Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Landry is one of the best slot WR in the NFL today, and his production proves it. But sometimes you have to know when to walk away. Remember when BB let Welker go? all the fans were perplexed. Well . . . . now we have our own 'Welker' situation. Do we pay top dollar for a talented slot WR, or let him walk and try to replace him in the draft or FA for less? Can his $12-14M go toward our OL, and should it . . . or do we pay a slot WR that money to catch passes for 6-8 yards?

Lots of questions with Landry. If his camp wants to try and take a 1 yr 'prove it deal', then if I'm Grier and Gase, I'm popping the franchise tag on him and seeing if someone bites to sign him. That would still allow us to extend him

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/.../miam...119-story.html

Welp, I don't see the Phins paying him $14-15M/yr, and I don't think Landry thinks he's worth less than that so . . . . going to be very interesting. I think he gets a mega offer from somewhere else and takes the money. And I think that money we would have spent goes to the OL. Done and done.

Landry is absolutely right to ask for it. he is a #1 WR held back by QB play and route tree run. no question in my mind that he is a #1. I like that his agent is pretty much throwing our QBs and other WRs under the bus because without him they would be lost and instead of paying up they are trying to drag his name in the dirt. he shouldn't want to resign here the way he has been treated

franchise tag for WR will be over 16 million. i just cant see paying that much to a slot WR. Slot wr is not that hard to replace

Yea he want's 14M+ and that puts him in the top 5 WRs in the league. Julio Jones makes 14.3M - let that sink in.

His market is around 11M as you can see what other slot WRs gotten with new deals.

Doug Baldwin 11.5M
    Keenan Allen 11.25M
    Larry Fitzgerald 11M
    Tavon Austin 10.5M

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Landry is one of the best slot WR in the NFL today, and his production proves it. But sometimes you have to know when to walk away. Remember when BB let Welker go? all the fans were perplexed. Well . . . . now we have our own 'Welker' situation. Do we pay top dollar for a talented slot WR, or let him walk and try to replace him in the draft or FA for less? Can his $12-14M go toward our OL, and should it . . . or do we pay a slot WR that money to catch passes for 6-8 yards?

Lots of questions with Landry. If his camp wants to try and take a 1 yr 'prove it deal', then if I'm Grier and Gase, I'm popping the franchise tag on him and seeing if someone bites to sign him. That would still allow us to extend him
    Hard to compare letting Landry go, to the Pats letting 31 year declining Welker go. It's actually eerily similar that Welker was let go by the Dolphins at the same age as Landry is now. Hoping we can hold onto him but I don't want to see us break the bank to keep him

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Yea he want's 14M+ and that puts him in the top 5 WRs in the league. Julio Jones makes 14.3M - let that sink in.

His market is around 11M as you can see what other slot WRs gotten with new deals.

Doug Baldwin 11.5M
    Keenan Allen 11.25M
    Larry Fitzgerald 11M
    Tavon Austin 10.5M
    If we do plan to keep him, its definitely worth franchising him instead of paying a slot receiver top buck over a course of 4-5 years if he's going to command that amount of money IMO

The best thing about his production is he’s a guy who’s done a lot with a little,” Bilbo said. “Like people want to talk about [Green Bay wide receiver] Davante Adams. He played with [quarterback] Aaron Rodgers. You talk about Julio Jones. He played with [quarterback] Matt Ryan. Antonio Brown, he played with [Pittsburgh quarterback] Ben Roethlisberger.

Landry is so ****ing gone lol. He's not only dissing Tannehill but he's basically saying Gase isn't using him right and that no one else in the receiver room is gonna do anything. Someone brought up the idea on Twitter that the Dolphins leaked that info to see how Landry would handle it and he's done an awful job of it.

Btw everyone loves to throw Tannehill under the bus but literally every receiver/TE that moved on have done nothing since leaving Tannehill. People forget Wallace had 11 TDs with Tannehill and now he's barely a 3rd receiver on the Ravens.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-19-2018 at 10:20 PM.

His agent sure did a number on those chances.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    its not hard tp get 1000 yards rushing. Denver had no choice but to run they had no QB. nobody on the Broncos ran well last year and when you have a teacher like Peyton I cant give any credit to coaches even after he leaves because he taught u
    It's also not that hard to get 1000 receiving yards and somehow Landry couldn't even manage that.

Seriously guys, we moved on from Ajayi and we were just fine. We'll be fine without Landry.

This off-season is going to be the death of me after dealing with the Landry stuff and if/when we pass up on a QB round 1 lol

Yeah, Bilbo has done nothing to help his client with the Phins. Actually, I think he's hurt Landry's value across the board. Its a clear shot at Tannehill and Moore, and especially Gase. To come out and blame the QB and HC on his clients short-comings as a player in the NFL is pretty interesting. Makes you wonder why every coach kept Landry on short routes specifically meant for a slot WR. Maybe the coaching staff sees his abilities, and knows that Landry cannot be anything more than a slot WR. I personally would take Baldwin over Landry. So I would offer a match to Baldwin's contract, maybe give him $12M, and if he balks, then he walks. Let some other team offer him stupid money. Really great slot WR and a decent punt returner, but not $13M+ worth

Use a 3rd or 4th on another slot WR in the draft for a fraction of the price.

I love that a man named Bilbo is turning into Miko Grimes lol

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Rishard Matthews has something to say if you think you cant leave TH and be better. he has been way better since leaving him. Tannehill would probably make Jerry Rice in his prime look like Mohamed Sanu

I'm glad he is dissing everyone because he is right

Julio signed his contract 2 yrs ago and Landry deserves to get paid top 5 WR money. he is that good

when I see this list below it makes me have to put Landry at 14. Larry Fitz is the only one remotely close to him. Fitz is a boss though and might be my favorite WR ever but he is 34. Landry is 25.
    Doug Baldwin 11.5M
    Keenan Allen 11.25M
    Larry Fitzgerald 11M
    Tavon Austin 10.5M

Landry deserves 14M and no way can you defend anything under 12M when seeing that list

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Rishard Matthews has something to say if you think you cant leave TH and be better. he has been way better since leaving him. Tannehill would probably make Jerry Rice in his prime look like Mohamed Sanu

I'm glad he is dissing everyone because he is right

Julio signed his contract 2 yrs ago and Landry deserves to get paid top 5 WR money. he is that good

when I see this list below it makes me have to put Landry at 14. Larry Fitz is the only one remotely close to him. Fitz is a boss though and might be my favorite WR ever but he is 34. Landry is 25.
    Doug Baldwin 11.5M
    Keenan Allen 11.25M
    Larry Fitzgerald 11M
    Tavon Austin 10.5M

Landry deserves 14M and no way can you defend anything under 12M when seeing that list
    Rishard Matthews technically had a better season with Tannehill than with the Titans so far 15.4 YPC and 70% catch rate. Both higher than what he has done with them it's just that he only played in 11 games.

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast