Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    There's a rumor that the Cowboys have interest in Sammy Watkins.
    I could see it, but idk what his cost would be. Maybe a 1 year deal? 1 year $6M would be good for me. Though I don't really think he'd want that and I also don't think he is a great fit for us. Think drafting a WR makes the most sense and they can take over the number 1 role in a few years as Dez ages more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I could see it, but idk what his cost would be. Maybe a 1 year deal? 1 year $6M would be good for me. Though I don't really think he'd want that and I also don't think he is a great fit for us. Think drafting a WR makes the most sense and they can take over the number 1 role in a few years as Dez ages more.
    It's not really my suggestion, just heard some chatter about Cowboys sniffing around Watkins. There are a lot of teams circling around Watkins, so he's not going to be cheap. The Rams might not even be able to afford him, even though they desperately want to hold on to him. I think teams are interested because of his explosiveness, more than the actual production he showed on the field. He did seem to really do well once Woods went down and develop a real chemistry with Goff. I feel like our window is right now. That line isn't going to be around forever and they are our bread and butter. We have seen teams turn it around very quickly. Heck, even the Browns, are making some monster moves. There will probably be some surprise teams this year that were mediocre this previous years come in and unseat whatever playoff teams last year.

And there goes Hitchens. Signed with the Chiefs for $9M a year. That's insane. I like Hitchens, but he's getting overpaid for that.

For a Hitchens replacement I think we should look at the LBs he is replacing in KC. Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson (especially Johnson).

I do not like the Chiefs moves... I don't know what they're doing over there.

looking at this year's schedule there's a strong chance this team will finish 0-16.....
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    looking at this year's schedule there's a strong chance this team will finish 0-16.....
    I don't think so but given that by some measures Jason Garrett is the most conservative coach in NFL history and tied to a "process" I wouldn't bet against an 8-8 season or one game either way. As Garrett always tries to turn every game into a coin flip type game I still maintain as the number of coached games goes to infinity his win percentage will converge on 0.5000000000 +/- 0.000001

He seems to do just enough to stay in Jerry's good graces.

Jerry loves his puppets ... this team isnít doing anything if itís continued to be run and coached the same way
    #BringBackMatty

I think we'll be better this year for sure. 10-6 and a trip back to the playoffs should be our floor I think. We won't have the off-field distractions from Zeke this year and hopefully Dak can improve this year too (which I think he will with more consistency from the offensive line, and he gets more 1 on 1 time with Moore too now which should help him).

We seem to just field a team that's kind of good at times, but has a slightly above average ceiling, but are not true contenders. You see some of the teams built the right way, are loaded with depth and dominant in positions that tend to do well in the playoffs--secondary, pass rushers, wide receivers... Also our playcalling does not seem to be as creative as some of those elite coaching staffs.

Agreed .... you watch all theses teams , not just today . Make moves and improve their team, Cowboys donít
    #BringBackMatty

Question: If Bryon Jones is moving back to corner, what does our secondary look like? Meaning, which guys will be in which positions? Who's the other starting corner? Who's in the slot? Who's in the safety position? Scandrick is asking to be released. We have Anthony Brown and those 2 rookies fighting for that corner spot opposite Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Question: If Bryon Jones is moving back to corner, what does our secondary look like? Meaning, which guys will be in which positions? Who's the other starting corner? Who's in the slot? Who's in the safety position? Scandrick is asking to be released. We have Anthony Brown and those 2 rookies fighting for that corner spot opposite Jones.
    My guess (unless we bring in a guy like Vacarro):

Starting CBs: Jones, Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis in the slot.

Safeties: Xavier Woods and Kavon Frazier or Jeff Heath.

I'm not totally sure on Woods. He was a safety in college but we used him as a slot corner a lot last year. Frazier is a good hitter, but his coverage skills are sub-par. We really need to bring in a safety to balance that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    My guess (unless we bring in a guy like Vacarro):

Starting CBs: Jones, Awuzie and Jourdan Lewis in the slot.

Safeties: Xavier Woods and Kavon Frazier or Jeff Heath.

I'm not totally sure on Woods. He was a safety in college but we used him as a slot corner a lot last year. Frazier is a good hitter, but his coverage skills are sub-par. We really need to bring in a safety to balance that out.
    Who's better? Awuzie or Jourdan Lewis? I notice you didn't include Anthony Brown in your rotation.

Don't you think Earl Thomas would make sense here? Young aggressive corners with a mentor like Earl Thomas to lead and lock everything down. Bryon Jones is one of the most athletic guys in the league... and some of our other young corners have shown that they are willing to mix it up. The shaky area seems to be safety, where the best hitter is not necessarily the best at coverage...
    Last edited by rocketfuel; 03-14-2018 at 08:47 PM.

back the f'ing brinks truck up for the honey badger now !!!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast