Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    A fearsome pass rush seems to distinguish a lot of the elite teams from the pretty good ones...so Randy Gregory needs to somehow get reinstated and play to his potential. Our defense being middle of the pack seems to have held us back from being that elite team.

I don't know if any of you remember but back in '14 Ealy was the #2 DE in many draft projections behind only Clowney. Many people were expecting the Cowboys to try to land him and the of course went with what now seems like the obvious choice in Zach Martin. Lawrence came out that same year as an OLB.

Ealy will end up being a good pickup. In the right 4-3 defense he can succeed as he did in the latter stages of his Carolina career. The Jets tried him in a 3-4 defense and he's not cut out for that.

Maybe new scenery will help him. David Irving did much better in Dallas than his previous stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    A fearsome pass rush seems to distinguish a lot of the elite teams from the pretty good ones...so Randy Gregory needs to somehow get reinstated and play to his potential. Our defense being middle of the pack seems to have held us back from being that elite team.
    So does an innovative coach but I am beating a dead horse senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    So does an innovative coach but I am beating a dead horse senseless.
    Well, Goff looked like a completely different player under McVay, after his year with Fisher. So, did that offense. The game is evolving, so coaches that look at their players' strengths and work around that, rather than being rigid and forcing the talent to fit into a system sometimes have better success.

Well, Goff looked like a completely different player under McVay, after his year with Fisher. So, did that offense. The game is evolving, so coaches that look at their players' strengths and work around that, rather than being rigid and forcing the talent to fit into a system sometimes have better success.
    Absolutely rocket. Being rigid to the system is what yielded us Taco instead of a Watt brother.

Evidently Friday is the big day with regard to the Jerry-Dez get together. Anyone want to venture a guess as to which way this goes? Lots of chatter amongst national types that Dez will not be here next year.

Evidently Friday is the big day with regard to the Jerry-Dez get together. Anyone want to venture a guess as to which way this goes? Lots of chatter amongst national types that Dez will not be here next year.
    I just don't see us moving on from Dez. It doesn't make football sense and financially it wouldn't do anything for us at this point either. I also think Jerry loves having Dez and Dez wants to be a Cowboy. I just don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I just don't see us moving on from Dez. It doesn't make football sense and financially it wouldn't do anything for us at this point either. I also think Jerry loves having Dez and Dez wants to be a Cowboy. I just don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    I tend to agree. I don't see it but Stephen is taking on more clout and he seems more business is business than his daddy

Well, I am glad Dez is working on his route running. He's not the fastest guy out there, so he needs to do something to get separation. You look at terrific route runners like Cooper Kupp and Thelan from Minnesota...they seem to be able to get separation from speedy cornerbacks. Dez had a 1,300 plus season in 2014. The last 3 years, he's averaged 678 yards. He's getting paid like the 3rd best wide receiver in the league, and not even coming close to those numbers.

I tend to agree. I don't see it but Stephen is taking on more clout and he seems more business is business than his daddy
    Yeah if it's Stephen's call then I'm not totally sure how it will go. If it's only up to Jerry, then I think Dez stays.

Well, I am glad Dez is working on his route running. He's not the fastest guy out there, so he needs to do something to get separation. You look at terrific route runners like Cooper Kupp and Thelan from Minnesota...they seem to be able to get separation from speedy cornerbacks. Dez had a 1,300 plus season in 2014. The last 3 years, he's averaged 678 yards. He's getting paid like the 3rd best wide receiver in the league, and not even coming close to those numbers.
    To be fair, he's getting paid less than Sammy Watkins now lol.

I do not see the Cowboys cutting ties with Dez this season. For the simple reason that the risk out weighs the possible gain. If the Cowboys had it their way they would have Dez do one of two things, take a pay cut or add another dead year to his contract. At which point you would restructure it so the cap hit is moved to the dead season and place incentives on a base lower amount.

This would allow for them to focus where they really need help and that is D. With the addition of Hurns, even if Dez remains as last season...at a lower cap hit it is easier to digest. The WR core that is.

Rumors swirling hes cut
    #BringBackMatty

WHats the savings ??
    #BringBackMatty

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast