Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 944
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,029
    New #Dolphins DB's coach Tony Oden's secondaries have ranked in the NFLís top 5 in INT's in 3 of his past 5 seasons (2013-14, 2017).

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    New #Dolphins DB's coach Tony Oden's secondaries have ranked in the NFLís top 5 in INT's in 3 of his past 5 seasons (2013-14, 2017).
    Maybe bodes well for Howard continuing his emergence from late last season and Lippett coming back strong, since he has ball skills waiting to be tapped.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I guarantee you Mayfield does not go in the top 5. You just can't take a undersized QB that high, doesn't mean he won't be good just how it is. It's why Brees went in the 2nd and Wilson in the 4th, the size alone knocked them down.
    I think you are underestimating that the Browns have 2 picks in the top 5.

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think you are underestimating that the Browns have 2 picks in the top 5.
    Talk from the senior bowl is they don't like him and won't draft him, they fear he could be another Manziel.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,029
    I've actually seen a few reports that McCloughan is a big Mayfield fan and has been recommending that they draft him. But here's the thing, it's still SOOOOOOOOO early so literally every team likes a player or hates them right now. Still so much time.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,766
    Joe Thomas was on ESPN the other day saying John Dorsey doesn't play Rookie QBs and thinks they go hard in FA for one. They tried to get Alex Smith before the skins did.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Joe Thomas was on ESPN the other day saying John Dorsey doesn't play Rookie QBs and thinks they go hard in FA for one. They tried to get Alex Smith before the skins did.
    They will sign a stop gap veteran qb to buy time in developing a qb (Mayfield or Allen)

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    They will sign a stop gap veteran qb to buy time in developing a qb (Mayfield or Allen)
    I can see them signing Tyrod Taylor. But if they are smart (and I know they are not), they would blow their wad on Cousins, and draft Barkley and then fortify their defense and OL with their first four picks. With Cousins, they could be playoff bound in 2019, if not WC next year. they have talented players on both sides of the ball, they just need that leader at QB. Cousins could be it.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,029
    There's no way Cousins goes to Cleveland. Why would he go to an organization that is even more dysfunctional than the one he just left? Plus they just hired the guy who started the whole situation with Cousins contract.

    They'll definitely sign a vet but there's no way it's cousins.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    221
    Renaldo Hill back with Dolphins, this time as a coach

    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...199096359.html

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,905
    CJA reportedly going to be released by Broncos as they want Booker to be starting RB and can cut CJA with zero dead cap and they need all the cap they can get. He also criticized Broncos for letting RB coach Eric Studesville go and he actually interviewed for head coaching gigs this offseason and was assistant head coach to Vance Joseph before ending up as our RB coach. Tannebaum also likes CJA because he tried signing CJA before he stayed with the Broncos around the same time Lamar Miller went to Houston. And now we have Gase and his old RB coach and Ajayi is gone. So basically let's give a warm welcome to CJA signing with the fins for 3 yrs/10MM or something along those lines. Pair him up with Drake and he's a clear upgrade on Damian. If Damian wants to come back cheap like 1.5MM, fine. If not, go the UDFA or 6th/7th round pick route. You can get solid RBs late, a lot more than other positions because of the plethora of them. Corey Clement was undrafted and did real well carving out a nice role with the Eagles. Guys like Priest Holmes and Arian Foster also stand out. Just couple past years Jordan Howard of the Bears was a 5th rounder. Wendell Smallwood also Eagles, Paul Perkins of the Giants. Aaron Jones for Packers last year in the 5th became feature back. Elijah McGuire for Jets in 6th showed promise.
    BRUH

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,766
    I don't think we will deal for him being he has cap hits of 4.5M for this year and next and where tight on cap as it is but possible to throw a late pick like a 6th/7th there way. Him and Drake would make a nice one-two at RB.

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,029
    Yea I don't see us trading for a back but if he becomes a FA I don't see anyway he doesn't go to Miami.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    CJA reportedly going to be released by Broncos as they want Booker to be starting RB and can cut CJA with zero dead cap and they need all the cap they can get. He also criticized Broncos for letting RB coach Eric Studesville go and he actually interviewed for head coaching gigs this offseason and was assistant head coach to Vance Joseph before ending up as our RB coach. Tannebaum also likes CJA because he tried signing CJA before he stayed with the Broncos around the same time Lamar Miller went to Houston. And now we have Gase and his old RB coach and Ajayi is gone. So basically let's give a warm welcome to CJA signing with the fins for 3 yrs/10MM or something along those lines. Pair him up with Drake and he's a clear upgrade on Damian. If Damian wants to come back cheap like 1.5MM, fine. If not, go the UDFA or 6th/7th round pick route. You can get solid RBs late, a lot more than other positions because of the plethora of them. Corey Clement was undrafted and did real well carving out a nice role with the Eagles. Guys like Priest Holmes and Arian Foster also stand out. Just couple past years Jordan Howard of the Bears was a 5th rounder. Wendell Smallwood also Eagles, Paul Perkins of the Giants. Aaron Jones for Packers last year in the 5th became feature back. Elijah McGuire for Jets in 6th showed promise.
    Yes that sounds likely since there's no dead money there, so it's just a question of whether another team wants to trade for him and assume that 4.4 million. He had 1000 yards this year (1001 actually) but his YPC average has not been as the past couple of years as it was in 2015 (4.7 down to 4.1 now). So he may very well just get cut so the Broncos can pick up another RB late in the draft or afterwards for cheap. I'm glad to hear he is high on Studesville. Looks like it will be nearly a foregone conclusion is he is cut and we would have perhaps a re-ignited CJ Anderson as the perfect veteran compliment to Drake.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 02-16-2018 at 05:25 PM.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,029
    Jeff Darlington said on ESPN today that he that he expects Landry to play for the Dolphins this year. He mentioned that we could look at the franchise tag or transition tag but he doesn't expect Landry just to walk.

Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •