Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 944
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    747
    It probably sounds a little hokey or unimportant, but Loggains knows how and when to communicate with Gase, which is actually going to be a key to the team's future. It's something that didn't exist, I'm told, with Clyde Christensen.


    Per Jeff Darlington

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    I don't think people realize how bad losing Landry sets us back. you lose the QBs biggest security blanket. the leader of the team. the face of the franchise. the only weapon that is consistently open. who the heck are the QBs going to throw to? the locker room completely turns on Gase. you might as well have a fire sale rebuild at that point

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    they did say they wanted to resign Cutler. he won't resign

    if they don't resign Landry 2018 is a wash. we wont be very good
    Dude, 2018 is not a wash if Landry goes elsewhere. Sorry, just not. What if we let Landry walk and use some of his cash to sign Jimmy Graham and then restructure Thomas? Is it a wash? What if we then go out and sign a real starting OG as well? And with that, we draft Ridley or Washington to replace Landry . . . .that's an upgraded roster, without Landry. So many different things can happen, especially with the amount of cap space that can be cleared.

    Timmons and James are gone. Thomas I'm not sure, he could be restructured depending if we go after Graham or not. But we can easily clear $30-40M.

    Landry alone does not make us a good team.

    We lost Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon after 2015, and we made the playoffs the next year. Landry is good, but he is not worth top 10 WR money imo.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by jtownsfine5t View Post
    Apparently Omar Kelly came away from the press conference with the impression that Fales could be the backup and Moore is gone.

    As for Landry, I love him as a player and the effort and toughness he brings. Fantastic player. But the blow ups on the sideline or during the games where he has to be calmed down from team mates because he might cost us another bone head penalty is getting very tiring. To the point that I'd rather let him go and spend 15 mill somewhere else.
    Me too. I don't think that would be money well spent in his case.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,234
    Dolphins are poised to continue a ultra conservative offense. Get ready for a whole lot of no scoring. Get ready for a whole lot of 3rd and 5's. Get ready for a whole lot of 10 play drives followed by punts. Get ready for going into the 4th quarter losing and opening up the offense to try and score.

    I thought this seasons game against the Raiders was exactly the problem with Gase. Here he goes against a team thats secondary was getting destroyed and he stuck to his conservative game plan instead of attacking the weakness of the other team. The Raiders game was one of many examples this season of bad coaching.

    We might as well keep Landry because he excels at the 1 yard pass something Gase also excels at doing.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-04-2018 at 01:28 AM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Dude, 2018 is not a wash if Landry goes elsewhere. Sorry, just not. What if we let Landry walk and use some of his cash to sign Jimmy Graham and then restructure Thomas? Is it a wash? What if we then go out and sign a real starting OG as well? And with that, we draft Ridley or Washington to replace Landry . . . .that's an upgraded roster, without Landry. So many different things can happen, especially with the amount of cap space that can be cleared.

    Timmons and James are gone. Thomas I'm not sure, he could be restructured depending if we go after Graham or not. But we can easily clear $30-40M.

    Landry alone does not make us a good team.

    We lost Lamar Miller and Olivier Vernon after 2015, and we made the playoffs the next year. Landry is good, but he is not worth top 10 WR money imo.
    that isn't an upgraded roster at all

    Lamar Miller sucked and we already had his replacement

    Vernon also sucked and we are still trying to replace him even though he sucked

    neither of those 2 players were on Landry's talent level or importance. neither of them were the most valuable player on the team and the franchise

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,098
    This team doesn't live or die without Landry. We traded away one of the best RBs in football and the guy that carried us into the playoffs last year and somehow replaced him with a better more versatile player. Grant can not only replace Landry in the screen and dump off game but do it even better than him. That single play in the Chiefs game showed that Grant is a threat every time he gets the ball in his hands. Landry is a much more consistent player and can definitely be more of a threat in the middle of the field, but Landry isn't a game changing WR like some think. He's not even close to guys like Julio, AB, or even his best friend OBJ. I'd like to keep him but won't lose sleep if we dont.


    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Dolphins are poised to continue a ultra conservative offense. Get ready for a whole lot of no scoring. Get ready for a whole lot of 3rd and 5's. Get ready for a whole lot of 10 play drives followed by punts. Get ready for going into the 4th quarter losing and opening up the offense to try and score.

    I thought this seasons game against the Raiders was exactly the problem with Gase. Here he goes against a team thats secondary was getting destroyed and he stuck to his conservative game plan instead of attacking the weakness of the other team. The Raiders game was one of many examples this season of bad coaching.

    We might as well keep Landry because he excels at the 1 yard pass something Gase also excels at doing.
    I've said it before but I really think you're underestimating how bad Cutler was. Cutler changed the entire offense because of how bad he was to the point that Gase had to get so conservative. Throw in an injured Parker and a TE the size of an Olineman and you're not going to have a good offense. With Tannehill this was one of the most aggressive offenses in the league.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-04-2018 at 03:33 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,098
    If we could use the money we'd save on Landry to sign someone like Graham and maybe Allen Robinson then this offense would do a complete 180. That'd give you two guys that can consistently make plays in a poor situation vs one that can make extra effort plays when the scheme dictates it.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    Grant being able to replace Landry is a joke. he can barely stay on the roster

    Ajayi got us into the playoffs last year. Drake did not but they drafted for Drake to replace him. they haven't drafted for anyone to replace Landry

    you really cant do it without creating a massive hole. we have OL, LB that are must fixes. getting rid of Landry adds WR to the mix. one of those 3 will be crap in 2018 if you let him leave. you already need 1 WR


    Allen Robinson would be awesome not going to lie. he is a beast when healthy

    Graham would be good but Niklas would be the better option because he has great upside and is dirt cheap. Graham is coming to the end of his career and will cost big $$. you wont have much left to help the OL and the draft is very poor at OL whereas at TE it isn't. people thought Niklas was better than Eifert only that he needed time. was supposedly a great blocker coming out and what he was used for mostly in college. I remember his scouting report. could be a diamond in the rough and at the very least be a great Fasano replacement

    Robinson also would lower the need for Graham. we going to have a Panthers offense?

    was reading about how someone who writes for CBS sports thought the 2 biggest needs for us were OL and DT. had us drafting a DT early so that we could move out from under Suh's contract after 2018
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 01-04-2018 at 07:53 AM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Grant being able to replace Landry is a joke. he can barely stay on the roster

    Ajayi got us into the playoffs last year. Drake did not but they drafted for Drake to replace him. they haven't drafted for anyone to replace Landry

    you really cant do it without creating a massive hole. we have OL, LB that are must fixes. getting rid of Landry adds WR to the mix. one of those 3 will be crap in 2018 if you let him leave. you already need 1 WR


    Allen Robinson would be awesome not going to lie. he is a beast when healthy

    Graham would be good but Niklas would be the better option because he has great upside and is dirt cheap. Graham is coming to the end of his career and will cost big $$. you wont have much left to help the OL and the draft is very poor at OL whereas at TE it isn't. people thought Niklas was better than Eifert only that he needed time. was supposedly a great blocker coming out and what he was used for mostly in college. I remember his scouting report. could be a diamond in the rough and at the very least be a great Fasano replacement

    Robinson also would lower the need for Graham. we going to have a Panthers offense?

    was reading about how someone who writes for CBS sports thought the 2 biggest needs for us were OL and DT. had us drafting a DT early so that we could move out from under Suh's contract after 2018
    I think they did draft someone to replace Landry. Caroo. But he has been useless and will have trouble staying on the roster, as you said about Grant. Caroo looks like one of the worst picks so far by this FO, especially when you consider what was given up to move up and get him. But I still think Landry is replaceable.
    Although Jimmy Graham is one of my favorite players in the league, I agree, you don't want to get expensive guys at that point in their careers unless you are close to making a SB run. Of course we are not.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-04-2018 at 08:54 AM.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,069
    Slot WR is an easy find in the NFL these days. I mean, the Pats have 3 slot WRs that start every game. If Landry wants $13-14M/yr . . . see ya later homie. Love the guy, but that is a worse contract than the Suh one. Landry is a great slot WR, but the offense will not suffer if he goes somewhere else. My only fear is that we let him go to another team in the AFC.

    The fact that GB gave Adams fricken $14M/yr should not dictate us ruining our cap space on a slot WR. We have to start leading, not following. The Phins did a great job with Tannehill's contract as he was still ascending when they gave it to him, now it looks like a steal because we can get out from under it at any time without huge cap restrictions. That, imo, is 'leading' because the market is shaking out to be super expensive for QBs'. By giving Landry $14-15M/yr because GB gave Adams that is 'following'. Landry is 100 times better than Adams, and GB screwed us with that contract.

    I agree that the Branch and Kiko deals look terrible right now . . . 100%, and I think that is why they will look closely at Landry and decide if they want to make another high-priced mistake.

    It all depends on what they really think about Parker. If they still have Parker slated as their future WR1, then Landry will not be getting the deal he wants with the Phins.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    747
    IF #Bears OL Jeremiah Washburn moves on, he figures to be a strong candidate for #Dolphins OL job. Washburn was Dolphins asst OL coach in 2016.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    Parker is done he has to be. Edelman is the only slot worth a damn in NE and he isn't anywhere close to Landry because he doesn't offer anything else. he cant win anywhere but the slot. Landry wins no matter where you line him up at

    I agree Adams contract is ridiculous. he isn't as good as the contract he received but Landry is worth the contract he got if you say he is 100x better which he is. Packers don't have crap behind Adams though and the closest slot to Landry level is Baldwin or Fitz. I couldn't imagine Seattle just letting Baldwin go or Arizona letting Fitz go. even harder to picture when that person is the face of your franchise. Baldwin isn't the face of Seattle. Adams isn't the face of GB. but Fitz is the face of Arizona and Landry is the face of Miami

    maybe we will get lucky and Isaiah Ford will be good in 2018

    I think they will try to shop Branch

    our QB is Tannehill. which means you cant win with scrub WRs like Brady and Rodgers can. you need actual talent. if we had a legit QB I would be able to see us letting Landry go

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Slot WR is an easy find in the NFL these days. I mean, the Pats have 3 slot WRs that start every game. If Landry wants $13-14M/yr . . . see ya later homie. Love the guy, but that is a worse contract than the Suh one. Landry is a great slot WR, but the offense will not suffer if he goes somewhere else. My only fear is that we let him go to another team in the AFC.

    The fact that GB gave Adams fricken $14M/yr should not dictate us ruining our cap space on a slot WR. We have to start leading, not following. The Phins did a great job with Tannehill's contract as he was still ascending when they gave it to him, now it looks like a steal because we can get out from under it at any time without huge cap restrictions. That, imo, is 'leading' because the market is shaking out to be super expensive for QBs'. By giving Landry $14-15M/yr because GB gave Adams that is 'following'. Landry is 100 times better than Adams, and GB screwed us with that contract.

    I agree that the Branch and Kiko deals look terrible right now . . . 100%, and I think that is why they will look closely at Landry and decide if they want to make another high-priced mistake.

    It all depends on what they really think about Parker. If they still have Parker slated as their future WR1, then Landry will not be getting the deal he wants with the Phins.
    I agree with all of this. I love the player a lot but I don't see Miami in a position to give out 14 mil a year to a wr. We can definitely find a slot wr in the draft. Heck, we found Landry round 2. The only issue we'd have is Stills is our only reliable wr and he's our deep threat.
    If we could get something for Landry, not sure how, I'd love it. But I feel it's too late. I don't want to franchise tag him either as that will cost like $16 mil. Woof
    If we commit to building the o line then we will have a much better run game and wouldn't be using Landry as often so his stats would fall. I think he basically has averaged 100/1000/5.5 a year. I ain't paying $13 or $14 mil a year for that.

    Let another franchise pay him that $....I feel like he has earned a nice pay day but let another franchise pay him. we know our strength and that's to run the ball and keep it out of Tanny's hands!

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,387
    I cant remember the last time we had a player about to hit free agency on the talent level of Landry

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •