Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Man, I have a feeling we are gonna be looking at a lot ofturnover this year and fielding almost a whole new team

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I don't get that feeling at all. As a matter of fact, after listening to Elway's press conference today, I'm not even sure he plans on aggressively pursuing Cousins in FA. Elway said that DT will be on the team next year. He also said that Sanders, Watson, and Wolfe will be on the roster next year. The only two players that he was noncommittal about were Anderson and Talib.

That was really the only thing that Elway was really upfront about... Well that and he said they're going to bring Mayfield in for a pre draft visit.

I really just wish that it was March 14th already lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't get that feeling at all. As a matter of fact, after listening to Elway's press conference today, I'm not even sure he plans on aggressively pursuing Cousins in FA. Elway said that DT will be on the team next year. He also said that Sanders, Watson, and Wolfe will be on the roster next year. The only two players that he was noncommittal about were Anderson and Talib.

That was really the only thing that Elway was really upfront about... Well that and he said they're going to bring Mayfield in for a pre draft visit.

I really just wish that it was March 14th already lol.
    Didn't listen to that yet. Just feel like this could be similar to the 2014 offseason. Hoping for that sort of impact from free agency then need to finish big in the draft.

Apparently Cousins wants a short 3 year deal with high guarantees so that he can get another big contract still....I don't like that at all.

Apparently Cousins wants a short 3 year deal with high guarantees so that he can get another big contract still....I don't like that at all.
    Yeah it won't mesh well with vons contract. Something I think elways wants to try and do is back load the hell outta a long term deal

I think that there is a lot of disinformation as well at this time. I wouldn't get too caught up on a single report about anything.

Alright, another report says (this one from a yahoo sports reporter) Broncos all in on cousins. About 2 weeks and we will get our answer!

Cousins is looking close to 90 mil guaranteed from some reports. Over 3 years in fact. That being said. Draft your Qb

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Cousins is looking close to 90 mil guaranteed from some reports. Over 3 years in fact. That being said. Draft your Qb
    This. Even giving up future picks to move up isn't as damaging as giving that type of contract out.

This. Even giving up future picks to move up isn't as damaging as giving that type of contract out.
    Agree 100%. I really want Cousins, but **** that. This dude has already made serious bank thanks to the ineptitude of the Redskins. If that's his mindset, let someone else suffer.

I'd give up three first round picks before I paid that much for him.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Agree 100%. I really want Cousins, but **** that. This dude has already made serious bank thanks to the ineptitude of the Redskins. If that's his mindset, let someone else suffer.

I'd give up three first round picks before I paid that much for him.
    Yup. I know it isn't easy to find a QB in the draft, but look at these cap hits.

Von - $22M
    DT - $12M
    Sanders - $10M
    Cousins - $30M

That's nearly half of the entire salary cap invested into 4 players. I'd argue it's much easier to find one QB when you have a top 5 pick rather than find at least 10 players in the draft in the next two years who are productive.

Jason LaConfora and Matt Miller both j said today that Denver is essentially out of the Cousins sweepstakes. They're hearing a lot of Keenum and draft pick for the Broncos.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Here's my thing with Cousins, is he a leader? We've been missing that team/locker room leader since Manning and Ware left and that's been the biggest void of all. You never really heard of teammates sticking their necks out for Cousins and his biggest claim to leadership is the 'you like that' rant.

I could be wrong but I dont really see the leadership qualities you'd like for a 25M+ QB.

Jason LaConfora and Matt Miller both j said today that Denver is essentially out of the Cousins sweepstakes. They're hearing a lot of Keenum and draft pick for the Broncos.
    I am a huge Keenum guy. Just has been overlooked his entire career and last year played great and some throws I say were unreal. He had a good offensive line but in my opinion made Thielen. No real running game either.

Now with Keenum the question is do you draft a QB even though you said you are going to hold onto Lynch? Depends on the length of the deal. I don't think Elway would draft a QB, instead shore up the OL and get Nelson.

Although being a Keenum fan, I don't want him and wanna draft a QB. Just thinking of what might happen.

They just need to bite the bullet and follow through on the rebuild if Cousins is out. Clearly they don't see Keenum as the franchise QB or he would've been plan A and they wouldn't be looking at a QB at 5. He takes away reps from the rookie and 20-25 million in cap. And he's looking to get paid and cement himself as a yearly starter, not bring the rookie along to be ready for next year. Keenum comes, everybody loses.

Now if it was Josh McCown as a target, that's something I could get behind.

I honestly don't see Keenum making us any better than a .500 team the way it's built right now and that might be optimistic. I'd rather suck for another top 5 pick than be just good enough to miss the playoffs and miss out on a top 10 pick. But if the Broncos, in spite of everything they've shown so far, do believe Keenum is the guy to go all in for, fine I guess. Don't waste the #5 pick on a QB then. Try to improve the team around him with someone like Nelson. Don't go half-***ed on a rebuild and try to win now mode.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast