Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 944
  1. #916
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,511
    More often than not in football, players stick together by position... So IMO, Wake would have nothing really to do with Parker... Who has Parker been around...??? Mainly Landry and Stills...

    If Amendola can't get Parker going in the right direction then I don't see him growing up... Parker also has Wilson to learn from...

    Who did Parker learn from since he was a rookie WR...??? Greg Jennings was around during Parker's rookie season... He was productive as a rookie... Who knows what could have been if Jennings wasn't released before season 2 with the Phins...

    IMO, the Phins should look to draft an early round stud WR next year...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  2. #917
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,811
    Yea it's not like Wake is in the WR room watching film and stuff. It's Landry and Stills who we be guys he would look too but both of them are high working guys so it really is just him.

  3. #918
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    6,490
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I mean if Cam just had some magic way of doing it then why isnt everyone on the team using it? We know at this point that Cam isnt really a vocal leader so I wouldn't be surprised if DVP doesn't talk to him much. But it's not as simple as just stealing his workout schedule. DVP could just be more prone to injuries due to his genetics.

    I just hate this maturity argument because each offseason has been the DVP hype show and people only attack his habits once he gets hurt. And Parker looked GREAT last year until he got hurt. I just dont believe Chambers has this magic routine that will never make DVP get hurt again lol.

    And yea the Carroo trade has Tbaum written all over him. But it's all a guess because we're all hyped for Howard and at the time the trade was a bit questionable. I personally like either trading back or just letting it drop to you unless it's a top player on your board.
    I'm not saying that Parker DOES have a maturity issue. I'm just saying that if he has any questions about how to "live right" and prolong his career, then he couldn't have a better resource than Wake. If I remember correctly, it was Vernon Davis that used to hang out with Wake to learn all about his habits. I remember him saying in an interview (again, I think it was Vernon Davis) that "if you want to know how to do it 'right', then you need to spend time with Wake". Wake isn't a TE and Davis was playing for the Niners. Yes, his brother played for the Dolphins, but he still found a way to make that connection. Just saying, if there's a will, there's a way. I'm sure Wake would take a receiver under his wing for a week to give him some nutritional and training advice.

    As for the Carroo trade, it's real easy to complain in retrospect. On paper, we got one of the best receivers in the draft. We may not like it now, but the trade up made sense if you landed a legit 2nd-round talent where we got him. The problem, is just that he didn't work out. Any time you give up additional picks to land a player and then they struggle to even make the team, the fan base is destined to be pissed. If Carroo was our legit replacement for Landry, then no one would think twice about it. The fact that he's probably going to get cut, just makes us think "imagine what we could have done with the draft pick(s) that we lost". Oh well, live and learn.

  4. #919
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,905
    So, we extended Bobby McCain. This has Tannebaum written all over it...

    Dolphins signed CB Bobby McCain to a four-year, $27 million extension.

    The deal includes $13 million guaranteed. Miami used their post June cap space from releasing Ndamukong Suh to extend McCain. This is a huge win for agent Drew Rosenhaus, making McCain the highest paid slot corner in the league. McCain played most of his snaps inside during his breakout 2017, but may see more time opposite Xavien Howard this season.
    BRUH

  5. #920
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I mean if Cam just had some magic way of doing it then why isnt everyone on the team using it? We know at this point that Cam isnt really a vocal leader so I wouldn't be surprised if DVP doesn't talk to him much. But it's not as simple as just stealing his workout schedule. DVP could just be more prone to injuries due to his genetics.

    I just hate this maturity argument because each offseason has been the DVP hype show and people only attack his habits once he gets hurt. And Parker looked GREAT last year until he got hurt. I just dont believe Chambers has this magic routine that will never make DVP get hurt again lol.

    And yea the Carroo trade has Tbaum written all over him. But it's all a guess because we're all hyped for Howard and at the time the trade was a bit questionable. I personally like either trading back or just letting it drop to you unless it's a top player on your board.
    A few things I see differently here. I don't think anyone believes Parker will never get hurt again if he trains under Chambers. I don't think anyone can completely prevent injuries even with proper training and diet and rest. I am fairly prone myself due to ligaments being too long for my body. I have been dubbed "hyper mobile" and have been told I should be more prone to dislocations and sprains than the average person because of it. Yet I don't get very many of either and, probably not coincidentally, I eat much better and keep myself in better shape than most people my age. I think some are genetically more prone to injuries, but I think regardless of the hand you are dealt, you can make yourself less likely to get hurt with diet, training and rest. Even Wake blew an Achilles and he is known for taking care of himself. But he has been durable and I think most people would agree that his regimen has helped his performance and his durability throughout his career. Notice nobody criticized Wake when he got hurt. Better training, diet and rest should definitely help anybody who is not putting enough into these areas. These have been issues for Parker through his career unless Gase just made it up a few years ago when he called him out on it in a presser. But he would have nothing to gain by making that up. People don't necessarily wait until he is hurt to talk about it either. The fact that it is being talked about in the off season shows us that. But of course it would be talked about when he gets hurt because this maturity is widely seen as a cause for his definite pattern of injuries.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 06-02-2018 at 10:13 PM.

  6. #921
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    204
    Today the Dolphins announced Ballage, Smythe and Baker are signed. That's all of the rookies now except for Gesicki.

  7. #922
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    204
    This is a nice read. Some unnamed scout who does not work for the Dolphins weighs in on some picks and stuff. If it is truly a scout who is not with the Dolphins, I respect the unbiased source. I am encouraged by the fact that FitzPatrick is bright and a leader. A real leader, not a guy the team just tries to sell as a leader. We have been down that road. I was not in love with the pick as I said after the draft, but that is not to say I didn't think FitzPatrick won't be a great player for us, just not the position I was hoping for. But he's a Dolphin and Saban's players do come NFL ready, which Minkah appears to be early in his pro career.
    The part about Geiseke being straight line speed is not so bad when you remember that Tannehill throws better to targets moving away from the LOS than horizontals. Could this be a good match of players' skills or just a coincidence? Either way they should make some plays.
    I'm still not that fired up about Amendola. As a rule, I always say stay away from former New England trash. I find they are usually a product of their system (cheating) and can be expected to fall to Earth once they have to play by the rules. We'll see though. But then I'm not at all upset about Landry leaving either, so he has smaller shoes to fill than many people think, from my perspective.
    The two evaluators say Minkah Fitzpatrick should not only elevate the Dolphins with his play, but in time he also should help lessen the mental mistakes that have plagued the Dolphins’ defensive backfield.

    Fitzpatrick led Dolphins defensive backs in interceptions during the offseason program, according to teammate Cornell Armstrong.

    Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...#storylink=cpy

  8. #923
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,383
    looking forward to the season starting already

    I'm more optimistic now than I was 2 months ago. still not optimistic about a dink and dunk offense led by Tannehill. I don't see us winning shootouts whatsoever. to me no matter what you do to the offense as long as Tannehill is the starter it will always be vanilla. the weapons we have are poor and don't help matters but If we had Odell and Antonio Brown I would still feel the same way bc of our QB

    what I am optimistic about is the run game especially if Ballage beats out Drake. I am looking forward to that battle more than any other and I want Ballage to win. nothing else on offense excites me but seeing Ballage start behind this OL. wasn't excited about the pick at the time but I am starting to think he might be our best offensive weapon

    excited to see Minkah in the defense and how he looks as well

    also actually excited to see Jason Sanders and what he can do as the new kicker. think we might have found a really great gem there


    still looking at TE Noah Fant R1 next year and a new QB

  9. #924
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    looking forward to the season starting already

    I'm more optimistic now than I was 2 months ago. still not optimistic about a dink and dunk offense led by Tannehill. I don't see us winning shootouts whatsoever. to me no matter what you do to the offense as long as Tannehill is the starter it will always be vanilla. the weapons we have are poor and don't help matters but If we had Odell and Antonio Brown I would still feel the same way bc of our QB

    what I am optimistic about is the run game especially if Ballage beats out Drake. I am looking forward to that battle more than any other and I want Ballage to win. nothing else on offense excites me but seeing Ballage start behind this OL. wasn't excited about the pick at the time but I am starting to think he might be our best offensive weapon

    excited to see Minkah in the defense and how he looks as well

    also actually excited to see Jason Sanders and what he can do as the new kicker. think we might have found a really great gem there


    still looking at TE Noah Fant R1 next year and a new QB
    +1 on the offense and Tannehill. I really wanted Rosen but I have come to grips with the Minkah pick and I'm excited to see him take over as a leader on defense, getting guys into the right spots etc., and of course making plays.

  10. #925
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,029
    So ESPN ranks the phins offensive weapons 31st in the league. I personally do not view the loss of Landry dropping us to second to last in the league for offense. The site states that we basically traded Ajayi's production for Gore's (false), traded Landry's production for Smith's and Amendola's (truth), and added a rookie TE in a round and position (2nd rd - TE) that has never produced a rookie season over 700 yds (how many TE's in the lague even got 700 yds last year?).

    Now granted, it does not take into effect the QB, OL or scheme . . . but I think our weapons are top 20 at least, given the amount of depth we have at WR and RB now.

  11. #926
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,041
    It's just another example of ESPN looking at stats and not actual game tape. I seriously don't understand why so many think that we lost so much because we got rid of a Center that only practiced once a week and a WR that was force fed and was still barely above average in terms of productivity.

    Although my favorite part of that article is when they mention that we lost Julius Thomas, while admitting he was terrible last year, and basically said Geiski can't even hope of getting to 700 yards as if that's what we NEED him to do to be an upgrade over Thomas. I could probably walk out onto the field and put up better stats than Thomas.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  12. #927
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    It's just another example of ESPN looking at stats and not actual game tape. I seriously don't understand why so many think that we lost so much because we got rid of a Center that only practiced once a week and a WR that was force fed and was still barely above average in terms of productivity.

    Although my favorite part of that article is when they mention that we lost Julius Thomas, while admitting he was terrible last year, and basically said Geiski can't even hope of getting to 700 yards as if that's what we NEED him to do to be an upgrade over Thomas. I could probably walk out onto the field and put up better stats than Thomas.
    What are your contract demands? lol

    We actually have really, really good depth at WR, TE and RB. OL is better, but still not great depth, and QB depth is non-existent now.

    We upgraded at RB because Gore can catch out of the backfield (Ajayi could not), Drake is quick and fast, and Ballage has a chance to be very good.

    Pundits don't understand just how good Albert Wilson can be in our scheme . . . Landry had some of the best hands I've seen in a while, but dude could not break gains for anything. Wilson can. Amendola brings a solid presence (when healthy), Stills is our #1 and I am okay with that. If Parker actually stays healthy, then watch out (but I'm not holding out hope).

    TE is going to be an adventure cause we have a very talented rookie, but again he's just a rookie and I'm not sure what to expect.

    As long as Tannehill stays healthy all 16 games, we will have an above average offense (top 15)

  13. #928
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,041
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    What are your contract demands? lol

    We actually have really, really good depth at WR, TE and RB. OL is better, but still not great depth, and QB depth is non-existent now.

    We upgraded at RB because Gore can catch out of the backfield (Ajayi could not), Drake is quick and fast, and Ballage has a chance to be very good.

    Pundits don't understand just how good Albert Wilson can be in our scheme . . . Landry had some of the best hands I've seen in a while, but dude could not break gains for anything. Wilson can. Amendola brings a solid presence (when healthy), Stills is our #1 and I am okay with that. If Parker actually stays healthy, then watch out (but I'm not holding out hope).

    TE is going to be an adventure cause we have a very talented rookie, but again he's just a rookie and I'm not sure what to expect.

    As long as Tannehill stays healthy all 16 games, we will have an above average offense (top 15)
    That's my expectations too. I'm a little worried about the Oline but that's just because we haven't seen Tunsil and James be consistent for an entire season yet, but outside of that I think we legitimately upgraded at every offensive position this offseason.

    I'm completely to the point where I think Wilson will be better than Landry. You look at every major statistic that makes Landry look good and Wilson's right there with him with or even better. Wilson was only 2 missed tackles behind Landry with almost 100 less targets and the biggest thing is that Wilson averaged 10.9 yards per reception on passes at or behind the line of scrimmage (Landry 7.5). So hopefully now those screen passes aren't as much of a waste as they were before. Add that to the fact that we get an entire season of Drake and a better version of DWill in Gore, an upgraded Oline, a very productive vet WR in Amendola and we get Thill back should mean a winning season. I mean we somehow won 6 games last year with Cutler and that's with 3 games where our offense got completely shut out. You win those games and we're a playoff contender.

    The only thing I will say I'm worried about is TE but again it won't be hard to beat last year's production. I don't really expect Geiski to do much outside of some red zone work this year. TE is just so hard to play in your rookie year so I'm not expecting more than 20 catches and a few TD's. If he does better I won't be angry but I'm expecting to see a lot of AJ Derby at the start of the season with Gray getting some HB work. Slow cook Geiski and don't force him to make an impact early on

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

  14. #929
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,029
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    That's my expectations too. I'm a little worried about the Oline but that's just because we haven't seen Tunsil and James be consistent for an entire season yet, but outside of that I think we legitimately upgraded at every offensive position this offseason.

    I'm completely to the point where I think Wilson will be better than Landry. You look at every major statistic that makes Landry look good and Wilson's right there with him with or even better. Wilson was only 2 missed tackles behind Landry with almost 100 less targets and the biggest thing is that Wilson averaged 10.9 yards per reception on passes at or behind the line of scrimmage (Landry 7.5). So hopefully now those screen passes aren't as much of a waste as they were before. Add that to the fact that we get an entire season of Drake and a better version of DWill in Gore, an upgraded Oline, a very productive vet WR in Amendola and we get Thill back should mean a winning season. I mean we somehow won 6 games last year with Cutler and that's with 3 games where our offense got completely shut out. You win those games and we're a playoff contender.

    The only thing I will say I'm worried about is TE but again it won't be hard to beat last year's production. I don't really expect Geiski to do much outside of some red zone work this year. TE is just so hard to play in your rookie year so I'm not expecting more than 20 catches and a few TD's. If he does better I won't be angry but I'm expecting to see a lot of AJ Derby at the start of the season with Gray getting some HB work. Slow cook Geiski and don't force him to make an impact early on
    Oh for sure . . . I would actually think Smythe takes more snaps at TE than Gesicki through the season, just because Smythe is probably our best blocking TE right now. I love the potential of Gesicki though . . . we finally have something to be excited about at TE.

    I think our starting five on the OL is better than our starting five last year. I think Sutton is going to make Tunsil better.

    I'm just very excited about the offense this year. A healthy Tannehill is going to make a world of difference. He now knows this offense inside and out, once he gets the timing down with his new weapons, we're golden.

    I still think the Phins will be putting up 22-23 pts per game on average.

  15. #930
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,041
    Yea I wouldn't be surprised at all if Smythe plays more than Geiski this year purely for the blocking possibility. I think Geiski will be very package based since that's what the rest of the offense looks like it will follow.

    I definitely like the Oline on paper, I think it's the best we've had in years, but I think I've just listened to all of the writers who have said that Sutton's age has to worry you a bit. If the Line is healthy I think it will be great and a massive upgrade in both pass protection and run blocking, I'm just going to take the wait and see approach before I believe it.

    And if the offense averages 23 points then we have a winning season. Just think about how we should have won the Jets and Saints games since the Defense held them under 20 points. You add that to the two games we should have won with the Raiders and the Bucs and all of a sudden we have a 10 win season. We somehow won 6 games with Cutler at QB and we were still closer than it felt. Sure it probably would have felt like the 2016 season where some games were way too close, but a win's a win.

    Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •