Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't see any way we go defense with the first pick tbh.
    it could happen. Names I have heard are Smith and Chubb but we will see. More likely Barkley, QB or OL

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Sure he is a freak and might be versatile but he might not be a true safety just a tweener and to take him at 5 would be a mistake. I'd rather have Roquan Smith if we go defense.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Nah I don't see him as a tweener with that speed and closing ability. But I like smith as well!

At this point I don't think there's anyway we draft a quarterback. I believe the staff and elway liked some things Paxton did week 17 and the facts are he did do some good thing's. Thing's that say if you hand him the key's and actually develop him he MIGHT be a franchise guy so I think they give lynch the year too play and we'll know by week 17 if hes shown great promise or great failure over the course of 16 game's.

No **** we'd know by week 17...the season would be over. Giving Lynch the keys is the absolute last case scenario. If Lynch has shown "enough" why the **** are we interested in ANY QB's??

We're gunning for a vet QB (Cousins). We want to win. If we can't win now...we're going to have to set up to win for the future. There will be a QB available at 5 to be that "franchise" guy. If we are gun shy about one of those prospects....then Lynch/Kelly are our last resorts.....but just judging on Elway's comments and "not helping Joseph out at QB play (which involved Lynch by the way)" he's going to get a QB.

Lunch was hurt for one, for two nobody knows that were (gunning for a quarterback)

This qb class is just weak. None of them are really worthy of top 5 picks but.since.there all that's available and it's the quarterback position some will be taken.

Kirk cousin's is an above average quarterback who would not put us over the top. The Broncos best bet is to get a OLInemen and retool the defense and put another great defense around Paxton and see.what he has with an entire off season as the guy and season as the guy. any of these rookies won't be ready for at least 3 year's. So why not go with the first round pick we already have who was actually projected too finally take off in year 3? Makes no.sense to pass on a chubb, james, smith for one of these weak quarterback. All 3 of those guy's will be elite at there positions, can't say the same for any of.The quarterback

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    I'd like to know where you're getting the idea that Paxton is projected to take off in year 3. My eyeballs say otherwise

His scouting report was that he'd need 2 year's before he'd be ready. It's year 3, it's time to take off or step off. But he deserves this season. It's what's best for the franchise.

Scouting reports said raw, huge upside. Suggested some years would be needed. 2 years later he's still raw, and has barely began to get up from the floor. I cant put blind faith in, "year 3 he should take off", after what we've seen out of him in 2 years.. there's hardly any glimpse of hope taken from the times he's been played. He doesnt deserve anything.

I don't think he deserves to be handed the keys for the year but I'm under the impression that giving him the whole year and going all in on him is what's best in terms of free agent spending and drafting.

Going after Kirk is gonna take a huge chunk from free agency(and having 2 players eat up 30% of cap going forward doesn't bode well according to history) not being able to pick up a top tier linemen or defensive player is gonna hurt imo

Going after a QB in the draft at 5 or paying a steep price to move up to 3 and missing out on possibly an elite MLB prospect(haven't had since the days of al wilson) or an even more possibly elite RB(most people have Barkley as the most polished RB since AP)

Giving Paxton a top 10 top 15 Oline through free agency or the draft with DT and Sanders and (crossing fingers this kids for real) butt then maybe if he falls to 5 adding Barkley I guarantee pax will make huge strides not to mention you ask musgrave to really make an offense that's tailored to him(some thing similar to what the eagles run with wentz)

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I don't think he deserves to be handed the keys for the year but I'm under the impression that giving him the whole year and going all in on him is what's best in terms of free agent spending and drafting.

Going after Kirk is gonna take a huge chunk from free agency(and having 2 players eat up 30% of cap going forward doesn't bode well according to history) not being able to pick up a top tier linemen or defensive player is gonna hurt imo

Going after a QB in the draft at 5 or paying a steep price to move up to 3 and missing out on possibly an elite MLB prospect(haven't had since the days of al wilson) or an even more possibly elite RB(most people have Barkley as the most polished RB since AP)

Giving Paxton a top 10 top 15 Oline through free agency or the draft with DT and Sanders and (crossing fingers this kids for real) butt then maybe if he falls to 5 adding Barkley I guarantee pax will make huge strides not to mention you ask musgrave to really make an offense that's tailored to him(some thing similar to what the eagles run with wentz)

Paxton doesn't have 'it'. That was clear week 17. Some of the decisions he would make with the ball on 3rd downs made that obvious. He wouldnt make those decisions playing Madden. Kelly is more likely to be a better QB than Paxton at this point in time.

I'm in the same boat as you however regarding how much is spent to get a veteran QB. I just dont know if he's worth the 26-28 million its going to take to get him. That's a lot for a guy who you would have to argue is a top 10 QB. I'd much rather see a stop-gap sort of signing if a vet QB is the plan. Taylor, Bradford, even McCown if QB isnt the plan RD1. Maybe Bridgewater becomes available?

I still like McCown haha always have thought he was better than people gave credit. He old now though.

If we sign McCown maybe we could sneak over ASJ too.

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Taylor and Bridgewater no... If you sign those two, you're signing them just to sign a QB. Start Lynch over either of those players. I used to really like Taylor but he has hit his ceiling, and he's not very good.

McCown maybe. He's not good enough to make you a playoff team though so it would be pretty useless unless he's a half season stop gap while we groom a top pick rookie. Even then, he's probably best at sitting there bench and mentoring.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Taylor and Bridgewater no... If you sign those two, you're signing them just to sign a QB. Start Lynch over either of those players. I used to really like Taylor but he has hit his ceiling, and he's not very good.

McCown maybe. He's not good enough to make you a playoff team though so it would be pretty useless unless he's a half season stop gap while we groom a top pick rookie. Even then, he's probably best at sitting there bench and mentoring.
    If McCown can get 5 wins out of the Jets roster, he can put Denver in the playoffs.

So Sanders apparently was being investigated for felony 2 sexual assault from last summer. Looks like evidence was inadequate to be charged, but sounds like he's susceptible to punish from the NFL. Not sure if it'd be something like 6 games with Elliott cause his past isn't as checkered as Elliott's, but not good either way. And really limits the ability to move him for any significant value like a lot of fans seemed to want.

Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    Scouting reports said raw, huge upside. Suggested some years would be needed. 2 years later he's still raw, and has barely began to get up from the floor. I cant put blind faith in, "year 3 he should take off", after what we've seen out of him in 2 years.. there's hardly any glimpse of hope taken from the times he's been played. He doesnt deserve anything.
    You haven't seen nothing but 5 starts..... Get a grip. Goff was trash for his first 7 or 8. Aaron Rodgers didnt develop for like 4 years. Leave it to you we'd dumped both those guy's.

Klis said the Broncos are going to try and move Siemian. If Klis says it, you know it's true because Klis has an unhealthy love of Siemian and his articles and tweets have basically become Broncos PR.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast