Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wouldn’t be opposed to TA being head coach. That’s one scenario where it would make sense to keep JBC on the offensive side of the ball.

I figure if the head coach is gone then the assistants should be gone too. It doesn't make sense to me to retain an oc and dc and fire the hc.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I figure if the head coach is gone then the assistants should be gone too. It doesn't make sense to me to retain an oc and dc and fire the hc.
    The interesting thing to me was when I searched for up and coming assistants that could be HC candidates and both our guys came up. In my mind it was like the neverending debate about Stafford or Caldwell regarding successes/failures. Shifting the topic to the assistants seems like they were getting the credit for everything we've done well, while Caldwell catches the flack for the negative. Something somewhere is going on where it feels imperative to keep the coordinators instead of the HC. Was Caldwell just the scapegoat or was he legitimately failing at his responsibilities?

Frankly, I don't care if the new coach cleans house and gets rid of both JBC and TA. They are not blameless in this.

Also, where was TA when the defense put 9 guys out on the field? If people want to blame JC for that, then some of the blame needs to fall on TA's shoulders as well. He is the defensive coordinator after all. Unless the Lions coaching staff is ignorant to what everyone else is doing and assumes the another coach is handling tasks.

TA: 'Wow, only 9 guys on the field for this play, should I say something? Nah, JC has it covered.'
    JC: ' Oh boy, TA only has 9 defenders out there, do I call a timeout? Nope, this must be his keep the other team guessing defense.'
    BQ: What the *&#$() are they doing?
    MF: I love JC

Quote Originally Posted by RealBuffoonery View Post
    Frankly, I don't care if the new coach cleans house and gets rid of both JBC and TA. They are not blameless in this.

Also, where was TA when the defense put 9 guys out on the field? If people want to blame JC for that, then some of the blame needs to fall on TA's shoulders as well. He is the defensive coordinator after all. Unless the Lions coaching staff is ignorant to what everyone else is doing and assumes the another coach is handling tasks.

TA: 'Wow, only 9 guys on the field for this play, should I say something? Nah, JC has it covered.'
    JC: ' Oh boy, TA only has 9 defenders out there, do I call a timeout? Nope, this must be his keep the other team guessing defense.'
    This is exactly how that went

they fired Ron Prince so that's good
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Austin getting a promotion ? Next head coach ?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    The interesting thing to me was when I searched for up and coming assistants that could be HC candidates and both our guys came up. In my mind it was like the neverending debate about Stafford or Caldwell regarding successes/failures. Shifting the topic to the assistants seems like they were getting the credit for everything we've done well, while Caldwell catches the flack for the negative. Something somewhere is going on where it feels imperative to keep the coordinators instead of the HC. Was Caldwell just the scapegoat or was he legitimately failing at his responsibilities?
    Yes, exactly. It feels odd to me that our assistants are held in such high regard (at least to the media). We were not a good team this year. We only beat bad teams and even when we did it was super close most of the time. If we keep or promote our assistants then I really don't see how anything can be better next year. I suppose TA could be HC. He's seemingly held the defense together...but still. Just doesn't seem right. Of course, this is all assuming that JC was the true cause of all of our problems...

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Austin getting a promotion ? Next head coach ?
    hopefully not

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Patricia will be the guy. The NFL Old boys club lives on.

I’m happy we’re looking at defensive minded coaches, but Jim Bob needs to go!
    Agreed, I know JBC is a "rising coordinator" in NFL circles, but unless Caldwell was handcuffing this offense to be more conservative I don't see why we give Cooter another chance. Stafford looks improved, but in every other aspect our offense regressed (outside of the uptake in WR 3-5 production, which could be a talent thing more than a JBC thing)

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBuffoonery View Post

To be fair. TA calls plays from the booth. So he wouldn’t have been on the sideline to call time out. Not sure if the defensive headset works all the way threw the snap or if it stops communticating with players 15 seconds left on the play clock or whatever it is on the offensive side of the ball. No idea if coaches can still talk with one another during that time though.

So Marvin Lewis wasn't fired after all. Good news for us.

Poor Bengals fans.

Vrabel and Patricia are vmconsidered the front rubners to be our next HC

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...for-lions-job/
    via http://cbssportsapp.com

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

AAL: MATTHEW STAFFORD
    COMP: 371 ATT: 565 YDS: 4,446 COMP %: 65.7 TD: 29 INT: 10 FUMBLES: 11 QBR: 61.8
    RUSH ATT: 29 YDS: 98 TD: 0
    COMEBACK WINS: 2

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 30-38-12 Points: 72
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers 13-18
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 26-11 ACC: 11-7 Good Season Boys!
    Florida State Seminoles #timeforthetaggartera

I just got done watching BQ press conference from yesterday. I feel better with the move knowing he is giving the HC full control over who he picks as his staff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast