Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    I wouldn't do it because I consider the player a huge red flag for several reasons but wouldn't it be nuts if our #1 target in FA was Le'veon Bell. I can't picture it just a crazy thought

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    according to Gregg Rosenthal on nfl.com Landry is the #10 FA. the #2 WR after Robinson (who is the #6 FA). Watkins is #3 WR. they are the only 3 WRs in the top 25. the top 10 includes Brees, Cousins, Bell, Jimmy G, Bridewater. point being he is good. really good
    I see what you are saying about Landry being really good. It's just that (for me) being really good at what he does vs. being solid or just good at what he does, isn't as much of a difference as you would see between a really good QB and a solid one, or a really good DE vs. a good one. IDK if that makes sense, but that's my issue with paying Landry like a top receiver. He is a very good (short yardage) slot receiver and for me there is a huge difference in value between him and a top outside deeper threat. Although in the absence of a security blanket TE he becomes more valuable. But I think I might rather find the very good pass catching TE even.

I pay Landry like a top WR because I think he is one. simple for me. people act like he is Chris Hogan. the WR Landry reminds me of most is Deandre Hopkins

More staffing changes

The Miami Dolphins have fired RB coach Danny Barrett, per a league source. The team will be talking to former Broncos RB coach Eric Studesville about a staff position --possibly RB but possibly something else -- as @alexmarvez reported.

I've always liked Denver's RBs and they've always been very versatile and disciplined. The RBs have always been talented here but Gase went nuts over how they never knew their assignment.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

I pay Landry like a top WR because I think he is one. simple for me. people act like he is Chris Hogan. the WR Landry reminds me of most is Deandre Hopkins
    TBH I don't see a lot of other teams and I have only seen a few games with Hopkins playing, but I see Hopkins as a deeper threat than Landry, unless my memory fails me. I'm guessing he's a bit taller and has longer arms because he is more effective on the outside from what I have seen. He's not big like Julio or Parker for example, but he is big enough and fast enough to get deeper IMO. That is what I'd pay for, but I don't think Landry can provide that. He'd sure try if you asked him but I don't think he could thrive on the edge trying to run deeper routes like he does underneath. Or, maybe I'm wrong and one day he will be Steve Smith Sr., I just don't see it.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-11-2018 at 09:45 PM.

I think Landry can but why ask him to every down when he is so elite at what you have him doing now. just have him do deeper routes occasionally which he also always wins when you do

poor OL play is a big part of it as well

Did I just see Landry being compared to Hopkins? LOL. Dude, if Hopkins had even an average QB, he would be putting up all pro numbers every season. Hopkins is a legit WR1 . . . Landry is not a legit WR1. Landry is a legit slot WR that is tough to take down. On any other offense (save for the NE Pats), Landry is second fiddle to whomever they have as a #1. We, unfortunately due to Parker's inability to stay healthy, do not have a legit WR1.

Landry is a wonderful player and I hope that the Phins sign him to a deal that will not horribly handcuff the cap space moving forward, but to say he is on Hopkins' level is ridiculous man.

he is Hopkins level imo. very similar style of play only Hopkins slightly faster

without Landry this is a bottom 5 passing offense with the top receiving weapon being Drake

Miami needs to spend the offseason fixing this OL and making us a legit top 5 running offense especially with Landry gone. keep the ball out of Tannehill's hands as much as possible

R1 Connor Williams LT Texas

IF Lamar Jackson makes it out of R1 trade up with the Browns for him. nobody can agree on where he will get drafted

he is Hopkins level imo. very similar style of play only Hopkins slightly faster
    I can agree that he probably is Hopkins' level of player, but I think they do very different things and what Hopkins does is more valuable and harder to find IMO. Deeper plays. I had to get informed more about Hopkins and I see he has averaged 12-16 yards per catch his whole career. Landry has bounced around between 8.8 (with Cutler out of retuirement) and 12.1 (12.1 being just below Hopkins' worst year).
    I will say this. I notice Landry's best year was last year under Gase, with Tannehill. We can probably attribute this year's 8.8 to Cutler and the offense as a whole coming down a level (or many levels ). But Hopkins has had some train wreck situations at QB hasn't he? So I still think Landry's ceiling on depth routes is about Hopkins' lower end. If he could do it more often they would have him do it more often since it is a skill that so few players possess. Lots of players can be underneath guys so I think they'd put Landry out deeper and let another player, even a back, run some of the shorter routes if they knew he had the skill set to consistently win deeper / out on the edge.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-12-2018 at 04:10 PM.

without Landry this is a bottom 5 passing offense with the top receiving weapon being Drake

Miami needs to spend the offseason fixing this OL and making us a legit top 5 running offense especially with Landry gone. keep the ball out of Tannehill's hands as much as possible

R1 Connor Williams LT Texas

IF Lamar Jackson makes it out of R1 trade up with the Browns for him. nobody can agree on where he will get drafted
    But we were already bottom tier of passing with Landry. He's not worth $15M/yr, and I won't back down from that. $13M/yr? Yeah, I can be okay with that. But if he's looking for $15M/yr long term . . . eh, I'm not touching it.

I honestly believe Williams will be there at #11. I am one that thinks Brown is better (size and health). If you want to establish a running game, then you pick Brown over Williams, hands down. I also think that Nelson has a really solid shot of being there at #11 as well. I think Nelson is on the same level as Zack Martin.

But I am also one that believes Jesse Davis has a future at RT for our team. If not RT, then OG. I believe that we already have one side of the line locked up (Tunsil-Davis-Pouncey). We need two more starters.

I am starting to really, really like Derwin James at #11, just because he would fit in so damn nice with TJ and RJ to form a very active and physical safety trio. I believe there is talk that they want to move TJ into that LB position, so James would be a nice get. But I am telling you this, right now, that Marcus Davenport is going to shoot up draft boards and he will be in the conversation at #11 come draft time. If you don't know him, start checking out his tape. NASTY.

So either Brown/Nelson, James or Davenport are at the top of my list right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    More staffing changes

The Miami Dolphins have fired RB coach Danny Barrett, per a league source. The team will be talking to former Broncos RB coach Eric Studesville about a staff position --possibly RB but possibly something else -- as @alexmarvez reported.

I've always liked Denver's RBs and they've always been very versatile and disciplined. The RBs have always been talented here but Gase went nuts over how they never knew their assignment.
    I agree. I don't know much about him but when I saw this it made me feel more optimistic about our RB's going into next year, for the reason you said.
    It also is just occurring to me, we always talk about how a coach needs a couple of years or more to get the roster the way he wants it with "his guys". The same must apply to coaches. It's certainly not possible that Gase was able to get his first choice at every coaching spot in 2 years. I'm sure many coaches he would like were already in positions with other teams and not accessible. It probably takes a few years.

On that note, our defensive line coach, Terrell Williams is rumored to be gone. Maybe we'll hear more today.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 01-13-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Davenport is raved upon but I still don't like him. I've went back to him like 4x because of the 1st round talk and I just don't see anything

James is a great player but at #11 is too high for my blood when I can have Watts or Vaccaro. James is better at the LOS same as those two. Ronnie is as well. James doesn't make us a playoff team and I simply like the talent at the position that comes at a much lower cost. great player though. S is one of the deepest positions in the draft

I don't think Brown is better than Williams at anything. his size is a negative for me and I think he is slow. big and strong if he gets his hands on you but he has to get his hands on you. he is currently a 2nd rounder and to me he is one of the bigger busts in the draft. NFL will be too fast for him and his height is a negative. he wont be able to bend enough and Tannehill will probably hit him in the head a lot with passes lol. smaller speed rushers will kill him. pretty much anyone with any type of speed will kill him. also not the first person to initiate contact. doesn't play angry. if Williams kills his medical idk why the Browns wouldn't take him to replace Joe Thomas who is coming off injury at 33 should move to RT

Nelson is good but idk why you would take an elite OG over an elite OT. so many diff things you can do if you take the tackle and Tunsil so far has been a letdown at LT

Our passing offense is bad WITH Landry heavily involved.
    I don't mind franchising Landry and trying to work out a long term deal or even trading him.
    Upgrade the o-line significantly and become a run first offense to open up play action. Without an o line this team goes nowhere, just like the past decade. Except, in 2016 when we had the 3 unicorns. I dislike Omar Kelly big time but he was right about Albert, Pouncey and James. When all 3 were playing we were able to run the ball successfully which opened up the entire play book.

Fix the freaking o line but there is no way in heck I'm trading up for an o lineman unless it's to like pick 7 or 8 and that's if there has ben an o lineman taken already. We have to address 1 of the guard spots in free agency and it can't be a "leftover" guard 2 weeks into free agency. Spend the $ and get one of the top available.

If we can run the ball and get leads then our defense will have fresh legs and be able to pint heir ears back and go after the qb. This is what our defense is built for.

I would be happy if the Dolphins signed just 1 starting quality offensive lineman. It would be a start in the right direction to fixing the line. Also use a top 3 pick on a lineman.

Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast