hiring from within either Eliot Wolf, Brian Gutekunst or, Russ Ball the top 3 names being thrown around.

If the Packers would be hiring someone from the outside then yeah I would agree MM would probably be done.

RIP Gene Wilder

Pretty sure his transition to another role and promoting one of the guys the Niners interviewed came up during the last off season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Pretty sure his transition to another role and promoting one of the guys the Niners interviewed came up during the last off season.
    Eliot Wolfe. Packers have been receiving interview requests about him for the past few years but they've just been promoting him to keep him here. But they know he's only going to stick around for so long before he bolts elsewhere.

this might be... the best day of my packer life outside of superbowl wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I was expecting Norm to be on here by now but I guess he's abandoned PSD for the other forum he is usually referencing.
    he is losing his mind right now after hearing this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    this times 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    TT was a damn good GM

No... No he wasnt but keep drinking the Kool aid...Not hard to GM when you have Rodgers and live by the draft.... He had no nuts outside of drafting rodgers.. He took no risks unless he bent a player or a team over... He never hit on first round picks outside of rodgers either and the insane weapons people speak of when they leave this team become **** or when rodgers goes down become ****... A trained monkey could have GM the packers.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    No... No he wasnt but keep drinking the Kool aid...Not hard to GM when you have Rodgers and live by the draft.... He had no nuts outside of drafting rodgers.. He took no risks unless he bent a player or a team over... He never hit on first round picks outside of rodgers either and the insane weapons people speak of when they leave this team become **** or when rodgers goes down become ****... A trained monkey could have GM the packers.
    Look at his draft history and tell me which gms could do better

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I don't care what anyone else says TT was a good gm, wasn't great but, was good. He had a talent for finding mid to late round gems in the draft, he signed Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett and was able to find guys to to plug in play the year the Packers miraculously ran through the playoffs on the way to the super bowl. 8 consecutive playoff appearances, multiple NFC Championship game appearances.

Did he make all the right decisions? no. Can you blame him for everything wrong with the Packers? no, the coaches have to take a lot of the blame. TT brought in the talent but, for some reason the coaches couldn't make them fit in the system.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast