Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3xPW8TsFmM

Down 7-4 bottom of 5th. Altuve ties the game. Game 5 of World Series.
    That was glorious

Tru dat

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Kenta's fault, not Clayton's. It's not too much to ask Mierda to get one out.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-10-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I was camping when this happened and listening on the radio. I was so shocked and also pissed that another upstart franchise won a WS before the Cubs did.

Both the Marlins and the Dbacks won within 5 years of inception, I was so envious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    I felt the exact same way! "How the **** do these new teams manage to win the WS, but the Cubs can't!!" That's exactly what I was thinking.

Phillies winning the WS in 1980 and 2008, the 1993 Phillies winning the pennant and Michael Jack Schmidt's 500th HR all equally brought the biggest smiles to my face when watching baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Joe Carter homerun followed closely by Bautista's bat flip
    That was one of my worse moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Totally. Way too much to ask the best pitcher in the game to get thru 5

WAY too much.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

1. watching Dave Steib finally throwing a no hitter after being so close multiple times.
    2. watching Jim Abbotts No hitter live vs the indians
    3. Mike stanleys 3 homerun game vs the mariners (i caught a foul ball from his before the second homer)
    4. The aaron boone walkoff because i was at a house full of buddies that are redsox fans who were giving me crap and well so joyful thinking that the curse was ending that night.
    5. this game because how couldnt you get chills https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoY3svcKSbc

Honorable mentions the twins win over the tigers in 2009 tie breaker game

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Totally. Way too much to ask the best pitcher in the game to get thru 5

I can counter that with the fact that we had the best bullpen in the game. They can certainly have gotten the job done that night. Plus Kenta Maeda had a postseason ERA of 0.00 coming into that game. Again, is one out too much to ask for from Maeda with a 0.00 ERA? No. The game remains 7-4 and the inning is over. It doesn't take that much brain capacity to figure that out. 12 runs of offensive support is more than enough to win a game when your starter gets pulled with a 7-4 lead with two outs. Brandon Morrow, an elite set-up man, 4 ER and 0 outs recorded. I guess that Kershaw's fault too, huh?

And look at Rich Hill's 4.2 IP outing in Game 6? How many runs did the bullpen give up that night? That's right ZERO. If the bullpen got the job done in Game 6 under those conditions, then they certainly could have done a better job in Game 5, PERIOD.
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...01710310.shtml
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-15-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

You clowns can keep countering with any excuse you want. Kershaw wilted under the pressure again. Looks to me like the rest of them just followed his lead.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/mierda

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234