Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    With cap space available we need to go out and sign DT - McClain, S- Reid and TE - Celek

This would make the team complete

Jason Witten's new hair - the biggest acquisition in this off season

Fascinating stat on BaD radio today on the Ticket in Dallas. Bob Sturm threw out the stat that Romo/Dez combo ended with exactly 1 winning season in Dallas between 2010-2015 with Romo at the helm(1 out of 6). Dak/Dez ended up with 2(2 out of 2). That goes against my memory and the common narrative that Romo and Dez were a championship machine. My Damn memory...
    Last edited by zookman65; 05-04-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Josh Augusta released by chiefs....we have a good track record with kc cast-offs

Quote Originally Posted by Daboyz View Post
    With cap space available we need to go out and sign DT - McClain, S- Reid and TE - Celek

This would make the team complete

other than mcclain, then celek in order, and maybe celek, not even guaranteed....we dont need to sign dudes to add bodies.

Its not to sign "dudes" to add bodies!!! Its to sign players to add to depth, that have experience and will help the young team we have.

Our team is young, and adding these players add to the rotation and depth we need to help grow the kids and help out their production along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Fascinating stat on BaD radio today on the Ticket in Dallas. Bob Sturm threw out the stat that Romo/Dez combo ended with exactly 1 winning season in Dallas between 2010-2015 with Romo at the helm(1 out of 6). Dak/Dez ended up with 2(2 out of 2). That goes against my memory and the common narrative that Romo and Dez were a championship machine. My Damn memory...
    Kind of a silly stat really. They were a championship offense. They also had the 32 second ranked defense and at the time set the all-time worst passing defense records. The cowboys were also 8 and 8 for 3 years straight so there weren't many losing seasons either.
    Romo and Dez were really good together but with no defense they had no chance at the Super Bowl most of those years.

Its not to sign "dudes" to add bodies!!! Its to sign players to add to depth, that have experience and will help the young team we have.

Our team is young, and adding these players add to the rotation and depth we need to help grow the kids and help out their production along the way.

stephen recently said they arent going to sign guys just for depth. basically in short. if they cant make an impact they arent going to eat our cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Kind of a silly stat really. They were a championship offense. They also had the 32 second ranked defense and at the time set the all-time worst passing defense records. The cowboys were also 8 and 8 for 3 years straight so there weren't many losing seasons either.
    Romo and Dez were really good together but with no defense they had no chance at the Super Bowl most of those years.
    Yeah, some Romo haters are just silly silly silly

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    stephen recently said they arent going to sign guys just for depth. basically in short. if they cant make an impact they arent going to eat our cap space.
    So Stephen is saying what we have at DT, S and TE is sufficient???

Listen I like what Stephen has been doing when it comes to building from within and trying not to hand out free agent contracts. But when I look at the signings that he has made over the past couple of seasons (Paea, Thornton, etc...) he's throwing dollars at guys that are nothing more then depth players. So it is hypocritical of him to even state that.

We have holes or at least areas where we can improve. When you look at what the Eagles have done the past two seasons. The same players that could have helped us which went to Philly all have Super Bowl rings. But those same players couldn't help us according to Stephen!!!

We have to address areas of concern at DT, S and TE. What we have there is lacking. And whom ever we sign will make an impact because it will make the team better.

So Stephen is saying what we have at DT, S and TE is sufficient???

Listen I like what Stephen has been doing when it comes to building from within and trying not to hand out free agent contracts. But when I look at the signings that he has made over the past couple of seasons (Paea, Thornton, etc...) he's throwing dollars at guys that are nothing more then depth players. So it is hypocritical of him to even state that.

We have holes or at least areas where we can improve. When you look at what the Eagles have done the past two seasons. The same players that could have helped us which went to Philly all have Super Bowl rings. But those same players couldn't help us according to Stephen!!!

We have to address areas of concern at DT, S and TE. What we have there is lacking. And whom ever we sign will make an impact because it will make the team better.

we could have gotten the honey badger but he "didnt fit our system" because we have a staff and fo that thinks the player needs to fit the system not the system fitting the players.

It will be a huge mistake by the front office and coaches to not go out and sign a safety that is on the market. Getting any which one of the safeties available currently instantly upgrades the team defense immensely. I don't know what these guys are thinking honestly. HUGE MISTAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Apparently they will move Austin to RB and he will fill the role that Dunbar had. Should be interesting.
    What's your evaluation of Tavon Austin? Do you think our coaching staff can get huge production from him? Teach him to run routes....use his speed in the passing game? All I remember of him from the Rams was that he was very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    What's your evaluation of Tavon Austin? Do you think our coaching staff can get huge production from him? Teach him to run routes....use his speed in the passing game? All I remember of him from the Rams was that he was very fast.
    I have zero trust in our coaching staff. In my opinion itís the 2nd main thing holding this team back (Jerry being the 1st).

I honestly do not expect Austin to play a huge role this year. Heís going to be extremely limited in the number of plays heís going to get. I could see him being the primary return guy and maybe getting 3-5 plays a game. Zeke is obviously going to get the bulk of the plays, as he should. Gallup is going to surprise some people and actually have a huge role. And I think Beasley has a bounce back year. Thatís not going to leave a whole lot left for Austin.

I am excited to see what Connor Williams brings to the OL. Also excited to see what the new WR coach brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I have zero trust in our coaching staff. In my opinion itís the 2nd main thing holding this team back (Jerry being the 1st).

I honestly do not expect Austin to play a huge role this year. Heís going to be extremely limited in the number of plays heís going to get. I could see him being the primary return guy and maybe getting 3-5 plays a game. Zeke is obviously going to get the bulk of the plays, as he should. Gallup is going to surprise some people and actually have a huge role. And I think Beasley has a bounce back year. Thatís not going to leave a whole lot left for Austin.

I am excited to see what Connor Williams brings to the OL. Also excited to see what the new WR coach brings.
    Yeah, our coaching staff isn't exactly creative. I hope Connor adds some depth to our line. I feel like that was one of our biggest letdowns last year, the step back at the o line. Tyronn was a huge loss, but also the line didn't live up to their billing. Beasely suffered from opposing coaches gameplanning to take him out more, when they realized they didn't have to double Dez as much. Hurns had a really good year in 2015...maybe, he can try to reclaim some of that.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast