Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Report: Ted Thompson will “transition” to new*role

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-to-new-role/ Didn't ever think this would happen.

Ted Thompson stepping aside

According to an Ian rappaport report, ted Thompson is transitioning to a new role in the organization. Packers will begin the search for a new GM immediately.

I have to imagine the promote from within for the GM job, especially since Dorsey has already taken the Cleveland job. Wolf and Gutenkust are probably the front runners. Highsmith and Ball are probably the dark horses.

Like I mentioned in the other thread this is Wolf's job to lose. Wolf new GM and Gutenkust a promotion probably the same for Ball. Wolf not only has the name but the pedigree is there and they've been paying him not to leave for other jobs or would be a slap in the face if anyone else is hired IMO. We will see but I think this will be a short search and they will be hiring within for sure. No need to look elsewhere.

Yes!!!!!!!! Changes are finally being made. Can only do the same **** for so long before it gets to the point where you have to make changes.

A rumor that I had seen floating around since last year was that Eliot Wolf was getting frustrated because he wasn't getting bumped up to GM and last year's interviews were just the tip of the Iceberg he would have actively been looking for a GM role this year.

So this makes since in order to keep Wolf in Green Bay

RIP Gene Wilder

The choice is between Wolf and Gutenkust from what I have heard. Really don't think they should or would be looking at anyone else, but it really would male no sense not to hire wolf unless they are certain Gutenkust is truly the guy. I think between Gutenkust, Wolf, and Ball all three will be getting promotions.

Actually saw similar thing reported from Mort.

Russ Ball, Packers VP of football administration, player personnel director Brian Gutenkunst and possibly director of football ops Eliot Wolf are expected to have re-defined duties as Thompson moves to another role, per sources

Crazy

Wonder if they are just going to split the GM duties among the three of them.

That would probably be unwise. Too many cooks in the kitchen type situation. One has to be the lead dog. And I’m sure if it’s wolf or gutenkust, then ball probably gets a promotion and one of teds titles, but at the end of the day, someone has to be the GM. You need one vision for the organization.

Unfortunately, there’s a good chance whoever doesn’t get the job, especially between wolf and gutenkust is out of here within a year or two.

Best ****ing day ever... Now I can honestly say Rodgers being injured was the biggest blessing we could have gotten.

My only question is how did MM go unscathed so far? I mean he still could be let go but so far he's been the only one you haven't heard anything about. Maybe they are just waiting till we hire the new GM? But the fact Hundley looked like dog **** even though he's had him for 3 years is pretty telling imo. So far they're saying the want a new voice at DC and GM but not HC? Seems a little weird.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    My only question is how did MM go unscathed so far? I mean he still could be let go but so far he's been the only one you haven't heard anything about. Maybe they are just waiting till we hire the new GM? But the fact Hundley looked like dog **** even though he's had him for 3 years is pretty telling imo. So far they're saying the want a new voice at DC and GM but not HC? Seems a little weird.
    I hope the New GM wants a fresh start and punts his *** too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    If the Thompson move was in the cards then it made no sense to act without the new GM. The only thing working in his favor is the hire will likely be internal and with Rodgers being as seasoned as he is they would likely need to get a coach who runs a similar system. Not that Rodgers couldn't adapt but no reason to try and risk.

I would argue the next GM needs to take the
    same route TT did with Sherman give him one more year and see if the DC change helps if not show him the door.

I would agree. I think it’s unwise to turn absolutely everything over at once. And one of mikes alleged gripes with ted was his unwillingness to participate in free agency. It’ll be interesting to see how the new gm navigates things.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast