Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

The Official Denver Broncos 2018 Offseason Thread

Welp, itís upon us. Gonna be a crazy one, so might as well get it up now

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/statu...08480358330373

Now that Vance Joseph is reutrning as HC, don't be surprised if @Broncos fire offensive line coach Jeff Davidson. A source tells @sportingnews that ex-NFL o-line coach Sean Kugler is slated to interview for a staff position this week.
    Already interviewing OL coach, basically says it all for Davidson going

According to Jhabvala, Davidson is gone. Olivo should have been the first one gone.

WR coach Tolbert out. Olivo out.

Iím done with Studesville. Hoping he gets the axe.

Studesville gone now. Right choice

6 assistant coaches fired.

Davidson - offensive line coach.
    Tyke Tolbert - wr coach
    Eric Studesville - rb coach
    Fred Pagac - olb coach
    Johnnie Lynn - defensive backs coach
    Brock Olivo - special teams coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Studesville gone now. Right choice
    Why do you say that? I'm indifferent on him. He's just meh. Certainly our run game hasn't been good for years though.

Here's what's weird though. There's a Broncos blogger on Twitter that says she knows for a fact that in the preseason every coach on the offense except for one wanted Siemian to start. That person along with Elway wanted Lynch to start. That person was Musgrave. He's the only person not to lose their job, and in fact he got a promotion.

If that's true, then I like it. While everyone has been blaming Elway for not being able to draft etc. I've been saying that I think he has too many people in his ear. He's been deferring decisions to other people. Elway was at his absolute best early on when this team was a dumpster fire, and he was the only guy trying to right the ship. The next time you saw him take full command was after we got blown out in the Super Bowl. Elway took charge and built an insane defense. Then he stepped off the pedal again.

The firing of all these coaches and the hiring of Kubiak make it clear that he is the one that is going to fix it. Some of these coaches have been around for years. Elway is making it clear that he has a plan, and if you don't share the same vision as him, there's no place for you on this team.

I also think that if you believe what the blogger said, that means that Lynch is returning and we're drafting a QB. Elway doesn't want coaches who aren't prepared to groom a young QB.

I like studesville. CJ just produced a 1000 yard season after a acl tear. Booker has made strides and hop looked great in pre season. The scheme and o line has made the running game not dominant. I don't think it had to do with studesville.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Why do you say that? I'm indifferent on him. He's just meh. Certainly our run game hasn't been good for years though.
    Your last sentence is why. When was the last time you could say our run game was good? Top 10? Tim Tebow lead 2011, but that deserves an asterisk. Sure, OL/RBs deserve some blame, but at some point, they can't be the only scapegoat. Years of meh shouldn't be acceptable. Rushing use to be the franchise's identity. This year might've been his best year at 12 total rushing, but ypc and TDs were still bottom half while rushing attempts were 8th most. But look at years before. They've been bottom half at best, usually worse bottom 20. Studesville seemed like a good guy and clearly liked by players. Maybe he makes a good OC or even HC. But as a RB coach, our running game was basically mediocre to below average during his long tenure.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I like studesville. CJ just produced a 1000 yard season after a acl tear. Booker has made strides and hop looked great in pre season. The scheme and o line has made the running game not dominant. I don't think it had to do with studesville.

It's more than one year though. It's several. And even with CJ's pretty strong year, the run game overall wasn't great. 12th in total yards, 18th in ypc and 25th in TDs scored. And that was a good year for the team. How many times have we failed on 3rd/4th and 1? Too much. Statistically and efficiency wise, our run game has been pretty bad under him and there's years of content to back it up.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 01-02-2018 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post

Here's what's weird though. There's a Broncos blogger on Twitter that says she knows for a fact that in the preseason every coach on the offense except for one wanted Siemian to start. That person along with Elway wanted Lynch to start. That person was Musgrave. He's the only person not to lose their job, and in fact he got a promotion.

If that's true, then I like it. While everyone has been blaming Elway for not being able to draft etc. I've been saying that I think he has too many people in his ear. He's been deferring decisions to other people. Elway was at his absolute best early on when this team was a dumpster fire, and he was the only guy trying to right the ship. The next time you saw him take full command was after we got blown out in the Super Bowl. Elway took charge and built an insane defense. Then he stepped off the pedal again.

The firing of all these coaches and the hiring of Kubiak make it clear that he is the one that is going to fix it. Some of these coaches have been around for years. Elway is making it clear that he has a plan, and if you don't share the same vision as him, there's no place for you on this team.

I also think that if you believe what the blogger said, that means that Lynch is returning and we're drafting a QB. Elway doesn't want coaches who aren't prepared to groom a young QB.
    It's always been a known fact that elway wanted lynch on the field, he should have never been playing in the last pre season game against 3rd stringers to end up hurt, and his performance in the final game and some of the throws he made were big time throws, he'd been so far ahead in development if he had started the entire year, this was a wasted season.

Going forward lynch will be the started with Kelly the back up, draft OL or barkley.

As much as I want Barkley I don't see us getting him. The giants, colts, and Brown's all need a RB. Giants running game has been a problem for years. The colts need to replace Gore at some point, and the browns would be stupid to pass on him with the 4th pick. I gotta start thinking of who I want for "plan B"

Quote Originally Posted by thefranchise24 View Post
    As much as I want Barkley I don't see us getting him. The giants, colts, and Brown's all need a RB. Giants running game has been a problem for years. The colts need to replace Gore at some point, and the browns would be stupid to pass on him with the 4th pick. I gotta start thinking of who I want for "plan B"
    I actually think.barkley goes number one overall unfortunately. Sucks because I kinda want him at #5, thisI guy is the total package like a mix between Tomlinson faulk and Peterson. He's going to be a game planning nightmare.

We hired Sean Kugler to be our o-line coach. Apparently has had good reviews everywhere he has been.

And I guess you could say that this is Joseph's first "true" hire as a coach...if you want to believe he had little to no say in assembling our staff this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    We hired Sean Kugler to be our o-line coach. Apparently has had good reviews everywhere he has been.

And I guess you could say that this is Joseph's first "true" hire as a coach...if you want to believe he had little to no say in assembling our staff this year.
    Interesting hire. Every where he has been has had good o lines and rushing attacks. Not sure how he fared at utep but random note he coached up Ryan clady at Boise state!

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post

McCoy was a Vance hire. Apparently Elway wasn't too fond of McCoy.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast