Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Wilson was at best the 3rd option but routinely the 4th option. KC likes their RBs to be a big part of the offense and obviously you're going to target Kelce and Hill. He was just never a big focus for them because they routinely wanted to stay away from Smith passing too much.

But the reason theres a lot of interest in him is because he put up impressive numbers in very limited targets, while being used primarily like Landry. Wilson has the ability to get open deep and play outside but for the most part Reid used him almost identically as we did with Landry. He was the security blanket/screen guy and still averaged better numbers than Landry.

I feel Emmanuel Sanders is a valid comparison in terms of a career path. Early in his Steelers days he was the 4th option behind Brown, Wallace and Miller. His last year there he did move up due to Wallace leaving in FA and Millier getting older but Cotchery started games over him and Bell was drafted. Next season he moves to Denver and becomes the clear cut #2 option and sees 135~ targets a year putting up 1000+ yards and 5+ TDs three years in a row till he was hurt this past season.

Do I expect that kind of jump? No. But I do expect a jump from his other years just due to the fact he will see more targets. Just pointing out someone who didn't really do anything with his old team being down on the depth chart, to then doing well when given the chance.

Kenny Vaccaro is visiting with the Dolphins today. With the safety market being the way it is right now we might be able to get him on the cheap and have him compete with TJ.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Really think the Fins are thinking about doing 3 safety sets or having TJ McDonald play half his snaps as a WLB like Niners did with Eric Reid or Falcons with Deion Jones. Moving a big safety to be a small but quick and matchup type piece as a linebacker or a chess piece. If we sign Vaccaro really need to assume that a player like Derwin James would be off the board although RJ, McD and Vaccaro are all more SS type players and we're still looking for that true FS that Derwin can be (but also hit). Think they're just doing homework and if the draft ends and we don't land any LBs, maybe we sign Vaccaro and move McDonald to WLB, who knows. We shall see.
    BRUH

And in former Dolphins news, it seems that Landry and the Browns are finalizing a 5 year deal that would pay him 15mil a year.

The trade looks better every day.

Update: 5 years, 75mil and 47m guaranteed. Again, the trade looks better every day.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-12-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Really think the Fins are thinking about doing 3 safety sets or having TJ McDonald play half his snaps as a WLB like Niners did with Eric Reid or Falcons with Deion Jones. Moving a big safety to be a small but quick and matchup type piece as a linebacker or a chess piece. If we sign Vaccaro really need to assume that a player like Derwin James would be off the board although RJ, McD and Vaccaro are all more SS type players and we're still looking for that true FS that Derwin can be (but also hit). Think they're just doing homework and if the draft ends and we don't land any LBs, maybe we sign Vaccaro and move McDonald to WLB, who knows. We shall see.
    It doesn't really mean that Safety is off the board for us. I still feel if Minkah or James are still on the board and the LBs are gone then they will be our pick even if we sign Vaccaro. Right now we only have Mo Smith and Aikens behind TJ and Jones. We need depth. The Dolphins have made moves like this every year before the draft. Sign a low downside/high upside player to a cheap contract to give yourself flexibility in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a vet DT before the draft too. All so we can go whatever way we want to in the first round.

47M guaranteed is the highest ever for a WR, by 11M... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    47M guaranteed is the highest ever for a WR, by 11M... Lol.
    Haha.

That contract is ridiculous for Landry. Glad he got paid as I do like him but no way in heck I'd even come close to paying him that.

I'm okay with Vaccaro coming to the Phins on a 1 yr type deal. But its been said, we'd have three SS on the team, with TJ most likely playing LB on passing downs. Turnovers would be great and ideal, and a true FS would be great, but just having guys that match up well with TE's to stop the sticks from moving is just as well. Could be kicking the tires because James and Fitzpatrick are going to go top 10.

Good depth is good depth. I'd be all on board of Vaccaro coming on a cheap one year deal also.
    And McDonald is 6'2 with 220 pounds about... dude is bigger than Roquan Smith. Could definitely play WLB or with Vaccaro in some 3 safety looks.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It doesn't really mean that Safety is off the board for us. I still feel if Minkah or James are still on the board and the LBs are gone then they will be our pick even if we sign Vaccaro. Right now we only have Mo Smith and Aikens behind TJ and Jones. We need depth. The Dolphins have made moves like this every year before the draft. Sign a low downside/high upside player to a cheap contract to give yourself flexibility in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a vet DT before the draft too. All so we can go whatever way we want to in the first round.
    That's right. My problem with this strategy is that they cannot cover all of those positions with draft talent so too many of those cheap gap filling guys end up playing and we suck because they aren't great / get hurt a lot, which are the 2 reasons they are cheap.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-12-2018 at 05:32 PM.

I have a bad feeling about Vaccaro. Not him playing, but I feel like the Dolphins front office is making these moves, to move up in th draft.

If Vaccaro plays FS and McDonald moves to LB, it's like the front office can justify giving up picks to jump up and get the QB they want. I just don't have faith in Tannanbaum and he's known for making stupid moves

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    I have a bad feeling about Vaccaro. Not him playing, but I feel like the Dolphins front office is making these moves, to move up in th draft.

If Vaccaro plays FS and McDonald moves to LB, it's like the front office can justify giving up picks to jump up and get the QB they want. I just don't have faith in Tannanbaum and he's known for making stupid moves
    Me too. But if this year's move is to go up and grab Rosen, I'm fine. Even okay with Mayfield but to a lesser extent.

So most of the film guys on Twitter are pointing out that this move wouldn't really mean to replace McDonald. Vaccaro became a backup last year but still played 60% of snaps. He becausically because a nickel or dime defender. So this would help us move into the new mindset of the NFL which is more and more DBs on the field.

Think of Vaccaro as an extra for the defense and not necessarily as a replacement. He wouldn't be a direct replacement at FS, even though he has played it before, but he would play along side McDonald. So if that's the case then I'd see Vaccaro as depth at Safety but as a backup plan in case we dont get one of the top Safeties or LBs in the draft. Say we end up with on Vea or Ward at 11, you can still get one of the top defensive players but have Vaccaro as your backup plan going into the year.

The Dolphins are interviewing FIU QB McGough "in depth". What would he be a 5th round type of guy?

Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast