Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Again its insanely hard to believe that we're going to outbid Buffalo for a QB. And if we do it's going to be a huge amount of draft capital for a backup QB.

On the topic of rumors, there's apparently more talk that Minkah Fitzpatrick could drop out of the top 10 and James is creeping into his spot. If Fitzpatrick is there at 11, no matter who else is available, hes going to be at the top of the list. I love James but Fitzpatrick is a much better FS prospect in my mind. James is great in coverage but Fitzpatrick is almost shut down.
    We don't necessarily outbid Buffalo. They may be picking at 2. They do have the ammo to move up there. Problem is they may take Rosen, who Miami very possibly wants. But Miami may go to 4 for Mayfield. It all depends on the order in which the QB's are picked, which I realize is not news to anyone. Just outlining this particular scenario. Could happen. If Mayfield and Rosen go top 3, I would think the trade to 4 is out the window.

If the Giants didn't take that Jets package no package is going to be enough for them to move out of the #2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    If the Giants didn't take that Jets package no package is going to be enough for them to move out of the #2 spot.
    I can't argue against that. Makes sense if they turned the Jets down. I just believe that the guy telling us this would have thought of what happened there. I have no idea. I'm just very much more interested in the draft after hearing this. If Mayfeild or Rosen is available at 4 and they don't trade up, I'll be able to count this one against this guy.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 03-31-2018 at 11:39 PM.

we can outbid Buffalo. we can always shop Parker and McDonald. I don't think we even think about trading up until Colts pick and I expect the guy we would trade up for would be gone by that point

Giants have to be going QB if they aren't willing to trade down

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    we can outbid Buffalo. we can always shop Parker and McDonald. I don't think we even think about trading up until Colts pick and I expect the guy we would trade up for would be gone by that point

And how would you outbid a team with at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Ever since that Jets trade I've believed the Giants are taking a QB for sure. The only other team that would have the fire power to beat that deal is the Bill's and if they haven't made the deal yet then I don't see it happening. The only alternative is that they have a tentative deal in place with the Bill's because they want to see who drops, but that's ridiculous because if the guy the Bill's wanted didn't drop then they could pull out and the Giants would be left with nothing.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 04-01-2018 at 07:51 PM.

I think the Bills have to trade into the top 5 for a Qb this year. From the moves they have made, it would be foolish if they didn't. Their FO basically handcuffed themselves into taking a QB this draft. Maybe they do let Lamar Jackson fall to them at #12 . . . but then they risk ARZ moving into the top 10 to snatch him away as well.

Also, I'm not fully convinced that NYG take a Qb at #2. With adequate protection, Manning is still a top 10-12 QB in this league imo. NYG had some many injuries to their offense last year that Manning was a sitting duck. Maybe they shock the world and take Nelson at #2. My guess is either Barkley or Chubb though.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post

For someone who dislikes Parker so much you sure feel he can be a valuable trade piece.

I always find that funny. "Parker sucks, let's trade him for a 2nd round pick" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I always find that funny. "Parker sucks, let's trade him for a 2nd round pick" lol
    A lot of people probably hope Barnum was right about a sucker being born every minute. For years you could count on them being with the Browns, the Raiders and the Dolphins. Maybe that is why we sometimes hope other teams will take out our trash for a second rounder. We have seen it work against us a few times.

I think Jackson is too inaccurate to be a quality NFL QB. Best case scenario is he is a young Michael Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I think Jackson is too inaccurate to be a quality NFL QB. Best case scenario is he is a young Michael Vick.
    Defenses will force him to beat them with his arm, not legs. that is what will cause him to be a below average QB, but he is an elite athlete. He should be a 2nd rd pick, but some team desperate enough will take him so much higher than he should go. Same with Baker Mayfield, although I like Mayfield better as a QB prospect than Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Lamar Jackson is a better athlete than Vick and I would say more accurate as well. I think on the right team he could be lethal. But with a dual threat QB, you'll always have the injury concern. Some teams just won't want to deal with it. And you'll never have a backup that will be as good as Lamar Jackson at what he does so if he does get hurt you'd have to change the playbook. But the question will be if Lamar will be good enough to beat the elite defenses in the league and be effective in the playoffs because I don't see him ever being a solid chain mover and taking what defense gives him and being super accurate etc. Still think he's a special talent.

Fun Fact: Fins took Pat White in the 2009 NFL Draft in the 2nd round.
    BRUH

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Fun Fact: Fins took Pat White in the 2009 NFL Draft in the 2nd round.
    Fun!? You have a sick sense of humor!

Vick is easy the best athlete to ever play QB, no sure Jackson is on his level. Him declining to do any timed workouts is a big red flag to me in that he isn't as fast as people think he is.

Brandon Doughty has been released. I guess Osweiller is a little less likely to be a camp casualty now.

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast