Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

2018 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Discuss all off-season news- trades, free agency, NFL draft- here in this thread.

I know it's way too early to tell but I saw the "end of regular season" mock from bleacher report with Dallas taking a DT in the middle of the first. I would kind of be upset if that happened. Just simply because the O-Line issue recently. I'd like to see them sure up that position in the first. What are you folks thinking for the way too early draft?

Unrestricted

QB Kellen Moore
    RB Alfred Morris
    WR Brice Butler
    OT Byron Bell
    G Jonathan Cooper
    G/C Joe Looney
    DE DeMarcus Lawrence
    DL Stephen Paea
    LB Justin Durant
    LB Anthony Hitchens
    LB Kyle Wilber
    CB Bene Benwikere
    LS L.P. Ladouceur

Restricted

FB Keith Smith
    DL David Irving

Exclusive Rights

DL Brian Price

Cooper, Lawrence, Hitchens, Irving, & Ladouceur are must signs if possible.

Butler, Wilber, Paea, Looney, Price & K Smith are sign for a reasonable price.

Moore, Morris, Bell, Durant, Benwikere can walk.

Paea retired and Durant got released.

Would I would like to happen but probably wont happen. We know Garrett is staying so I hope we at least replace Linehan and Marinelli. Idk who we sign but I pray Todd Haley isn't our next OC.

Resign
    Cooper
    Lawrence
    Hitchens
    Irving
    Ladouceur
    Butler- don't care if he walks
    Price
    K Smith

Cut or Walk
    TWill
    Dez
    Moore
    Morris
    Bell
    Chaz Green
    Tyrone Crawford
    Durant
    Benwikere
    Scandrick
    B. Jones

Free Agency wishful thinking
    Jarvis Landry
    Earl Thomas

Draft WR, LB, OL, S
    Last edited by KiNgJaMeS315; 01-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Need a damn QB. Love Dak but he is the problem. Praying it was just the so called Sophmore slump and not his ceiling. After him swing tackle worth a damn is needed. Be nice to move Collins back to LG. Then a LB. When Lee doesn't play we can't stop anyone. A legit deepthreat opposite Dez. Problem our QB can't throws accurately past 5 yards.

Franchise Laweremce because he had 1 good year and it just happens to be his contract year niiice lol
    Hitchens be nice to keep also he is a decent player same with Cooper and Butler.

Dak isn't going anywhere. You're crazy if you think they're going to give up on him after this year. I love Dez as much as anyone but a large portion of his drops were his fault.

Hopefully Jaylon continues to make strides to be that guy, but you're right we always need that help. I'm cool with franchising Tank and bringing back Coop. I could care less about Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Need a damn QB. Love Dak but he is the problem. Praying it was just the so called Sophmore slump and not his ceiling. After him swing tackle worth a damn is needed. Be nice to move Collins back to LG. Then a LB. When Lee doesn't play we can't stop anyone. A legit deepthreat opposite Dez. Problem our QB can't throws accurately past 5 yards.

Franchise Laweremce because he had 1 good year and it just happens to be his contract year niiice lol
    Hitchens be nice to keep also he is a decent player same with Cooper and Butler.
    Dak definitely needs to improve. He took a huge step backwards this year and surprised me a lot by doing that. He was fine up until the Zeke suspension (as good as he was his rookie year, with maybe a few more missed throws). Then after Zeke went out the wheels fell off and even after Zeke returned he was still putrid. It all rides on Dak going forward, we won't win if he can't make accurate throws. Hopefully that can be fixed with more work.

Agree on WR, need a deep threat. Dez has lost a step, even if he is still an explosive player when given the chance (with accurate throws). He also needs to figure out the drop situation though, so it's not like he is blameless. I think he still has 2-3 good years left in him though. Beasley got doubled more this year but I think Dak didn't look to him enough and when he did it was often with inaccurate throws. T Will is fine I guess, but doesn't stretch the field at all. Imagine if we had signed Desean Jackson? Maybe it wouldn't matter with how Dak's accuracy regressed but that'd be a decent fit for us. Need to draft a D Jax clone. Also need a new TE (unless Rico can be out guy).

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    Dak isn't going anywhere. You're crazy if you think they're going to give up on him after this year. I love Dez as much as anyone but a large portion of his drops were his fault.

Hopefully Jaylon continues to make strides to be that guy, but you're right we always need that help. I'm cool with franchising Tank and bringing back Coop. I could care less about Butler.
    I think Jaylon will be really good. He's shown a lot of growth over the course of the season. Definitely agree we need to draft another LB though, cause Lee isn't getting any younger and his injuries are only going to hasten his decline at some point. Bring back Cooper and draft a swing tackle to develop, that will be important.

The thing is with Dez...he needs a perfect situation... there are only maybe 7 or so elite or near elite QBs. Receivers for the rest of the teams are working with imperfect situations. I don't think he has the speed and he's not as explosive as he used to be....but, I think the biggest thing really is his concentration. The Seahawk game, his mind was distracted. Instead of focusing on how he can help the team, he was pouting and making it about himself. He needs to stop getting in his head about worrying on his own game--I know it's stressing him out about living up to his contract but it's affecting his play. Some of those plays he just looked distracted. Dak needs to be able to perform without Zeke....use this offseason to make his reads quicker and read the field. They were analyzing Sean Lee on NFL Total Access and the reason he's so great is he can read what guys do from how they are holding the ball to which direction they are moving and he automatically knows what they are running---that is extreme film study knowledge. There might be guys faster than Sean Lee or more athletic, but if he knows what the play is a split second faster, he's going to be a step faster there than everyone else. I would hope our players get in the film study room and have that dedication.

Well the Cowboys have the 19th pick. Anyone who wants a QB in the first round is going to be disappointed because there are 5 potential first round QBs and they all should be gone by pick 19.

The guy I want is LB Roquan Smith from Georgia but hell likely also be gone by 19.

Other than Roquan Smith Id be looking at WR Calvin Ridley, WR Courtland Sutton, OT Connor Williams, OT Orlando Brown, DT Christian Wilkins, DT Maurice Hurst. One of those should be on the board when the Cowboys pick and an one of them would really help this team.

I know they would never draft a 1-tech DT but Vita Vea from Washington would be perfect for this team. By himself hed make the run defense and LBs better. If the Cowboys really wanted Jaylon to be a successful MLB theyd put a stud run stuffing DT in front of him.

As long as we don't make a panic pick. Just look at the board and see who they can pick or reasonably move up for that special talent. A lot of these guys flame out after a few years anyway. I am more in the camp of getting the talent over need...that way we don't miss out on a Kamara or Aaron Rodgers.

By the way, what are your picks for each of the playoff games this weekend? Who's going to be in that final NFC finals game?

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    By the way, what are your picks for each of the playoff games this weekend? Who's going to be in that final NFC finals game?
    Honestly I have paid much attention since Cowboys crapped the bed in week 16. If I had to pick who was going to be in the SB Id say Patriots vs Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Honestly I have paid much attention since Cowboys crapped the bed in week 16. If I had to pick who was going to be in the SB Id say Patriots vs Vikings.
    "crapped the bed," lol. It will be fun to watch the playoffs without being stressed out. The Vikings coaching staff was pretty impressive this year being able to adapt after some devastating injuries and being a quarterback whisperer to make a once backup like Case Keenum into a winning QB. Coaches that are able to adjust in adversity are more impressive than the ones that have everything going for them personnel wise.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast