Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    But we need one more guy to share some of the load. Gore is not young and Drake does have an injury history in college IIRC. Remember, he didn't handle the hwole season last year. I think it will take its toll on him if he is running a lot for 16 weeks. Same has to be said for Gore at this point. So if you want to be able to run the ball a lot, and I think we need to, it's good to have a third guy to chip in for even 5 carries a game. Plus, you need a guy who is ready because expecting your 2 backs to both play all 16 complete games is a stretch.
    Obviously you need a 3rd back just in case, but I dont see how you can expect Ballage to get more than 1 or 2 snaps a game unless theres an injury. There will only be 30-40 carries a game with Drake taking 15-20 and and Gore getting 10-15. I understand Drakes injury concerns and sure Gore is older, but if they're healthy theres no way Ballage gets on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Obviously you need a 3rd back just in case, but I dont see how you can expect Ballage to get more than 1 or 2 snaps a game unless theres an injury. There will only be 30-40 carries a game with Drake taking 15-20 and and Gore getting 10-15. I understand Drakes injury concerns and sure Gore is older, but if they're healthy theres no way Ballage gets on the field.
    You're probably right. I mean we usually don't even see a rookie until late in the season (unless he's picked high). Ajayi 2 years ago, the Drake last year, for example. Playbook and acclimatization I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LRizzle View Post
    Damn, I didn't read or see any of that, about TBaum wanting to make trades and being talked out of it. He LOVES trades.

In regards to the draft, kind of see 2017-2018 drafts as Grier and Gase focused. TBaum still had a significant amount of influence in 2016 I feel like and Gase was just a first year HC.
    Picking Tunsil, Howard and Drake look like all good picks. Tunsil hasn't lived up to his hype but he's still solid and learning and was a consensus top pick so can't blame them and Howard is showing glimpses. Jakeem Grant is also finally showing promise but I feel like any and all good that came from this draft was pissed away with the trade up for Carroo. Massive failure. Jordan Lucas, Doughty and Duarte were all throw away picks also. As of now I see that draft as a B-. Last year is tough to judge mainly because Harris is playing in a loaded position and McMillan tore his ACL. Cordrea looks solid. Asiata is already 25 going on 26. He came out strong af. Now he needs the mental and speed aspect of the game, something you should already have by 26. Hence why he dropped to 5th of course. Vincent Taylor and Godchaux were very solid late picks. Isaiah Ford at WR... who? So this draft really depends how Harris and McMillan play this year. Could make this class an A or a C.

This draft class I really liked. Issue with the last few draft classes, I feel like we swing and miss on the early ones in the sense that, yea they're starters. But you expect more from so many 1st and 2nd rounders. Where are the pro-bowlers and studs and game changers in the last few drafts? So... we shall see. If this draft class goes off this year and we find out it was mainly Grier and TBaum's moves all look to have back fired and this offseason we try to get rid of more of his mistakes, by moving on from Andre Branch and maybe even Kiko and in 2019 offseason getting rid of TJ McDonald since we just drafted his replacement. What's the point of keeping that guy around. He overpays average players and lets pro-bowlers and game changers walk away. You can replace average players with cheap veterans and draft picks. Anyway. We shall see.
    I would love to see Tannenbaum fired. Taking away his power and giving him a new title that is a figurehead position would also work. I'll take either. Plus, I would like to see Grier working on his own, in concert with Gase.

Not good for the Eagles, they cut Mychal Kendricks and later that same day Paul Worrilow tore his ACL. More importantly, what I wouldn't do to be able to swap Kiko for Kendricks. Mychal is a stud at SLB and a top 10 LB according to PFF to boot. Just another example of how very good players get cut or released for one reason or another and there's no reason to throw big money at average players. Freakin TBum man. It's like he does really good sneaky stuff like trading for Hayes for peanuts, but then he agrees to shave a year of his contract at cheap. But then he resigned him again this offseason... Then he signs McDonald on the cheap, and gives him a big deal before he had even played a single real live game with RJ. And now surprise, two SS's on the field together isn't the best thing. Not to mention the SS market was flooded this offseason, some very good safeties still available which only would've driven TJ McDonald's price down if we wanted to keep him long-term. The Andre Branch deal ... sigh... he keeps paying 27 year old players thinking they have untapped potential. No dude, maybe if they were 22-23. Not 27-28. If they're ok to mediocre and then come here and do well, that was their high point. They aren't going to keep getting better. <sorry y'all the hate flows through me this morning apparently. lol >
    BRUH

Not good for the Eagles, they cut Mychal Kendricks and later that same day Paul Worrilow tore his ACL. More importantly, what I wouldn't do to be able to swap Kiko for Kendricks. Mychal is a stud at SLB and a top 10 LB according to PFF to boot. Just another example of how very good players get cut or released for one reason or another and there's no reason to throw big money at average players. Freakin TBum man. It's like he does really good sneaky stuff like trading for Hayes for peanuts, but then he agrees to shave a year of his contract at cheap. But then he resigned him again this offseason... Then he signs McDonald on the cheap, and gives him a big deal before he had even played a single real live game with RJ. And now surprise, two SS's on the field together isn't the best thing. Not to mention the SS market was flooded this offseason, some very good safeties still available which only would've driven TJ McDonald's price down if we wanted to keep him long-term. The Andre Branch deal ... sigh... he keeps paying 27 year old players thinking they have untapped potential. No dude, maybe if they were 22-23. Not 27-28. If they're ok to mediocre and then come here and do well, that was their high point. They aren't going to keep getting better. <sorry y'all the hate flows through me this morning apparently. lol >
    Tannenbaum should have known the safety market would be flooded if that was the case, and planned accordingly. Almost all GM's would have their fingers on the pulse of the league, knowing which contracts are coming up and therefore which positions they can expect to have a shot at filling via FA a year, or a few years, in advance.
    To me it too often feels like we're reacting, and constantly up against the cap. But Tannenbeaum is good at looking busy making moves (see the draft before this year). So he probably is also good at selling lines of BS to his owner, which prolongs his employment.

I dont think Tbaum was the only one pushing for those moves. Gase and Grier both made a huge deal about keeping their own guys and they determined guys like Branch and Kiko were big parts of the playoff season. McDonald is also a young talented safety who showed great chemistry with Jones in camp. With so many people talking about how we should have resigned Landry or James sooner you cant complain about them resigning their guys.

The biggest problem this team has had under Gase is self scouting. It's why youd always hear about Bushrod or Pouncey being their top rated Olineman. Yes blame Tbaum for how much money he gave mediocre guys like Kiko and Branch, but also blame Gase for saying that these guys are important players.

Yea Gase was moronic with his admiration for Bushrod. My other issue that I pointed out before, is that with this structure we don't really know who to blame or hold accountable. What was Grier? What was Gase? What was TBum? What was Ross? etc... Hope some clarity establishes itself.
    BRUH

Yea Gase was moronic with his admiration for Bushrod. My other issue that I pointed out before, is that with this structure we don't really know who to blame or hold accountable. What was Grier? What was Gase? What was TBum? What was Ross? etc... Hope some clarity establishes itself.
    Based on interviews and just general insider notes, its seems like this is how it works. All 3 work together to review players and discuss the current team and the needs. Gase says these are the types of players or specific players he wants. Tannebaum handles signing/trading for free agents. Grier basically handles the majority of the draft work.

I think the way Tannenbaum has put it is that Gase gives them the grocery list and it's his job to get it. Everyone has a part of it but each one handles specific things in that process. So if it's a trade or signing I think that's Tannenbaum.

So basically it was Tannenbaums fault we have such terrible contracts for Branch and Kiko, but Gase had a big part of saying these are guys I really want on the team. Same reason we didnt really push to resign Landry too much. Tannenbaum probably said we would have to pay X amount for Landry, is he worth it to you?

Based on interviews and just general insider notes, its seems like this is how it works. All 3 work together to review players and discuss the current team and the needs. Gase says these are the types of players or specific players he wants. Tannebaum handles signing/trading for free agents. Grier basically handles the majority of the draft work.

I think the way Tannenbaum has put it is that Gase gives them the grocery list and it's his job to get it. Everyone has a part of it but each one handles specific things in that process. So if it's a trade or signing I think that's Tannenbaum.

So basically it was Tannenbaums fault we have such terrible contracts for Branch and Kiko, but Gase had a big part of saying these are guys I really want on the team. Same reason we didnt really push to resign Landry too much. Tannenbaum probably said we would have to pay X amount for Landry, is he worth it to you?
    I get the same feeling from tidbits here and there, but I thought Tannenbaum also had final say on draft picks after Grier did the legwork.

Maybe you have heard this already, but Chris Chambers, who now runs a fitness facility, has reached out to Parker to come and train in his gym. Parker has never gotten back to him. He did go to the chiropractor that Chambers also uses for his athletes, but he never followed through with it on a regular basis. This guy treats some high level NFL players. I am still hoping Parker takes the next step, but for a guy whose main issue has been taking care of himself, this all seems to fit. Gase has said he has seen an improvement in this area with Parker, at least on eating better.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-27-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Parker went into last season with tons of hype and everyone talking about how he's gotten much more mature with his habits and eating. It was honestly the biggest thing people talked about. Now all of a sudden it's a problem again? I mean I understand Chambers wanting to help out but based on everything we've seen and heard over the past year is that this isn't a problem anymore. Chambers isn't going to suddenly help Parker have more durable ankles.

And it seems like Tannenbaum has had his hands on the draft but it's like 80% Grier and 20% Tannenbaum. Again pointing back to Griers comments about telling Tannenbaum no trades this year makes me think that Grier has done most of the work and maybe Tbaum throws out some ideas while they're drafting and he handles the trade talks.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Parker went into last season with tons of hype and everyone talking about how he's gotten much more mature with his habits and eating. It was honestly the biggest thing people talked about. Now all of a sudden it's a problem again? I mean I understand Chambers wanting to help out but based on everything we've seen and heard over the past year is that this isn't a problem anymore. Chambers isn't going to suddenly help Parker have more durable ankles.

And it seems like Tannenbaum has had his hands on the draft but it's like 80% Grier and 20% Tannenbaum. Again pointing back to Griers comments about telling Tannenbaum no trades this year makes me think that Grier has done most of the work and maybe Tbaum throws out some ideas while they're drafting and he handles the trade talks.
    For the record, I have been very high on Parker and defended him even late into last year. Just posting what I read on a slow time of year. I will say, I got very pissed on the first drive of the home game vs. New Cheatland when he dropped a short crossing pass. Your team needs to set the tone early and you drop a gimme to move the chains? That stuff pisses me off. At least the rest of the team came to play and won that game. Otherwise I have defended him against others who seem to absolutely hate the guy and his dog.

But objectively, I still think maturity (taking care of himself and just dedicating himself to football) is his main issue. Sounds to me like Parker has taken a small step in the right direction by not living off of McDonald's and Gase is trying to encourage him. I think that's okay. Nobody says every NFL player has to work his @$$ off to be the best he can possibly be and Parker is good enough to remain in the league for a good 8-10 years on less effort than most. Who knows? He may get bored of being average after 5 years and decide to refocus his life on football to become great while he can. I just think Gase, as much as he throws guys under the bus publicly when he is fed up with them, defends them when he knows he still has them on his team, especially during the off season when there is no win loss record to pin on Gase. If Parker disappoints and Gase needs to explain why the offense is under performing and knows they are getting rid of Parker after this year, expect Parker to be hearing Greyhounds in the distance about mid-season.

I'm glad he's still a Dolphin and I am interested in seeing what he can do this year (over the course of the whole season).
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-27-2018 at 10:36 PM.

What's frustrating to me is that Parker has access to Cam Wake. A guy that could teach him EVERYTHING that he needs to know to be a beast for many years to come. I don't know positively that they don't converse, but I've never heard anything about it. If Parker would pay attention to Cam's diet, workout, resting, etc..., then Parker would be FINE. But he continues to have issues. Going from McDonald's to less McDonald's is all well and good. But if you are going to make 10 million per season, then it's time to grow up and eat/train like an adult that gives a isht.

As for Tannenbaum on draft day, I think it's very simple. Every time TBaum says that he wants to make a trade, Grier simply says the word "Carroo" and that ends the conversation.
    Last edited by Vegas_Phin1; 05-27-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    What's frustrating to me is that Parker has access to Cam Wake. A guy that could teach him EVERYTHING that he needs to know to be a beast for many years to come. I don't know positively that they don't converse, but I've never heard anything about it. If Parker would pay attention to Cam's diet, workout, resting, etc..., then Parker would be FINE. But he continues to have issues. Going from McDonald's to less McDonald's is all well and good. But if you are going to make 10 million per season, then it's time to grow up and eat/train like an adult that gives a isht.

As for Tannenbaum on draft day, I think it's very simple. Every time TBaum says that he wants to make a trade, Grier simply says the word "Carroo" and that ends the conversation.
    Yes, "Caroo" should be their safe word.

I mean if Cam just had some magic way of doing it then why isnt everyone on the team using it? We know at this point that Cam isnt really a vocal leader so I wouldn't be surprised if DVP doesn't talk to him much. But it's not as simple as just stealing his workout schedule. DVP could just be more prone to injuries due to his genetics.

I just hate this maturity argument because each offseason has been the DVP hype show and people only attack his habits once he gets hurt. And Parker looked GREAT last year until he got hurt. I just dont believe Chambers has this magic routine that will never make DVP get hurt again lol.

And yea the Carroo trade has Tbaum written all over him. But it's all a guess because we're all hyped for Howard and at the time the trade was a bit questionable. I personally like either trading back or just letting it drop to you unless it's a top player on your board.