Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Just because qb is the most important position on the field doesn't mean every team who needs one will be taking one, in round one. There are plenty of free agent qbs who will be available to go along with the draft class of qbs.
    Teams have a draft board for a reason. Just because there might be a run of 2 or 3 qbs in the top 10 doesn't mean the rest of the qbs in the class will go round 1 as well.

Supply and Demand my friend. There will be an abundance of qbs available and once free agency is pretty much wrapped up we will have a much better idea of who still is desperate for a qb.
    Exactly. if you really want one of the top QB's in this draft, then best case scenario is that Cousins, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, ect signs elsewhere (ARZ, NYJ, DEN), and NYG decide they can ride with Manning for another couple of years. Otherwise, All of the studs are going to be gone before pick 10 (CLE, NYG, DEN, NYJ). And you're right, until FA shakes out, we won't know anything.

I still don't want a 1st rd QB unless its one of Rosen, Darnold (trade up) or Allen. The rest I can live without honestly.

I still can't believe that people want a 2nd tier QB before we fix our OL and LB position . . . so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Exactly. if you really want one of the top QB's in this draft, then best case scenario is that Cousins, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, ect signs elsewhere (ARZ, NYJ, DEN), and NYG decide they can ride with Manning for another couple of years. Otherwise, All of the studs are going to be gone before pick 10 (CLE, NYG, DEN, NYJ). And you're right, until FA shakes out, we won't know anything.

I still don't want a 1st rd QB unless its one of Rosen, Darnold (trade up) or Allen. The rest I can live without honestly.

I still can't believe that people want a 2nd tier QB before we fix our OL and LB position . . . so weird.
    Agreed.

An elite qb can do fine with a crappy o line but an average qb sturggles behind a crappy o line.
    We have both a crappy o line and an average qb. haha

I understand why people want a QB drafted this year so early . . .heck I'm a Tanny supporter and even I know its time to atleast draft one in the top two rounds, but I do not support drafting day two guys at #11. Mason Rudolph, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson have day two talent, not top 15. There are other guys that we could go as BPA at #11 that would actually fill an immediate need, like Quenton Nelson, Orlando Brown, Mike McGlinchey, Raquon Smith, Tremaine Edmunds that could actually start Day 1 for us and fill an immediate need.

Someone like Baker Mayfield or Lamar Jackson are not immediate needs, and wouldn't be NFL ready until, earliest, 2019 if they're well coached.

some think Baker might go #1 so he isn't a day 2 guy. Mayfield is a start year 1 type of QB as well

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    some think Baker might go #1 so he isn't a day 2 guy. Mayfield is a start year 1 type of QB as well
    No way is he a Day 1 starter on a NFL team that expects to try to be competitive. And ofcourse he is a possible target at #1 . . . its the Browns man! The Browns are the only team that can consistently screw up the #1 pick time and time again.

He is nowhere as good as Rosen or Darnold . . . in no way, shape or form.

1: Rosen
    2: Mayfield
    3: Darnold
    4: Jackson
    5: Allen

Is how I would rank them.

I guarantee you Mayfield does not go in the top 5. You just can't take a undersized QB that high, doesn't mean he won't be good just how it is. It's why Brees went in the 2nd and Wilson in the 4th, the size alone knocked them down.

We've added Tony Oden as our DB Coach. He was the Lions DB Coach recently and is another big name assistant coach. Anarumo was the only coaching change that I wasn't thrilled with but this is still a good move. Honestly every move we've made so far this off-season has been a good one and hopefully it keeps going into the player personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    We've added Tony Oden as our DB Coach. He was the Lions DB Coach recently and is another big name assistant coach. Anarumo was the only coaching change that I wasn't thrilled with but this is still a good move. Honestly every move we've made so far this off-season has been a good one and hopefully it keeps going into the player personnel.
    Yes I just read about him too. Seems like he is credited with the Lions' secondary improving and in particular with Slay improving.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-31-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Yes I love this hiring.

The Lions secondary has never looked very talented to me outside of Slay but they've been really solid for years now. The biggest improvement he can make is the miscommunication that we've seen in the secondary. Hopefully this is also a sign of more Dime usage. Lions were middle of the pack in the dime so hopefully he can talk some sense into Gase and Burke.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

The Chiefs just traded Alex Smith to the Redskins for a 3rd and Slot CB Kendall Fuller.

Remember this for everyone who thinks we can easily flip Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    The Chiefs just traded Alex Smith to the Redskins for a 3rd and Slot CB Kendall Fuller.

Remember this for everyone who thinks we can easily flip Tannehill.
    A 3rd rd pick and a cost-controlled, young, up and coming CB? If I had the option to trade Tannehill, with young QB waiting in the wings, that deal wouldn't bother me at all. Basically Fuller takes the place of a 2nd rd pick for KC.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 01-31-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    A 3rd rd pick and a cost-controlled, young, up and coming CB? If I had the option to trade Tannehill, with young QB waiting in the wings, that deal wouldn't bother me at all. Basically Fuller takes the place of a 2nd rd pick for KC.
    Redskins are idiots , as usual. The pick is basically a wash since they will receive a 3rd comp pick the following year. But the young cheap labor in an up and coming corner AND 7 freaking million guaranteed to a 34 year old qb who relies on his legs to scamper for some decent yardage throughout the season IS HORRIBLE.

If this was a 2 year deal while drafting a qb to groom behind Alex then I get it. Oh well, this helps out Miami. Miami could easily net a 4th rounder for Tanny and I'd be o k with that. I'd be o k with keeping him 1 more year ONLY if our head coach and front office are on the same page of moving on from him after this season.

I look for Denver to go after Cousins as they have a team that can compete for the AFC Championship right now. Just as they did with Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Redskins are idiots , as usual. The pick is basically a wash since they will receive a 3rd comp pick the following year. But the young cheap labor in an up and coming corner AND 7 freaking million guaranteed to a 34 year old qb who relies on his legs to scamper for some decent yardage throughout the season IS HORRIBLE.

If this was a 2 year deal while drafting a qb to groom behind Alex then I get it. Oh well, this helps out Miami. Miami could easily net a 4th rounder for Tanny and I'd be o k with that. I'd be o k with keeping him 1 more year ONLY if our head coach and front office are on the same page of moving on from him after this season.

I look for Denver to go after Cousins as they have a team that can compete for the AFC Championship right now. Just as they did with Peyton.
    exactly.

I think DEN makes a real strong play for Cousins, with the Jets right behind them. Either way, one of them will pick him up, leaving CLE, NYG and whomever is leftover from DEN and NYJ to draft QBs (potentially) in the 1st rd.

I honestly see DEN signing Cousins (if they can get under the cap) and the NYJ signing Tyrod Taylor and continuing to build their defense back up.

I guess reports are Bortles is staying in JAC too. It will be a very interesting off-season.

Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast