Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Dolphins are meeting with QB Josh Allen tomorrow

Detroit Lions just let go there Qb coach who is well regarded and was with broncos for 6 years prior. Gase might give him a call since they worked together?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Dolphins are meeting with QB Josh Allen tomorrow
    due diligence, and I love it. He won't make it to us, but it puts Tannehill on notice, as well as the fan base that they are looking at QBs'. But if he is there at #11, even if Quenton Nelson and Roquan Smith are still available, I'm taking Josh Allen. Highest upside of any QB, but also raw. Tannehill starts this year, we then trade him for a 2nd in 2019 and let Allen take over.

Yea definitely need to look into the QBs since one of them is likely to be there at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Detroit Lions just let go there Qb coach who is well regarded and was with broncos for 6 years prior. Gase might give him a call since they worked together?
    I thought about that when I saw the news but I think Gase has finished with the offensive coaching staff.

I think Gase is going to fall in love with Mayfield

I love Mayfield

We just dumped Ajayi and they don't care for Landry's antics so we go to Mayfield to fill the void...makes sense

We could even trade up to get him if we can't get Manziel signed before the draft. Either way we get the short QB that can always be a distraction for no cap hit unless we trade up too far.

Love me some Baker but I'm not sure about using a 1st on him. Too many holes to fill throughout the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I think Gase is going to fall in love with Mayfield
    please, for all that is holy, NO! at least, not in the 1st rd. I'm not sure Mayfield has any better upside than what we have in Tannehill already. Its like we would be drafting a shorter version of Tannehill. So we would be going from a good Tannehill to a shorter, not as good Tannehill.

I think he is better than Tannehill but then again I don't think highly of Tannehill

I want Jackson anyways of course

I think he is better than Tannehill but then again I don't think highly of Tannehill

I want Jackson anyways of course
    Jackson could legitimately be there for us in the 2nd rd. I'm not confident that he is going in the 1st, unless BUF rolls the dice at 21 or 22. I think Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield and Rudolph all go before Jackson. And that doesn't even include where Cousins, Keenum, ect can land in FA. So legit, Jackson could be our 2nd rd pick, and i'd be perfectly fine with him in the 2nd.

I'm not rolling the dice on QB nor do I think all those QBs go before Jackson. I'm picking him at 11 and feel its a steal picking him there because he is one of the top 2 QBs to me

I expect by the time we pick again in R2 that Falk and Benkert will be the only QBs left at the top of the board at the position and I'm not playing around with the most important position in football

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Back for my yearly Mock Draft/Offseason. This year more than ever will depend on what the team does in Free Agency. If Landry goes then WR becomes a necessity. For now I'll operate on the assumption that he does return.

1: Roquan Smith, LB - Steps in right away as the playmaking LB we've seen to be laking for years. He, Raekwon, and Kiko should be a real solid group all relatively young.

2: Drew Lock, QB - Still hasn't declared for the draft so this could be for nothing but I love this kid's arm talent. He's probably 2 years away from being able to start which we have the luxury of letting him sit and learn.

3: Jaylen Samuels, TE/FB - Watched every game this kid played the last 4 years, flat out stud when the ball is in his hands. He reminds me so much of Charles Clay in his versatility. He can line up at RB, FB, TE, or in the slot.

4: Tyrell Crosby, OG/OT - Might be optimistic, i've seen him in the late 2nd/ early 3rd range but this guy is really good. Does have some injury history but could be the future LG.

4: Darren Carrington, WR - With Parker and Carroo both struggling, we'll need to take a WR regardless of what happens to Landry. Kid has some off the field issues but he should be a starting caliber WR in the NFL.
    With Lock staying in school there aren't any QB's Im in love with this year. It also appears Landry is as good as gone so WR is going to be a huge need if we don't address in free agency.

1: Courtland Sutton, WR
    2: Will Hernandez, G
    3: Jaylen Samuels, RB/TE/FB
    4: Jalyn Holmes, DE
    4: Skai Moore, OLB
    6: Tony Adams, C
    7: Jordan Scarlett, RB
    7: Jordan Martin, S

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Love me some Baker but I'm not sure about using a 1st on him. Too many holes to fill throughout the roster.
    If you believe that QB is one of those holes you take a QB to fill the hole at the biggest position. That's the question though. Do they see a hole at QB or not? We'll know after the draft. Of course I have been saying that for years now and the answer so far has been "no". And we continue to float around 7 wins.

2019 QB class right now is looking very very poor. we need to be looking at a franchise QB this year. we pick high in a heavy QB class we need to take advantage of that. all we have now is a QB about to be 30 who hasn't shown he can be the guy and is 1 hit from retirement

I'm not rolling the dice on QB nor do I think all those QBs go before Jackson. I'm picking him at 11 and feel its a steal picking him there because he is one of the top 2 QBs to me

I expect by the time we pick again in R2 that Falk and Benkert will be the only QBs left at the top of the board at the position and I'm not playing around with the most important position in football
    Just because qb is the most important position on the field doesn't mean every team who needs one will be taking one, in round one. There are plenty of free agent qbs who will be available to go along with the draft class of qbs.
    Teams have a draft board for a reason. Just because there might be a run of 2 or 3 qbs in the top 10 doesn't mean the rest of the qbs in the class will go round 1 as well.

Supply and Demand my friend. There will be an abundance of qbs available and once free agency is pretty much wrapped up we will have a much better idea of who still is desperate for a qb.

Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast